Best Hair Salon In Bangkok?

glbv

Looking for the best possible hair salon in Bangkok, have some family visiting and they need to be ready for a good week. Price isnt an issue all that matters is quality. My normal salon is shiseido on the 2nd flood of emporium but im not sure how good they are for the whole 9 yards of color, cutting and curling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heard that Sindy Lim at Sukhumvit is really good. They cut hair and do hair styling for The Stars (a TV Thai program).

Sukhumvit Soi 49, Sukhumvit Road, Sukhumvit, Bangkok Watthana 10110 Thailand

Tel: 022 600 635

Best salon for western tourists and with a decent english speaking master stylist is Zenred Salon Bangkok

Its got all the latest Brazilian keratin treatments, organic colour treatments and some fantastic hair extensions which its very popular for.

Telephone: 0836 0061 76

Also a lot cheaper than any salons in MBK or emporium, a haircut at zenred is just 350 baht

p.s. its at monopoly park mall in rama 3, not too far from sathorn and silom

Its in the same Mall as the famous Japanese robot restaurant, a samurai robot will serve your meal

Definitely worth checking that out too!

• 2 weeks later...

One of the best Bangkok hair salons that I highly recommend is Hair By Phonatip. He does an amazing job on all kinds of hair at extremely reasonable prices.

One of the best things is that he speaks perfect English and can fully understand what foreign clients would like to have.

He is very conveniently located near the Phaya Thai BTS station. Check out his website for more details. www.HairByPhonatip.com

You can also call him on his cell phone +66-89-429-2257

• 4 months later...

Any of these hairdressers good for an 8 year olds hair?

My daughter has very dry hair that gets knotted up all the time and has to be cut out so I want to find somewhere that understands Farang hair and can give it some treatment.

A Pattaya salon would be preferred if anyone has recomendations there (or Sri Racha) but a trip to Bangkok is possible.

Longtimelurker, The BAMBI group's Pattaya chapter might be a better place for you to find what you need.

Separately, I'm trying to locate a Japanese hairdresser called Maru, whom I patronized when I was last based in Bangkok. Pls post or PM me his number if you have. Many thanks.

• 6 months later...

Can anyone with naturally blond hair that is very fine in texture recommend a good place for color? It's easy for those with dark brown hair and textures similiar to Asian hair but blond and fine hair is a whole other matter.....

I've been using Schwing for cuts & happy enough with them for that but not sure whom to trust for color. Need base plus highlights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Sherly
For blondes, platinum or blonde hilites etc. I would personally recommend a hair stylist called Paweerada.
She used to work in the Corner Salon but moved to Zenred. She is a master stylist and also my friend, I don't know anyone better than her to be honest. As far as I know she has been coloring expats and tourists for over 25 years, and does more blondes than she does Thai customers.

I posted the facebook link above, you can see for yourself the majority of clients there are blonde with loads of pics with fine Caucasian hair. If you want to book her you will have to ask for her when you contact them, she is very popular and not always available. It really is the stylist at the end of the day and not the salon you choose, but id recommend her if you can get her. ;)

Found some recommendations in this forum and decided to try out Chetta Lifestyle Salon as it's nearer to where we put up.

I had a hair straightening and my daughter did a digital perm. We're very happy with the results. They really pay attention to your needs and understand what you want.

It was an enjoyable session as they speak good English and very friendly.

No regret.... thank you for the recommendation.

@ Sherly

For blondes, platinum or blonde hilites etc. I would personally recommend a hair stylist called Paweerada.

She used to work in the Corner Salon but moved to Zenred. She is a master stylist and also my friend, I don't know anyone better than her to be honest. As far as I know she has been coloring expats and tourists for over 25 years, and does more blondes than she does Thai customers.

I posted the facebook link above, you can see for yourself the majority of clients there are blonde with loads of pics with fine Caucasian hair. If you want to book her you will have to ask for her when you contact them, she is very popular and not always available. It really is the stylist at the end of the day and not the salon you choose, but id recommend her if you can get her. wink.png

Thanks. I'm currently in the US now (gave up and waited till I got here to do my hair) but will definitely try her for my next Thai coloring.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hahah this thread.. Great comedic relief for an otherwise dull Saturday night!

MAYA1 - great post!

As for me, I have 2 hair stylists in Bangkok. I'm exceptionally particular about my hair and it's taken me years to find a stylist that cuts it as requested. Before moving to Bangkok, I had a stylist in farangland who'd I'd been going to for 10 years. Ex-gf introduced me to her way back when we were together and I'd just moved back from overseas. So it was a lot of trial and error to find someone who could nail my brief - add in language barrier and it's frustrating as all hell!

I primarily use SCHAI on Thonglor, the stylist there seems to understand how I want my hair to look. The only drawback to this place is the experience. Wash and cut goes for about 700+

My other stylist, who is used for special occasions, Boy at RIKYU. Japanese fellow, speaks a little bit of English and less Thai. Salon is something of a celeb hangout or some such - according to the wife who goes there more regularly than I do - but it's a great experience. Full works. Friendly and professional! But expensive at around 1300 for gents and double that for women.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Do any of you have any recommendations for Balayage highlights?? I mostly have given up on salons here and have been doing my own but I kind of want to have a nice look for my graduation next month and am hoping there is someone competent and NOT OVERPRICED in BKK, please let me know!

• 1 month later...

Pam Anderson on Sub Soi 2 RuamRuddee Is very good at colouring. Best highlights in Thailand so far for me. Even my UK hairdresser had heard of her as one of his other clients that lives in BKK uses her. I have blonde hair and its hard to find a hairdresser that knows how to colour (with foils).

She has her own web page but you must book an appointment.

Its a long walk from BTS Plonchet but you can get a motorbike taxi very cheap.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Amazing time at the salon today!
I have very damaged blonde hair and they completely brought it back to life.

My Balayage Ombre low-lights and highlights are beautiful.
It is so hard to find a place that does a good job with blonde hair.(I have learned this the hard way and is why my hair looked like a yellow marker pen)
Staff are amazing and couldn't do enough to accommodate me, very friendly place and easy to find...
Highly recommend them to everyone!

www.facebook.com/zenredhairsalonbangkok

Zenred Salon Bangkok

Tel: 0836006176

• 2 weeks later...

very good topic, thanks. It will help me with the business I run. I have been to Zenred twice . Locationwise not very good. But the service is very good. They did my nails with CND she laque at the price almost 2 cheaper than I could fine anywhere else in BKK. Staf''s English is very good too. We have quite a few heair shops here http://bookup.asia/en/beauty/17, but not Zenred yet(((

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks i will definitely be trying the CND shellac nails next time i visit Zenred - Normally i get the OPI there but if its 2 times cheaper than other places it's definitely on my todo list now.
Last time i just got a taxi from Terminal 21- BTS Asoke and called Zenred, they spoke to my taxi driver in Thai and 10 minutes later i was at the salon, cost about 80 baht.
Here is an upto date pricelist: Bangkok Salon Prices - i'm going to get hair extensions there next week so i will mention it to them.

• 4 months later...

I was in Chiang Mai last November and had the best haircut I have had anywhere. Its hard to find someone who really knows how to cut and style hair properly. I recently returned here and went to the same salon. She remembered me straight away and did another great job on my hair (which had been cut rather badly in Australia) - every hair in place. One hour of shampoo, condition, head/neck massage and hair cut, 150tb. I gave her 200tb as I felt it was worth the bit extra. The salon is Make Over by Siriya, 41/1 Bumrungburi Rd near Chiang Mai Gate (pharmacy on the corner of soi, and optician on other corner), Make Over is just a few doors down from corner. She also does colours, streaks, etc whatever you want. I think she does men's hair cuts too, probably cheaper.

Archived