Phuket Fears As News Of Another Stabbing Emerges

webfact

Enough already with the 'fishy story' stuff stevenl and all of you other sad 'speculators'.

It happened exactly as the man said. How do I know? He's a friend of a friend of mine and I went to see him yesterday to see if he needed anything as obviously it's a bit difficult for him to get around at the moment. His name is not mohamad, it's Ed (possibly short for Edward) the reporter got the wrong information from the hospital and didn't bother to check with the victim. He lives and works in S.E. Asia, hence the tan, he's as English as you can get, highly educated and articulate..

I can also tell you that he was stabbed low down in the muscle on the left side of his back. That's the real story, now give the guy a break!

• Like 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't find anything 'fishy' about his story.

This is a real problem for Phuket's tourism sector, people are going to start giving the place a wide berth! My cousin who is 21 years old is arriving in Thailand next month, I have already advised him to avoid Phuket and Pattaya in the same way as I would the southern provinces.

The boys in brown need to sort this out quickly, not just catching the bike gangs responsible for these latest incidents but also sending out a clear deterrent to the others. If the tourist industry suffers then there's less tea money for the BiB =)

good comment the cops need to get cracking ..a balance has to be found if this incident stops just 100 people from coming here it has a ripple effect ..i wouldnt recommend thailand to my aged aunts for a hol .

How...?? If as everybody says the boys in brown control the drug scene ???... I recommend to everybody also who comes to Chiang Mai and then tell me they are going to Phuket to avoid it and change their plans if they can... but there are thousands going there and I think it's the Embassies who have to issue warnings... some Embassies are already doing it and quite well as far as Jet Ski scammers... need to do more though

Enough already with the 'fishy story' stuff stevenl and all of you other sad 'speculators'.

It happened exactly as the man said. How do I know? He's a friend of a friend of mine and I went to see him yesterday to see if he needed anything as obviously it's a bit difficult for him to get around at the moment. His name is not mohamad, it's Ed (possibly short for Edward) the reporter got the wrong information from the hospital and didn't bother to check with the victim. He lives and works in S.E. Asia, hence the tan, he's as English as you can get, highly educated and articulate..

I can also tell you that he was stabbed low down in the muscle on the left side of his back. That's the real story, now give the guy a break!

Stabbed "front on" = Thai guy.

Stabbed in the back = Thai girl.

So, it was his girlfriend. Thanks for the info. Case closed. :) :) :) :)

Actually it would seem Stevenl was spot on if your post is accurate.

the name is wrong, the place of stab wound is wrong

so i guess he was correct when he said it was "fishy",but lets blame the reporter for misunderstandings, after all Mohamad and Ed rime and almost identical, so is the stab wound locationthumbsup.gif

I thought the reports said he was Autralian or did I miss read something ...?? So wrong name and wrong nationality ...??

If he's a friend of yours, why do you not know his first name? Ed, possibly short for Edward? Doesn't sound like a friend.......doesn't even sound like an acquaintance. It turns out his name really IS Mohammed.

Explanation please........if you can.

I find Mohamad's story very strange, seems something fishy about it.

stevenl, you have been very quiet on this thread since the above post, which is unlike you. Several people have asked for your reasoning behind this comment but you have yet to reply. We are waiting with bated breath.

And I answered in post 25. So please keep up with it. You're commenting without even reading, I have posted several times here after that post as well.

BTW, this happened apparently 300 meters from Chalong circle on the road to Rawai. The road is 4 lanes wide there, but they managed to block it with 1 motorbike?

The road has concrete dividers from the circle to just past the 300 metre point. Only two lanes wide.

post-18822-0-38017900-1340468938_thumb.j

Edited by Old Croc

Of course it's Edward Zubair Edwa, that makes more sense now..... thanks for clearing that up.

How well do you know him again?

Sorry, but because he told you what happened does not mean that is what happened. I do believe he was stabbed, no doubt about that, but I also believe there is more to the story than he is telling.

Of course it's Edward Zubair Edwa, that makes more sense now..... thanks for clearing that up.

How well do you know him again?

Well, I guess without a bunch of funny characters speculating on all things from poisonings, to theories on stabbings, we wouldn't have much of a forum.

But it seems a few of you don't understand the expression "friend of a friend".

Really, I think Chainsaw is "fishy".

• Like 1

HI. I am new to this forum so I hope I am on the right thread

Was about to book a trip to Phuket when the story about the Australian lady who was murdered in Phuket has been all over the news. it is terribly sad and makes me angry as well

Thailand has such possibilities but these things will bring it down and really stop tourism if it is not nipped n the bud. I know many people who won't go to Bali, because of the bombings and the way they treat some people. I have always thought Thailand is safer but now not so sure.

On a second question is Phuket more expensive, for shopping eating and renting, than say, Pattaya?

Was about to book a trip to Phuket when the story about the Australian lady who was murdered in Phuket has been all over the news. it is terribly sad and makes me angry as well

Thailand has such possibilities but these things will bring it down and really stop tourism if it is not nipped n the bud. I know many people who won't go to Bali, because of the bombings and the way they treat some people. I have always thought Thailand is safer but now not so sure.

On a second question is Phuket more expensive, for shopping eating and renting, than say, Pattaya?

Winnedge, doesn't matter where you are, things like this happen. The key is being smart, as one friend says "keep your head on a swivel".

As far as question #2, Pattaya is definitely cheaper, but you will not have beaches like we do in Phuket. Pattaya is sort of like a larger version of our red-light district here in Phuket, Patong. Waters at the beach there in Pataya dirty, here (like yesterday and today) clear green and clean.

If he's a friend of yours, why do you not know his first name? Ed, possibly short for Edward? Doesn't sound like a friend.......doesn't even sound like an acquaintance. It turns out his name really IS Mohammed.

Read this carefully and with a bit of effort you may be able to get your brain round it... 'friend of a friend'.

My friend asked me if I would go to see Ed as he's staying at a place closer to my house than his.

That was the first time I had met him and he answered to the name Ed when I knocked on his door. Got it now?

I spoke to Ed again last night and he asked me to thank all the well-wishers on the forum and laughed when I told him about the sad speculating fish smellers.

You guys are hilarious! cheesy.gif

Read this carefully and with a bit of effort you may be able to get your brain round it... 'friend of a friend'.

My friend asked me if I would go to see Ed as he's staying at a place closer to my house than his.

That was the first time I had met him and he answered to the name Ed when I knocked on his door. Got it now?

I spoke to Ed again last night and he asked me to thank all the well-wishers on the forum and laughed when I told him about the sad speculating fish smellers.

You guys are hilarious! cheesy.gif

Oh.....alright then.

Though, personally, a "friend of a friend" is not a friend, so, I wouldn't treat what they say as gospel (like you do).

@Shot-love the vid, pretty funny, need to set that to Devo's "Whip It".

@KarenBravo-c'mon man, let it go, "friend of a friend" not really a friend so maybe not to believe what the actual person who was stabbed says? That's getting a bit absurd no?

@Chainsaw, good heart man, checking on the guy to see if he needed help. You might be "fishy" but you're o.k. in GOM's book.

Carry on !

@KarenBravo-c'mon man, let it go, "friend of a friend" not really a friend so maybe not to believe what the actual person who was stabbed says? That's getting a bit absurd no?

@Chainsaw, good heart man, checking on the guy to see if he needed help. You might be "fishy" but you're o.k. in GOM's book.

Carry on !

Thanks GOM.

Just a PS.

At no time did Ed give his name as Mohamad Zubair Edwa, that was another patient in the hospital at the same time!

Mind you our intrepid reporters here on the island aren't best known for their accuracy in reporting are they?

cheesy.gif

Carry on !

Thanks GOM.

Just a PS.

At no time did Ed give his name as Mohamad Zubair Edwa, that was another patient in the hospital at the same time!

Mind you our intrepid reporters here on the island aren't best known for their accuracy in reporting are they?

cheesy.gif

Who cares about the name? No relevancy at all to the story.

Do agree, good of you to visit him.

Edited by stevenl

The worst kind of Thais travel to Phuket and Pattaya to rob foreigners. They are young, on drugs and always drive a bike, looking for victims. This happens every week now. Tourists should start taking this seriously. If they are partying late at night , take a taxi home.

Just avoid the tourist places and most Thais are very nice.

Really? so they do not travel to Bangkok or Chiang Mai? i guess all the shootings, stabbings and muggins in BKK and CM are done by the best kind of Thai's, while the worst kind travels to Phuket and Pattaya?blink.png

Of course they are in the cities too, that was not my point.

A lot of these youngsters have been caught by the police before and in many of the cases they have been travelling to Phuket from other provinces .

Why ? To rob foreigners in the tourist areas.

Edited by balo

Winnedge, doesn't matter where you are, things like this happen. The key is being smart, as one friend says "keep your head on a swivel".

As far as question #2, Pattaya is definitely cheaper, but you will not have beaches like we do in Phuket. Pattaya is sort of like a larger version of our red-light district here in Phuket, Patong. Waters at the beach there in Pataya dirty, here (like yesterday and today) clear green and clean.

I have to disagree with this to a certain degree. Yes, things do happen everywhere, but Phuket has really become more crime infested than other destinations in Thailand, and I would avoid it unless you're just a born risk-taker and enjoy having to keep your head on a swivel the whole time you're on vacation. Three separate headlines concerning violence in Phuket on TV today alone! We're talking real violence here; not just scams (and there are no shortage of those either). Also, yes, the beaches are cleaner than Pattaya's, but Thailand still has plenty of clean & attractive beaches to choose from without having to visit either Phuket OR Pattaya! You don't HAVE to put your life on the line and surrender to the scams & ripoffs & taxi mafia just to find a clean beach in Thailand for Pete's sake. And Phuket will get worse - it's in a spiral descent. I don't think you have to give up on Thailand as a holiday destination (yet...) however; just avoid Phuket.

Carry on !

Thanks GOM.

Just a PS.

cheesy.gif

You still think he's fishy? Maybe I could arrange a meeting and you could tell him personally. Should be good for a chuckle. wink.png

Carry on !

Thanks GOM.

Just a PS.

cheesy.gif

You still think he's fishy? Maybe I could arrange a meeting and you could tell him personally. Should be good for a chuckle. wink.png

I don't think Stevenl ever claimed that the subject of the story was fishy, but the story itself was..... you can make that claim about most stories here though with the level of shoddy reporting.

Carry on !

Thanks GOM.

Just a PS.

cheesy.gif

Yes, I still think the story is fishy. I can change my mind and will if proof/indications otherwise, but I have not seen anything indicating otherwise, except Ed stating what happened.

It looks though like there will be no indications otherwise, unless the crooks who stabbed him are caught.

Come to Samui instead! It's much safer then Phuket and as the only place in Thailand that doesn't have tuk-tuks!

Our taxi mafia and jet-ski mafia will wholeheartedly welcome you and your money on the island. There is that "island charm" where ever you go and even at times of power cuts you can gaze at the stars and moon across the coconut trees and feel it. And you don't need to pack a body bag for your holiday here! Even the motor bike accidents will most likely only hurt you and unless you fall into a really big gap in the road or meet with the run-away concrete truck you will survive that and grow stronger after. Here, they really only murder foreigners who live on the island long time and not the tourists. So, forget Phuket and enjoy Samui!

Edited by notime

Come to Samui instead! It's much safer then Phuket and as the only place in Thailand that doesn't have tuk-tuks!

Our taxi mafia and jet-ski mafia will wholeheartedly welcome you and your money on the island. There is that "island charm" where ever you go and even at times of power cuts you can gaze at the stars and moon across the coconut trees and feel it. And you don't need to pack a body bag for your holiday here! Even the motor bike accidents will most likely only hurt you and unless you fall into a really big gap in the road or meet with the run-away concrete truck you will survive that and grow stronger after. Here, they really only murder foreigners who live on the island long time and not the tourists. So, forget Phuket and enjoy Samui!

"Here, they really only murder foreigners who live on the island long time and not the tourists." - What is the average life expectancy of a foreigner living "on the island a long time?" Just how long, is a "long time" on Samui?

What is the usual mode of murder on Samui? Eg. thrown off balcony, drowning, hanging, poisoning etc.

Thanks GOM.

Just a PS.

cheesy.gif

Yes, I still think the story is fishy. I can change my mind and will if proof/indications otherwise, but I have not seen anything indicating otherwise, except Ed stating what happened.

It looks though like there will be no indications otherwise, unless the crooks who stabbed him are caught.

How would the crooks being caught make this less fishy in your eyes? You think they was claim self defense and then all will seem right to you? Or maybe they well admit they were trying to sell drugs and this guy wouldn't pay what they wanted?

To me, the only thing that seems fishy was your comment.