What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

"The landlord has cut our power even though we are protected by court's order."

I saw the same sign. It also went on to say something about them trying to get power restored by Monday afternoon.

That would be nice if it happens!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we can assume the worst.

The doors are still shut with no notices posted about what is going on. Lots of members are turning up wondering what is going on. Telephone is off. Another member I spoke to had 3 cell numbers of staff - no one answered any of them.

Nice of them to just close up without a word of explanation.

Don't expect any deals at Tony's. He'll be smiling all the way to the bank - membership 7999 per year.

Would one expect anything less from a Ponzi scheme. For anyone looking for a gym that will be around for a while, Fairtex is great, but being a legitimate business, one has to pay actual annual memberships. (You see, that's how they pay the staff, the electric and water, and generally maintain the place...get it?)

I saw the same sign. It also went on to say something about them trying to get power restored by Monday afternoon.

The sign is little strange. The landlord is Avenue, but electricity is supplied by electricity company, so if they did not pay the electric, landlord has nothing to do with it, if they have not paid the rent, electric has nothing to do with it.

Just sounds like something else is happening in the background

I think we can assume the worst.

The doors are still shut with no notices posted about what is going on. Lots of members are turning up wondering what is going on. Telephone is off. Another member I spoke to had 3 cell numbers of staff - no one answered any of them.

Nice of them to just close up without a word of explanation.

Don't expect any deals at Tony's. He'll be smiling all the way to the bank - membership 7999 per year.

Would one expect anything less from a Ponzi scheme. For anyone looking for a gym that will be around for a while, Fairtex is great, but being a legitimate business, one has to pay actual annual memberships. (You see, that's how they pay the staff, the electric and water, and generally maintain the place...get it?)

You're wrong.The way they pay staff,maintenance etc is by creating continuous moneyflow from new memberships,either called yearly memberships or lifetime memberships.

After all they are the same since 90% of the people who sign up also give up within the first year,most actually within the first month.

I think it is easier to sell a lifetime membership over an annual one if they cost the same price.

The sign is little strange. The landlord is Avenue, but electricity is supplied by electricity company, so if they did not pay the electric, landlord has nothing to do with it, if they have not paid the rent, electric has nothing to do with it.

How about,the landlord cut of the mains to the Cawow premises because the rent isn't paid?

I think in a building like a shopping center there is a "machine room " where all the cables start and where only the owner of the building has access to while the electric meter is placed on the premises of the tenant.

How about,the landlord cut of the mains to the Cawow premises because the rent isn't paid?

I think in a building like a shopping center there is a "machine room " where all the cables start and where only the owner of the building has access to while the electric meter is placed on the premises of the tenant.

i do not believe they can do that, only the electric company can do that, unless electricity bills were paid direct to the landlord.

If they paid the electric but NOT the rent, landlord has no right to cut the power, because that has been paid. TO have them evicted, they would also need to get a court order, which may take months.

However, being Thailand, i would not be surprised if the landlord did cut off the power,perhaps hoping CW would pay the rent

i do not believe they can do that, only the electric company can do that, unless electricity bills were paid direct to the landlord.

If they paid the electric but NOT the rent, landlord has no right to cut the power, because that has been paid. TO have them evicted, they would also need to get a court order, which may take months.

However, being Thailand, i would not be surprised if the landlord did cut off the power,perhaps hoping CW would pay the rent

The last sentence in your post actually explained my point.

Do you remember that in a post higher up was said that there was a paper on the gate that said. " although we have a court order ".

The last sentence in your post actually explained my point.

Do you remember that in a post higher up was said that there was a paper on the gate that said. " although we have a court order ".

lol, well TIT,

Would not surprise me if everything is back to normal in a few days for a few more days

Hi everybody.

I and my friend Paid 20000 bath 2 days ago... Shoot!!!

Two years we haven't known any problems with caliwow.

I have a life time membership and a gold card for sale for 5000b, you interested?smile.png

So anyone want to buy life time membership for CW? comes with a gold card, open to offers tongue.png

Who's lifetime?

Yours?

its irrelevant whose, what is relevant is that it comes with a gold cardtongue.png

but what makes it so special that you HAVE to go there over anywhere else?

There's nothing even close. To cover all that is special about California Wow over other gyms in Pattaya is beyond the scope of this thread. That would be a long list indeed.

I spent 2 hours training at Fairtex this afternoon - it was positively depressing. I'd been a member of Tony's for 4 years up until 2011. Need I say more?

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

pattaya parent i have a house on pratumnak hill.So a quick ride down the hill swing right go past one set of traffic lights and i am there.Faritex is much further away if you are traveling when it is busy and you have numerous lights to pass

I also live on Pratumnak Hill. It was terrible getting home at 6:30pm after my workout at Fairtex. I wouldn't enjoy doing that trip everyday, especially as Fairtex is woefully inadequate as a gym. You only need 5 people in there before it feels crowded and can you imagine how busy it will get if California Wow does close for good.

Most definitely pattaya parent but i suffered severe sun stroke years ago which put me off doing any hard physical activity in the sunshine.I usually go to the gym around 12-2pm

Maybe you just need to adjust your workout schedule?

What's up with you? You're suggesting that someone who doesn't want to ride from Pratumnak Hill to Fairtex should run to improve their cardio vascular fitness. Are you insane? Running is not healthy for older people even if in a park, but running in Central Pattaya for fitness is insanity.

Now stop being silly and find another thread to keep you occupied.

In the end you got what you paid for.

Not at all - I got much more than I paid for. I got 3 years at the best gym in Pattaya for less than half the cost of a yearly membership anywhere else.

but what makes it so special that you HAVE to go there over anywhere else?

There's nothing even close. To cover all that is special about California Wow over other gyms in Pattaya is beyond the scope of this thread. That would be a long list indeed.

I spent 2 hours training at Fairtex this afternoon - it was positively depressing. I'd been a member of Tony's for 4 years up until 2011. Need I say more?

So true, and so stupid the ones who do not understand this !

Ok I spoke to the manager of the Ave and it appears they have not paid their rent or utilities for sometime and the landlord is simply enforcing their rights - allegedly.

A well know Falang pub in the same centre is also alleged to have done the same and is up for sale for B10 million

The A1 fitness place down on Beach and Soi 3 has great aircon and a reasonable array of machines.

I am not sure if they have a good range of free weights thou.

I was going to go there because I was sick of sweating like a pig in Tonys gym on Third Road.

It really is hot in there.

But in the end didnt get around to.

I was going to go there because I was sick of sweating like a pig in Tonys gym on Third Road.

Which Tony's were you sweating at? The plastic tent (Sports World) or the main gym across from there? I haven't trained at the main gym for a couple of years, but it may not be quite as hot as the plastic tent gym.

Fairtex has reasonably good aircon and it's quiet if you go before 6pm.

Edited by tropo

Which Tony's were you sweating at? The plastic tent (Sports World) or the main gym across from there? I haven't trained at the main gym for a couple of years, but it may not be quite as hot as the plastic tent gym.

Fairtex has reasonably good aircon and it's quiet if you go before 6pm.

I was at the Tonys next to the Muay thai place opposite to were i used to go which had the swimming pool.

Fairtex is a bit out of the way. How much is it for a casual visit and does it have a good weight room?

I was at the Tonys next to the Muay thai place opposite to were i used to go which had the swimming pool.

Fairtex is a bit out of the way. How much is it for a casual visit and does it have a good weight room?

The new 2 level gym with the plastic facade? Sports World. It was the gym we had to "prepare to be amazed" about when he was constructing it in 2010.

The weight room at Fairtex is reasonable. There is some decent equipment in there. One problem I have with it is that it's too small and they only have one of everything - 1 x flat bench, 1 x lat pulldown etc.

They charge 300 baht for a casual session. There's only one way to really find out if you like a gym or not - do a casual session.

Edited by tropo

would change to: There's nothing even close for the price. To cover all that is special about California Wow over other gyms in Pattaya is beyond the scope of this thread. That would be a long list indeed.

Nobody has brought up the Dusit, was a member there for many years, it is the 5 star work place but is really expensive.............. [ie much better than CA Wow, not even close]

The new 2 level gym with the plastic facade? Sports World. It was the gym we had to "prepare to be amazed" about when he was constructing it in 2010.

The weight room at Fairtex is reasonable. There is some decent equipment in there. One problem I have with it is that it's too small and they only have one of everything - 1 x flat bench, 1 x lat pulldown etc.

They charge 300 baht for a casual session. There's only one way to really find out if you like a gym or not - do a casual session.

Yeah that is the Tonys i have been going to. Upstairs is okay but all the good weight stuff is downstairs and it is terribly hot in there.

What goes on across the road where the pool used to be?