Western Cooking School

erg

Yes there are a lot of Thai cooking schools in CR. and thats nice for the tourists and other interested, like retired bargirls who have to cook for their new husbands etc.

But a school were thai can learn about the secrets of the western kitchen wouldt be very helpfull for many restaurants i guess. There are not enough western cooks in CR, and the ones qualified are offcourse expensive.

Therefour if anyone knows about this i would be interested.

Maybe its an idea to start one??

Yes there are a lot of Thai cooking schools in CR. and thats nice for the tourists and other interested, like retired bargirls who have to cook for their new husbands etc.

But a school were thai can learn about the secrets of the western kitchen wouldt be very helpfull for many restaurants i guess. There are not enough western cooks in CR, and the ones qualified are offcourse expensive.

:o Is someone trying to turn a bar into a restaurant?

:D Homealone

:o Is someone trying to turn a bar into a restaurant?

:D Homealone

Or is he, in covert terms, meaning the opposite?

No, certainly not: I know that Erg has a philantropic disposition. His background thought might be that this could be a very adequate way to put fallen women straight upp on their legs again.

He deserves out greatest respect and admiration!

Dear Erg, I am sure your your initiative would be classifying for financial support of one of the organisations within the international developmental aid industry. If you would guarantee that you would only process fish on Fridays you even could tap the Catholic sources.

In your posting you only mention retired bargirls, but I think you should aim higher: The experience learns us that many fallen women would like to find a foreign husband. A cooking course 'Western Food' would enhance their chances. Because, as an old Dutch saying tells us: The love of a (only western?) man passes through his stomach!

I think I speak in the name of many members of our forum when I wish you good luck!

Maybe a little bit more to the point (thank you Potty :D ): The experience learns us that western restaurants in Chiang Rai sometimes are used by Thai cooks as schools. They work for some months in a western restaurant, learning the essential 'finesses' of the western cuisine, and disappear to Pattaya or Phuket.

Limbo.

A great idea Ergwho! Thanks!

I think you and our good old friend Aussie W. should talk about it.

You know that Wa... is great in organizing things. You remember his Christmas Event, when he invited all the kids of his village to join the festivities? Where they all were singing and dancing, playing games and winning prices and had the greatest fun? And his and Aussie Pineapple's food?

Wouldn't it be great to organize a western food event, where all the partners of Way..'s friends would be cooking and their husbands and some selected friends (among we of course) would enjoy the results?

And where Dutch A. (the European Master Chef, who politely turned down the indecent proposal of the Wiang Inn Hotel to walk through their kitchen once in a while for a ridiculous 30.000 Baht a month) would be the jury?

An event like this would teach us how to do.

Limbo.

I can't help you with the western cooking stuff, Erg, I wish I could.

I had no idea there were many thai cooking scholls in CR! I've never seen any ads, bar one.

I'm looking for a serious, kind of non touristy way of - I have no GF, you see - learning how to cook Thai food. Can anyone suggest some course of action?

I'm looking for a serious, kind of non touristy way of - I have no GF, you see - learning how to cook Thai food. Can anyone suggest some course of action?

I'd imagine that by simply talking to the owner of a Thai restaurant you like, some sort of arrangement can be made to teach you how to cook some basic Thai dishes. It ain't rocket science :o

For some great, and easy, Thai recipes, check out http://asiarecipe.com/thailand.html

No, certainly not: I know that Erg has a philantropic disposition. His background thought might be that this could be a very adequate way to put fallen women straight upp on their legs again.

Good idea, but there should be an age requirement to keep the less-morally-upstanding amongst us happy.

No lady under 28 should be allowed to learn to cook under any circumstances! :o

I don't find this funny at all...

Do you mean to say, you'd rather disadvantaged young upcountry women didn't learn cooking or anything else, so their only choice remains to 'service' "less-morally-upstanding" (s)expats like yourself?

I don't think that's particularly amusing either!

Girls of all ages need know the 'arts' whether they be cooking , cleaning or.... :o

I don't find this funny at all...

Do you mean to say, you'd rather disadvantaged young upcountry women didn't learn cooking or anything else, so their only choice remains to 'service' "less-morally-upstanding" (s)expats like yourself?

:o Do you ever get tired of sticking your foot in your mouth!!

I think a large group of us would say we are tired of it. :D