Foreign Affairs Launches E-passport Scheme In Surin

Jai Dee

FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTRY LAUNCHED ITS FIRST E-PASSPORT SCHEME AT SURIN

The head of the Passport Division under the Foreign Affairs Ministry, Mr. JAKKRIT KANCHANASOON (จักรกฤษณ์ กาญจนศูนย์), said that a mobile team from the ministry will provide e-passport services in distant areas of Thailand. However, he said the consideration will be made upon the public demands in different provinces.

He said the main purpose of such scheme is to facilitate the locals who resided far away from the capital. Thus, they do not have to travel to Bangkok or to certain provinces with passport offices.

Surin (สุรินทร์) will be the first province to receive the services from the mobile team during January 10th to 13th at Surin Vocational College. Currently, over 500 people have registered their names with the Foreign Affairs Ministry for this service.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 10 January 2006

FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTRY LAUNCHED ITS FIRST E-PASSPORT SCHEME AT SURIN

The head of the Passport Division under the Foreign Affairs Ministry, Mr. JAKKRIT KANCHANASOON (จักรกฤษณ์ กาญจนศูนย์), said that a mobile team from the ministry will provide e-passport services in distant areas of Thailand. However, he said the consideration will be made upon the public demands in different provinces.

He said the main purpose of such scheme is to facilitate the locals who resided far away from the capital. Thus, they do not have to travel to Bangkok or to certain provinces with passport offices.

Surin (สุรินทร์) will be the first province to receive the services from the mobile team during January 10th to 13th at Surin Vocational College. Currently, over 500 people have registered their names with the Foreign Affairs Ministry for this service.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 10 January 2006

Is it possible to ascertain if and when this facility may go to other areas via any particular web site.

Udon is the most convenient for my family.

Thanks in advance.

marshbags :o:D:D

Is it possible to ascertain if and when this facility may go to other areas via any particular web site.

As the news article said, Surin is the first province to receive this mobile E-Passport service. If proven successful, no doubt there will be others.

I'll keep an eye out for you in the Thai News bulletins.

As the news article said, Surin is the first province to receive this mobile E-Passport service. If proven successful, no doubt there will be others.

I'll keep an eye out for you in the Thai News bulletins.

Thanks Jai Dee. :o

My wife was told by the locals that they visit Udon from K. Khen when she mentioned your post to them.

It must be a different facility, because my Thai is limited i couldn,t get any further info from them but like your post says, it cannot be E-Passport service

I appreciate your feed back and thank you again.

marshbags :D:D:D

It must be a different facility, because my Thai is limited i couldn,t get any further info from them but like your post says, it cannot be E-Passport service

Thailand only issues e-passports now.

There are no non-electronic books being issued. The mobile service is for e-passports