What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

I arrived there at 12:30pm and there was no power. No lights, no air-conditioning, nothing. The (new) manager gave me their telephone number so I could call them later to find out if they were back to normal. I tried calling the number a few hours later and it was not working. I went around there at about 2:30pm and they were closing up. They said maybe they'll be back in business tomorrow.

Have they paid their electricity bill? What could possibly happen to the electricity that couldn't be fixed on the same day within a few hours?

Here's their landline: 038 399999

Edited by tropo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 Bangkok branches have closed over the last month. There's 6 regional clubs still going. I just wonder if the problem may possibly be that they haven't paid their electricity bill. Their electricity bill surely is huge.

The manager couldn't give me a straight answer.

Edited by tropo

It is well known on this site that they have real financial difficulties, a quick search would have given you the background story

You don't say? We're well aware of the financial difficulties this club is in. A quick search would have shown you that I was a posting in that thread.

• Like 1

It is well known on this site that they have real financial difficulties, a quick search would have given you the background story

You don't say? We're well aware of the financial difficulties this club is in. A quick search would have shown you that I was a posting in that thread.

If it opens again soon, when will it close for a while again, I would be searching for a new place to work out. It is gonna be like the captain of a sinking ship, soon too late to jump ..

Maybe it was the same power failure that affected Swampy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by beano2274

If it opens again soon, when will it close for a while again, I would be searching for a new place to work out.

Thanks for the advice. I will not be searching for a new place to work out until I find out what is going on, and even if I do need a new place to work out at, having lived and trained here for 6 years I'm (painfully) aware of the selection of gyms available.

you sure you will find out what is really going on at CW, I doubt it very much. They have closed down venues and the provisions for those who had long term memberships have been non existant, bet not even a refund has been made to anyone.

you sure you will find out what is really going on at CW, I doubt it very much. They have closed down venues and the provisions for those who had long term memberships have been non existant, bet not even a refund has been made to anyone.

Why would they need to make refunds? Members that trained at clubs that are now closed are offered to exercise at other clubs in the same city.

If the manufaturer of your television,car or motorbike goes broke, do you also expect a refund?

I'll find out exactly what I need to find out at CW. The doors are open - I train, the doors are closed - no training.

Now give me a break with the worst case speculation until we find out tomorrow. They may genuinely just have a problem with their circuit boards. I opened this thread to find out if anyone had more information.

Why would they need to make refunds? Members that trained at clubs that are now closed are offered to exercise at other clubs in the same city.

If the manufaturer of your television,car or motorbike goes broke, do you also expect a refund?

What happens if there is no other CW in your city, or in the local area and you have to go far to get to one. Where I live they were gonna open a CW in a new shopping Mall, but cause of the money problems they were having TRUE Fitness stepped in and took over the lease and the equipment that had already been ordered and in some cases installed at the location.

Edited by beano2274

What happens if there is no other CW in your city, or in the local area and you have to go far to get to one. Where I live they were gonna open a CW in a new shopping Mall, but cause of the money problems they were having TRUE Fitness stepped in and took over the lease and the equipment that had already been ordered and in some cases installed at the location.

In the real world companies go broke you know.How many companies that you know going broke during your life, and I'm sure that must be a huge number , have given you a refund?

In the real world companies go broke you know.How many companies that you know going broke during your life, and I'm sure that must be a huge number , have given you a refund?

Yeah, and gyms are more likely to go broke than most businesses in town. Most people know this going in. You'd have to be pretty naive to expect a refund from a gym which has just gone broke. Most people know that life-memberships are a gamble too.

Yeah, and gyms are more likely to go broke than most businesses in town. Most people know this going in. You'd have to be pretty naive to expect a refund from a gym which has just gone broke. Most people know that life-memberships are a gamble too.

Life memberships mean for the life of the gym, not the life of the member.

• Like 2

ever notice in Hollywood movies phone numbers all start 555 xxxxxx to stop nutters calling numbers they hear on a film....

this being Thailand I am surprised the phone number given out was not 038 555555......................Poot pasah Thai mai Krap? 555

Edited by lonewolf99
  • Like 1

I was there yesterday morning 11am (Friday) and the electricity was out. But only at California, the rest of The Avenue was fine.

I was allowed to go in and decide if I wanted to work out. Thje temperature was cool-ish so I did a few sets, then it became more uncomfortable so I stopped. There were a few other members there. A Thai member said they think there is something wrong with the fuse box but the maintenance guy was on holidays! So it was a matter of wait-and-see.

Hope it re-opens today!

I think we can assume the worst.

The doors are still shut with no notices posted about what is going on. Lots of members are turning up wondering what is going on. Telephone is off. Another member I spoke to had 3 cell numbers of staff - no one answered any of them.

Nice of them to just close up without a word of explanation.

Don't expect any deals at Tony's. He'll be smiling all the way to the bank - membership 7999 per year.

Edited by tropo

I just visited "The Avenue" cw in Pattaya. Closed for a second day. The first day there was a sign saying that is was closed for one day due to electrical problems. Today no sign, just closed grills. I suspect that things are now or soon will be in the hands of a receiver.

I also suspect that cw is one more company that frittered away its "lifetime" membership cash. I am sure all of the execs will golden parachute out.

Just hope it does not filter back to Bangkok and others start closing down.

Sorry for those who go to the place.

I already mentioned that 4 branches in Bangkok have closed down. That's all of them (in Bangkok) isn't it? Two weeks ago they actually bringing in equipment from a Bangkok branch.

Just hope it does not filter back to Bangkok and others start closing down.

Sorry for those who go to the place.

I already mentioned that 4 branches in Bangkok have closed down. That's all of them (in Bangkok) isn't it? Two weeks ago they actually bringing in equipment from a Bangkok branch.

Paragon is still open as far as I know, also I think Silom is still open, not sure about the one at The Avenue on Chaengwattana.