Best Hair Salon In Bangkok?

glbv

One of the Best salons in Bangkok, ZAHARA SALON just opened in Sukumvit 13 - Its about 5 mins walk from NANA BTS station, 100 meters down the soi and on the Left, directly opposite Trendy office building. The Hair stylists at Zahara speak pretty good English and are very well trained for International styles, its a very nice salon inside, everything is Brand new luxury style, very clean and very professional.

They are also rather good with blonde hair types, i went with my American friend and she loved her Balayage/Ombre highlites. They also have some great products like QOD Brazilian keratin, Moroccan Argan oils, Human hair Extensions, Shellac Gel Manicures and lots of home treatments, shampoo's and conditioners, they even had Purple shampoo 'toners for blonde hair which I've been told is very hard to find in Asia let alone Bangkok.

Prices were reasonable considering the area is Sukumvit and right next to Soi 11
A Womens hair cut was just 400 baht,
I also had 'Compagnia del Colore' permanent straightening, a brand new product from Italy with Marine Collagen that is pretty awesome - i just had to try it.
It left my hair silky smooth and straight permanently which is what i wanted. Price for that is 3500-6000 depending on how long your hair is. mine cost around 5000 baht.
Oh, and i highly recommend the QOD Argan oil, its what i use everyday on my hair, smells lovely and keeps hair soft, silky and protected in Bangkoks hot and humid sweat box.

Furthermore. this salon is Arab Muslim friendly with a Private room for Muslim Ladies, again they have thought of everything and definitely care about International customers needs, well done!

For Prices and online booking:
https://www.facebook.com/zaharasalonbangkok

Here is a Google Map hto find the place:
https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Zahara+Salon+Bangkok/@13.741,100.557495,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x780ca89c9b2d4457

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if Zenred/Zahara has QOD Max Silver. I k ow they use QOD keratoin but I think just QOD Gold.

Max Silver It is supposed to cause less color fading than other keratin. I have very fine and very porous hair which as it is, does not hold color well (tried every possible product). Keratin treatments completely strips off the color leaving it a horrible very pale yellow. From what I read QOD Max Silver should do better.

???

Ýep the QOD MAX SILVER Brazilian keratin product has been available at Zenred for at least a year now, i've seen it and its a purple color.

They also have a brand new Keratin product i tried about 3 months ago called QOD MAX PRIME. Thats not specifically for blonde hair but my hair has been beautifully smooth and glossy ever since. From what i gather, it lasts a bit longer too. I think they are both the new generation of keratin products where you no longer need to wait that 48 hours before your first wash, Its also a bit different because they wash the product out before the flat ironing procedure.

Zahara salon in Sukumvit 13, yes they also have the latest QOD MAX SILVER Brazilian keratin, i found it here:
https://www.facebook.com/zaharasalonbangkok/photos/a.1578683352346134.1073741828.1577241489156987/1634434060104396

As far as the color fade goes, im not sure about Blonde hair but from what 'my friends told me i gather MAX SILVER its to prevent yellowing on blonde. Im not so sure it will stop your color from washing out though, because you need the clarifying shampoo before any keratin treatment, and that opens the hair up so will always wash a bit of my color out too. What i try to do is I always try to do my color the same time as keratin so they both tend to last longer.

Anyways, goodluck with the QOD Max Silver keratin ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep Zahara salon definitely seems to be one of the best salons in Bangkok, we had some fantastic luxury grade hair extensions there last week, really good quality ones. In fact i would say they are even better than the ones i got in London last year. Obviously you get what you pay for in Thailand and they were not the cheapest, but still much cheaper than Great lengths or dream hair back home, give them a go, stylists speak acceptable levels of English and they also have that QOD Max silver Brazilian keratin stuff someone above mentioned. very nice genuine staff too!

www.zaharasalonbangkok.com

Tel: 06 1845 2133

Does anyone know if Schwing has closed? I have been calling them for several weeks and there is no answer. They don't seem to have a website, Facebook page or email address and so I have no other way to contact them.

Thank you for any information that you can provide--I'll also post this in a separate thread.

cheers

They haven't closed but moved. Possibly tempirarily closed while in process of moving. Nicky told me they would when last I was there. New location is on Witthayu in a building complex. Forget name unfortunately but going to wittayu from sarasin you turn left and its on left hand side before us embassy buildings.

Likely a notice at old location

When you have the new number please post it here, thanks!

Alas, though Nicky told me the name of the new location (and probably gave me his mobile number) I have forgotten it and lost it respectively.

I do remember driving past it when I left and noting it. I had gone down Sarasin and turned left onto Wittayu and it was on my left not too long after turning . May have been Srindihorn towers but I am not sure. As I recall there was first one building and then the actual one.

I do however find a listing in Line App for Nikki Schwing, just sent a message asking, will let you know if I get a response.

I can tell you it's not The Lounge ( that gets written up to be one of the best in the world . All of these upscale salons with different prices depending if you get senior or junior stylist seems crazy ? If I want someone learning I would go to a barber collage . Was tired of getting bad cuts in Bangkok in this kind of hit and miss game so just went to the Lounge and got junior that was still over 1000 and was one of the worst cuts ever . Paid and left and emailed owner and she wrote back just saying " hope you will give us a try again " ( right [emoji8]

They haven't closed but moved. Possibly tempirarily closed while in process of moving. Nicky told me they would when last I was there. New location is on Witthayu in a building complex. Forget name unfortunately but going to wittayu from sarasin you turn left and its on left hand side before us embassy buildings.

Likely a notice at old location

When you have the new number please post it here, thanks!

Schwing has moved permanently to Maxim House, 112 Witthayu Road, Lumpini.

Tel: 02 252-2022 and 081-833-4585.

It's a few minutes walk from Ploenchit BTS, on the right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi after a good hairdresser in Bangkok that can cut curly hair, not everyone can have been sliced to pieces,, layered and nearly bald at times

Does anyone know of any around, straight hair anyone can cut..

many thanks rosemary

• 3 weeks later...

Hair home on sukhumvit 63 rd about 2km from the ekkamai mrt. Fairly low price but excellent attention to detail a strong english speaker. It's a ladies salon but so good that I see a lot of guys going there too. I think maybe there is a German connection as the magazines were german/thai no english mags but excellent english speaker on hand. She likely owns place is very friendly yet very professional and as you expect all workers are immaculate, including hair. It's on the right hand side coming from mrt. Go past Czech named nightclub past the shopping plaza about 1km down best get a taxi it's a sweaty walk or a 4 minute taxi. It's a small shop but it's been there years so it's doing something right.

• 1 month later...
On July 1, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Sheryl said:

For cuts I always go to Schwing. Maxim house on Witthayu.

Hi Sheryl!  Desperate for a good cut...loving life in Myanmar but hairdressing is :(. Is Schwing reasonably priced?  I need grey coverup (thank you stressful workplace plus toddler!) plus a cut.  

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've been here almost four years and I have yet to find a stylist who hasn't butchered and/or fried my hair to a crisp with low quality color and/or careless application.

I'm guessing there are no educational or licensing requirements for hairdressers in Thailand as there are in developed countries.

I've tried most of the salons recommended in this thread, and, let's just say, they make Super Cuts or Great Clips in the U.S. seem like Vidal Sassoon by comparison.

I finally just gave up and attempted to cut my own hair this last time around. It doesn't look so hot, but at least it's no worse than what I've come to expect from BKK salons, and it was free! 

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would suggest the salon on the ground floor near the parking entrance of the Big C supercenter on Ramkhanhaeng Rd not far from Wat Thepleela

They do both men’s and women’s hair and do excellent work

Can get there by Klong boat, 71 bus or by car

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived