What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ca Wow is owned by 24hr fitness in America which is doing just fine. This seems to me this is one of those Thailand specific problems where things suddenly go bad for no apparent reason.

That entire Avanue complex can't seem to keep any tenant besides Starbucks and Mcdonalds who can probably withstand massive losses. If acompany as large as CaWow can't even make it that's a really bad sign.

Edited by OnMyWay2

Sad to announce that Shenanigans at The Avenue has now closed

Hopefully the writing is not on the wall for Villa Market. That would be sad.

Villa is stil quite busy, not a big crowd but always a few shoppers around when I go there

That's good to hear. I normally shop there late and it's always quiet.

I think Ca Wow is owned by 24hr fitness in America which is doing just fine. This seems to me this is one of those Thailand specific problems where things suddenly go bad for no apparent reason.

That entire Avanue complex can't seem to keep any tenant besides Starbucks and Mcdonalds who can probably withstand massive losses. If acompany as large as CaWow can't even make it that's a really bad sign.

We all know the reason why it failed. LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIPS. We enjoyed them while they lasted, but they inevitably will bring any gym down. They banned then in Australia in the early 90's after a gym chain took the money and ran.

We all know the reason why it failed. LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIPS. We enjoyed them while they lasted, but they inevitably will bring any gym down. They banned then in Australia in the early 90's after a gym chain took the money and ran.

Did you just figure this out...I guess the typical Pattayan is just a little slow.

Did you just figure this out...I guess the typical Pattayan is just a little slow.

Obviously not as slow as you.

Did you not read my post? I was referring to lifetime deals going down over 20 years ago.

The reason why I had to bring it up again was because you seemed confused as to why California Wow went down.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Someone is funny here 555+

"I think Ca Wow is owned by 24hr fitness in America which is doing just fine. This seems to me this is one of those Thailand specific problems where things suddenly go bad for no apparent reason. That entire Avanue complex can't seem to keep any tenant besides Starbucks and Mcdonalds who can probably withstand massive losses. If acompany as large as CaWow can't even make it that's a really bad sign.%

100% completely wrong information. The guy comes from Mars maybe :-)

Hey, I'm wondering, where are the Cwow machine now ? Tropo bought them all or is it Tony ? :-)

Not joking, all the machines from all clubs have disappeared ! They must take a lot of space.

Also wondering where California fitness Eric Levine shareholder is now spending his millions ? Did he sell the Phuket house also ?

Someone is funny here 555+

"I think Ca Wow is owned by 24hr fitness in America which is doing just fine. This seems to me this is one of those Thailand specific problems where things suddenly go bad for no apparent reason. That entire Avanue complex can't seem to keep any tenant besides Starbucks and Mcdonalds who can probably withstand massive losses. If acompany as large as CaWow can't even make it that's a really bad sign.%

100% completely wrong information. The guy comes from Mars maybe :-)

Hey, I'm wondering, where are the Cwow machine now ? Tropo bought them all or is it Tony ? :-)

Not joking, all the machines from all clubs have disappeared ! They must take a lot of space.

Also wondering where California fitness Eric Levine shareholder is now spending his millions ? Did he sell the Phuket house also ?

Most likely sold off to cover the debts.

Do you think Eric ran down the business? Whats the difference where he is or what he is doing? It was a public co with shareholders.

Of course the machine must be sold, but someone buying hundreds machines must have some plans or a very big house :-)

And just curious about the ex-owner, I guess he escaped far from Thailand ?

If he let his dark model girlfriend behind I am also interested :-)

Of course the machine must be sold, but someone buying hundreds machines must have some plans or a very big house :-)

And just curious about the ex-owner, I guess he escaped far from Thailand ?

If he let his dark model girlfriend behind I am also interested :-)

why would be escape from Thailand? again he was a CEO and a shareholder in a public company.

Life time membership is more like until we go Bankrupt membership in thailand!

Life time membership is more like until we go Bankrupt membership in thailand!

In all fairness it is not our lifetime but the gym life time, so if the gym close after 6 months, it is the lifetime of that gym :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just heard from a friend who lives in the South Pattaya area. He says the hotel nearby is opening a new gym and it is being fitted out now. It's located in the PRS Hotel. I have never heard of it, nor do i know exactly where or what they gym is like but my friend said that it seems to be going in the right direction, even if it is not fully fitted yet.

Thought I'd just mention it in case anyone wants to google the location and check it out.

Hello,

Do you have any info about this PRS hotel gym ?

Is it really good and how much for each visit ?

Thank you.

mmmmmmsad.png I was hoping the last post would confirm a rumor that Fitness First was going to move in the vacant CA WOW. A couple people over a week ago saw the gate of CA Wow open and one fellow said someone from BKK was looking at it for a fitness franchise to move in. I think the former members of CA WOW and those who are into fitness know a decent gym (though membership would most likely be annual and around the 20,000 baht figure) would do well in this city.

• Like 1