Rooibos Tea

johnbutt

Rooibos tea is South African, and comes from a bush which grows in the Karoo, it may be packed in NZ...

Being South African myself and aware of the fact I stated "According to the barcode ...... ".

I bought it at Tops. Healtheries Rooibos / Red Bush Tea. According to the barcode it's a product of New Zealand.

Rooibos tea is South African, and comes from a bush which grows in the Karoo, it may be packed in NZ...

Also availible from www.vjoteahouse.com in Thailand

Thanks, does this place do mail order? It's not clear from the website.

Being South African myself and aware of the fact I stated "According to the barcode ...... ".

Where you from ?

I bought it at Tops. Healtheries Rooibos / Red Bush Tea. According to the barcode it's a product of New Zealand.

Also availible from www.vjoteahouse.com in Thailand

Thanks, does this place do mail order? It's not clear from the website.

That I am not sure as a friend buys it for me in Chang Mai from the shop...send them an email and ask

Re the answers above:

--There are all kinds and varieties of different Tops markets in BKK and Thailand, and what they do and don't stock varies considerably by location. I've never noticed rooibus tea at my local Tops stores around BKK... Where exactly did the poster above find it at Tops?

--I have seen boxes of rooibus tea at the Villa Market at Suk Soi 2 in the basement of the Ploenchit Center ... I'm not sure if the same product is stocked at Villa's other locations. See the accompanying photo:

post-58284-0-39270200-1341395159_thumb.j

• Like 2

Silom Complex and all of its stores closed in Feb. for remodeling, and remain closed at present AFAIK...

Due to reopen sometime later this year.

Central Department Store Co will spend 250 million baht to give its Silom Complex branch a facelift in 2012.

An artist’s rendering of the renovated Central Silom Complex. The branch will focus on fashion items suitable for office workers and target groups in the area, as well as Central’sownbrands.

President Yuwadee Chirathivat said the budget will be used to renovate the Central Department Store and Tops Supermarket at the Silom Complex branch, which has been closed since Saturday.

Re the answers above:

--There are all kinds and varieties of different Tops markets in BKK and Thailand, and what they do and don't stock varies considerably by location. I've never noticed rooibus tea at my local Tops stores around BKK... Where exactly did the poster above find it at Tops?

--I have seen boxes of rooibus tea at the Villa Market at Suk Soi 2 in the basement of the Ploenchit Center ... I'm not sure if the same product is stocked at Villa's other locations. See the accompanying photo:

]

Thanks for this info. Just arived in Thailand for a month's holiday with two boxes of tetley Rooibos in my suitcase. When I return to BKK I will check out Ploenchit Centre...stock up for future visits if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the same boxes/brand of rooibus tea on the shelf today at the Villa market on Sukhumvit Soi 11 as well, fyi.

• Like 1

I saw the same boxes/brand of rooibus tea on the shelf today at the Villa market on Sukhumvit Soi 11 as well, fyi.

Thanks mate, tha's even closer.