Phuket Fears As News Of Another Stabbing Emerges

Enough already with the 'fishy story' stuff stevenl and all of you other sad 'speculators'.

It happened exactly as the man said. How do I know? He's a friend of a friend of mine and I went to see him yesterday to see if he needed anything as obviously it's a bit difficult for him to get around at the moment. His name is not mohamad, it's Ed (possibly short for Edward) the reporter got the wrong information from the hospital and didn't bother to check with the victim. He lives and works in S.E. Asia, hence the tan, he's as English as you can get, highly educated and articulate..

I can also tell you that he was stabbed low down in the muscle on the left side of his back. That's the real story, now give the guy a break!

• Like 1
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ stevenl.

That would have been 2 motorbikes then smile.png Need at least 4 to block the road there, so minimum 2 assailant bikes smile.png

Not sure, I think 2 bikes and 6 guys should do the trick. smile.png

• Like 1

I don't find anything 'fishy' about his story.

This is a real problem for Phuket's tourism sector, people are going to start giving the place a wide berth! My cousin who is 21 years old is arriving in Thailand next month, I have already advised him to avoid Phuket and Pattaya in the same way as I would the southern provinces.

The boys in brown need to sort this out quickly, not just catching the bike gangs responsible for these latest incidents but also sending out a clear deterrent to the others. If the tourist industry suffers then there's less tea money for the BiB =)

good comment the cops need to get cracking ..a balance has to be found if this incident stops just 100 people from coming here it has a ripple effect ..i wouldnt recommend thailand to my aged aunts for a hol .

How...?? If as everybody says the boys in brown control the drug scene ???... I recommend to everybody also who comes to Chiang Mai and then tell me they are going to Phuket to avoid it and change their plans if they can... but there are thousands going there and I think it's the Embassies who have to issue warnings... some Embassies are already doing it and quite well as far as Jet Ski scammers... need to do more though

Enough already with the 'fishy story' stuff stevenl and all of you other sad 'speculators'.

It happened exactly as the man said. How do I know? He's a friend of a friend of mine and I went to see him yesterday to see if he needed anything as obviously it's a bit difficult for him to get around at the moment. His name is not mohamad, it's Ed (possibly short for Edward) the reporter got the wrong information from the hospital and didn't bother to check with the victim. He lives and works in S.E. Asia, hence the tan, he's as English as you can get, highly educated and articulate..

I can also tell you that he was stabbed low down in the muscle on the left side of his back. That's the real story, now give the guy a break!

Stabbed "front on" = Thai guy.

Stabbed in the back = Thai girl.

So, it was his girlfriend. Thanks for the info. Case closed. :) :) :) :)

Actually it would seem Stevenl was spot on if your post is accurate.

the name is wrong, the place of stab wound is wrong

so i guess he was correct when he said it was "fishy",but lets blame the reporter for misunderstandings, after all Mohamad and Ed rime and almost identical, so is the stab wound locationthumbsup.gif

I thought the reports said he was Autralian or did I miss read something ...?? So wrong name and wrong nationality ...??

If he's a friend of yours, why do you not know his first name? Ed, possibly short for Edward? Doesn't sound like a friend.......doesn't even sound like an acquaintance. It turns out his name really IS Mohammed.

Explanation please........if you can.

I find Mohamad's story very strange, seems something fishy about it.

stevenl, you have been very quiet on this thread since the above post, which is unlike you. Several people have asked for your reasoning behind this comment but you have yet to reply. We are waiting with bated breath.

And I answered in post 25. So please keep up with it. You're commenting without even reading, I have posted several times here after that post as well.

BTW, this happened apparently 300 meters from Chalong circle on the road to Rawai. The road is 4 lanes wide there, but they managed to block it with 1 motorbike?

The road has concrete dividers from the circle to just past the 300 metre point. Only two lanes wide.

post-18822-0-38017900-1340468938_thumb.j

Edited by Old Croc

Of course it's Edward Zubair Edwa, that makes more sense now..... thanks for clearing that up.

How well do you know him again?

Sorry, but because he told you what happened does not mean that is what happened. I do believe he was stabbed, no doubt about that, but I also believe there is more to the story than he is telling.

Of course it's Edward Zubair Edwa, that makes more sense now..... thanks for clearing that up.

How well do you know him again?

Well, I guess without a bunch of funny characters speculating on all things from poisonings, to theories on stabbings, we wouldn't have much of a forum.

But it seems a few of you don't understand the expression "friend of a friend".

Really, I think Chainsaw is "fishy".

• Like 1

HI. I am new to this forum so I hope I am on the right thread

Was about to book a trip to Phuket when the story about the Australian lady who was murdered in Phuket has been all over the news. it is terribly sad and makes me angry as well

Thailand has such possibilities but these things will bring it down and really stop tourism if it is not nipped n the bud. I know many people who won't go to Bali, because of the bombings and the way they treat some people. I have always thought Thailand is safer but now not so sure.

On a second question is Phuket more expensive, for shopping eating and renting, than say, Pattaya?

HI. I am new to this forum so I hope I am on the right thread

Was about to book a trip to Phuket when the story about the Australian lady who was murdered in Phuket has been all over the news. it is terribly sad and makes me angry as well

Thailand has such possibilities but these things will bring it down and really stop tourism if it is not nipped n the bud. I know many people who won't go to Bali, because of the bombings and the way they treat some people. I have always thought Thailand is safer but now not so sure.

On a second question is Phuket more expensive, for shopping eating and renting, than say, Pattaya?