Wat A Place

draggons

Does anyone have photo's of Wat Khiriwong which is on a mountain over looking NakornSawan ?

I have never been up to it but have seen it from a distance many times.

<snip>

Hi Ron19,

Then you really should go up there, by car thumbsup.gif or bike w00t.gif

The way in from the main road

large.jpg

A small road, however it does take you all the way to the top as you will see.

large.jpg

As you go down this road on your left there is:-

large.jpg

Snaking up the hill

large.jpg

and passing, if I remember this small temple

large.jpg

and then to the Car Park area which is on my left. You cannot see it, but wait you will later in this show

large.jpg

So once on top, what to do, go up the path and stairs until you get to the very top

Four Pano View from the top taken in 2005

North View ?

large.jpg

East View?

large.jpg

South View ?

large.jpg

and last the Car Park West view

large.jpg

Then inside the Chedi on top

large.jpg

So if you remember the Car Park photo take a little walk up from there and you will find this place

large.jpg

and

large.jpg

Sawadee Khrup wai.gif

Win

P.S. Original Large photos Kan be found in the below link

http://www.pbase.com...centralthailand

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou very much for posting these.They are exactly what I have been looking for and make me more determined to go there next time we pass through Nakornsawan.We don't go down to Bangkok very often now but will be certain to call in next time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here some pics from the temple in Dan Sai.

Probably the most beautiful temple I have seen i Thailand.

You can find Dan Sai west of Loei and west of Phu Ruea on the road to Phitsanaluk.

But it is not on the main road 203, you have to make a little detour.

That is why I add the map as pic no 7.

post-29230-0-41608600-1350906973_thumb.j post-29230-0-92194500-1350906981_thumb.j post-29230-0-64080000-1350906988_thumb.j

post-29230-0-79134200-1350906994_thumb.j post-29230-0-92509500-1350907004_thumb.j post-29230-0-97281400-1350907013_thumb.j

post-29230-0-02878400-1350907020_thumb.j

smile.pngblink.pngcool.png

• 2 weeks later...

Great photos and info by all.

I would like to take you all back to Kanchanaburi (Kan for short btw) to the really Tiger Temple up on the mountain, just outside of this town going back to Bangkok. Hang a right at the small traffic light to going out of town to "Tha Muang", then at the Clock Tower roundabout take the right and follow the road along the small klong (canal) until you reach the Mae Klong Dam.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Approximately 14 kms. south of the town, plays a vital role in the development of Mae Klong River Plain covering 3 million rais of Suphanburi, Kanchanaburi, Ratchburi, Nakhon Phathom, Samut Songkram and Samut Sakorn. Scenic Landscape above the dam is wonderful.

Then just go on and follow the signs to Wat Tum Suea (spelling??) but you really Kan not miss it

large.jpg

Once your are there, then the fun starts

large.jpg

Are you going to walk all the way up?

Me, no I just use the back Car Park near the top on the right hand side IF the gates are open?

large.jpg

Just a few steps up and I am there and the view from there is ............................................... You tell me (Pano photos)

From South to North

large.jpg

and North to near South ?

large.jpg

and the rest Kan be found on the link below and many more as well

http://www.pbase.com/win13/temples

Win wai.gif

P.S. One thing about temples in Thailand is the location near or around views that I have posted. Please help me find more Pano views thumbsup.gif

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

totally over cooked, but i think its cool anyways

Chinese Temple Chaloklum

Yes, you really fried that one! biggrin.png

It's interesting that after I tweak some photos, they are not always the same when I transfer them to the forum here...

oh see you posted a pic of Vientiane, better be careful ... that's not Thailand is it..?.tongue.pngw00t.gif

Archived