BANGKOK 22 April 2019 12:07
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Indonesians Nabbed With Bt2mn Stolen From Phuket Policeman

Commander Chonasit urged all people in Phuket to be wary of such thieves.

Is he talking about the Indonesians or the police officer.

• Like 1

10,000 times a' 200 baht for not wearing a helmet. Incredible cops.....thumbsup.gif

Sent via my crappy Chinese tablet

Edited by sirchai

Now that was a quick investigation, if only all investigations had as much professionalism and speed applied to them, then there may be less crime. Sorry, my bad, less crime means less tea money, silly me.

Seems to be lots of cops/guards with large sums of money being stolen lately. We've got the prison security guard being shot and having 3 million baht stolen, now this bib cashing a check for 2 million cash. Why would these people being carrying cash if it wasn't for a payoff of some sort where electronic wires and money transfers would raise a flag?

Surely if two of Phuket's finest were doing things legal and above board, they would simply be doing the banking/money transfers safely and electronically.

mmhh 2.000.000 in cash form a cheque, so where did it come from ? his percentage in some deals... his paycheck ???

The 2M was probably the takings of the day generated from the traffic cops under his command. 2Million is nothing for a Thai cop "Chump Change"

Knowing how much a policeman is paid in this country

I don't know, how much do policemen make in Thailand? Can you list any regional difference? And diffference by rank or year of service?

Answer: Between 7,200 for a freshman up to 25,000 plus the following suppliments a) location 3,000 B) accomodation 3,000 c) rank bonus 3,000

so it could be as high as 34,000 Baht per month !!!

OH SORRY I FORGOT THE OTHER BONUS: money stolen from the people: MILLIONS and MILLIONS

• Like 1

What a dumb cop. Cash a 2 million cheque and then make sure people can see you do it and then leave it in a truck with the engine running. Must have an IQ of about 50.

Knowing how much a policeman is paid in this country

I don't know, how much do policemen make in Thailand? Can you list any regional difference? And diffference by rank or year of service?

well , when a policeman is well paid he doesnt have need tea money .... according to some police friends here they start at 8,000 a month ..but need to buy their uniform and gun.

laurentbkk has given me the clue which allows me to triumpahntly state that I know what the money was to be spent on!

The 2 million was to buy himself a uniform and gun befitting his rank. The uniform would be hand tailored by Dior or Boss perhaps someone Italian. The gun would be something large. Afterall, the bigger the man, the bigger the gun. So probably something in the 120mm range and tank mounted due to its wieght?

A Thai traffic cop driving an M1 Abrahams dressed like a Hungarian Admiral, only in brown... w00t.gif

Now to figure out where the cash came from... tricky one that.

Edited by Narratio

WOW had it been a farangs 2 million it would have never been found!

agree 100% !!! i never have any help from Thai Police (except for them filling out some form)! its almost impossible to get a PoliceMan to come outside to help you do or solve something.

also:

All four have been charged with committing theft with the use of a motorbike.

??? you mean that there is a specific law or punishment if theft is committed with the use of a motorbike? is it different to committing theft without a motorbike? !!!

finally: yes. something fishy about why the policeman had 2million baht,, - and also why anyone would leave it in an open running truck? and how on earth these guys knew to target him? seems that everybody was 'in the know' about something. perhaps a plan gone wrong?

Edited by easybullet3
  • Like 1

What a dumb cop. Cash a 2 million cheque and then make sure people can see you do it and then leave it in a truck with the engine running. Must have an IQ of about 50.

When have you ever run into a coffee shop or 7/11 and left a 20 Baht note in the car?

its all a matter of scale you might ave a million in the bank he might have a billion so the 2 m represents pocket money.

Taksin got billions being a crooked cop.