Vietnamese Food

Meisgq

I lived near a vietnamese area in the USA and the food was amazing. I have never had anything close to it here either. In fact, normally, the Thais totally mess up Vietnamese food.

Which Vietnamese restaurants have you tried here? Just so we know which to avoid.

Expecting Thai's to prepare Americanized Vietnamese cuisine may be unreasonable? ( In my small town in the U.S. we welcomed a Vietnamese family as emigrants back in 1975; they quickly opened a restuarant, which is still going strong, so I have been enjoying Americanized Vietnamese food for well over 30 years. )

I should not have talked so bad about Thai Vietnamese restaurants, as I have never been to one is the truth. I have ordered vietnamese dishes in Thai places though - I was especially trying to find good spring rolls here for about a year and finally gave up. So, the truth is, I dont have any real restaurants to rule out. I just know Thais have no idea how to make a good vietnamese style spring roll. The first little joint I went to in Laos had outstanding ones however. I am kinda assuming Thai spring rolls are an attempt to imitate Vietnamese spring rolls, and if that assumption is correct, they are certainly not doing a good job.

Edited by isawasnake