Hello

cheeky727

hello everyonei have been reading this site now for about 1 year and decided to get involved as i may be moving to "buriram"area.

could anyone give me any information on a village called mamang, or a town called praconchai.

thanx in advance

Prakhonchai...is a larger town about 80 Kms ??? from the capital of Buriram (called Muang Buriram) It is surrounded by a lot of smaller towns which are in turn surrounded by a lot of farming villages. I havent been there for a while but at least one board member lives there. There has been a large increase in the amount of farang residents there since I first went there. Once upon a time it was the only place where you could do international banking but there has been an increase in the amount of ATM's for farangs to use around the smaller towns.

I dont know about the nightlife there as there are many karaoke places in the smaller areas now, It is also close to some very old Khmer temples the most notable being Phasat Phnom Rung which is virtually totally restored.

Mamang if it is just a village would be the same as many others in the area...a collection of houses, mostly wooden with some farang or Thai mansions....surrounded by rice fields...would be a few shops to take care of your daily needs and would be located close to a Town where other items and services would be available.

It seems strange that you are asking about this as it leads me to believe that you have never been there, I would have thought a few visits would be in order to see what you feel about the place before making a committment to move there...but as they say....Up to you.... :o

thanks for the replies.

no i havnt been to issan yet, but my wife is from that area and she wants to return to live there.

myself i have one more year to travel to europe then come to thailand for good.

i am not too bothered where i make my base as if i need a change i can always go away for a couple of weeks.

i know from her the sort of place she comes from, i just wanted a little info as to what would be a sensible form of work.

i have played with the idea of buying rice crops(together with my brother in law) and buying and raising cattle for a couple of months before selling on, just to give me something to do.