Udorn Thani: Is There A Direct Bus To Pattaya ?

AsiaWolfie

..... if so, is it a 1st class Bus with comfortable seats ? and when or how often does it depart from Udorn ?

I often travel on a Bus from Non Sa-at to Khon Kaen which I think originates in Udon Thani (or maybe Nong Khai) and goes to Rayong. The service seems to run regularly but is not 1st class, just ordinary air-con bus. I would not wish to travel all the way from Udon to Pattaya on it but if you need to get there then there is a service.

Ask at the bus station in Udon, the one near to the Robinson Department store, there are a number of 'travel agents' offices there.

All,

From Udon to Pattaya the 407 bus company is the only one that offers this service. It is located down the street from Robinson Shopping. 407 is located right out on this street. It has multiple times and some of the buses come out of Nong Kha to Rayong. It is 11 hours or longer with a 20 min break in Korat.

The bus stops in Udon near Rajabat and the main bus station.

In Pattay it departs at the service station office just North of Central on Sukumvit Hy. It arrives in Pattaya and dumps you out on Sukumvit Hy at Central.

Cost is about 400B (forgot).

This bus can be miserable with the smell from the toilet, extra seats added (15 plastic chairs), and the heat of the day. Pick your pleasure of night travel, or hot day time.

If you take another bus and go through the BKK Mochit add about 3 hours on your schedule.

GOOD LUCK,

LLL

threelegcowboy is correct. I have taken this 407 bus and suggest against it. The bus is crap. Seats are smaller as is four seats across instead of three found on most VIP service. Takes 12 hours or more as stops about 20 times between Korat and Pattaya.