Wat A Place

draggons

On 8/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Ouch !!

How much for a tattoo like on the back of the miss ; the big one or the circle one ?

In France , 15 y ago it was 50 euros for one hour ;

I think in Thailand it's the same price, maybe more ..

( 50 euros = 1,700 baht )

How much for a tattoo like on the back of the miss ; the big one or the circle one ?

In France , 15 y ago it was 50 euros for one hour ;
I think in Thailand it's the same price, maybe more ..
( 50 euros = 1,700 baht )

3,000 baht !! For the circle.
Very expensive I think .

I got one in Pattaya a couple of years ago, a black rose about the same size for the same price ( cover up of the ex’s name ) done with bamboo.
I expected to pay over the odds ( farang, in Pattaya, asked specifically for bamboo ) so I was surprised that she paid so much.
Also it’s a temple so I was expecting a lower price even though it is basically a regular tattoo parlour.

While I was waiting I realised that people were coming to get a tattoo then get it blessed by the head monk , so a premium price I suppose.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And here's temple number three.

On a relative short distance to each other three (extensions of) temples are being build. I was told that constructing a temple takes at least 10 years. A shorter period is not possible. Don't ask me why. Maybe someone can explain.

In this temple being build last weekend a Buddha image was placed inside the temple. A group of fairly well to do Thai coming from Sukhothai donated 1,4 million baht for construction of the roof. It may take (at least) another five years before the building is finished.

All three temples are located between Nangrong and Lamplaimat (near Chamni)

DSC_9156.JPG

• Confused 1