Phuket Prison Officer Shot And Robbed Of Bt 3mn

webfact

Phuket prison officer shot and robbed of Bt 3mn

Phuket Gazette

po.jpeg

At the scene, police found a bullet hole in the driver's side window and blood stains on the driver's seat.

PHUKET: -- A Phuket prison officer was shot and robbed of 3 million baht in cash near Wat Chalong last night, in what police believe was a sweet business deal gone sour.

At about 8:30pm Chalong Police received a report from a concerned local resident about the shooting at Luang Poh-Cham Road, who explained that despite injuries sustained the victim had driven his vehicle to a relative’s house a short distance away.

Superintendent Col Sirisak Warasiri led police officers to the relative’s house in Soi Guan Yu Shrine in Chalong.

At the scene, police officers found a black Toyota Vigo pickup truck belonging to the victim, Mr Darunun Teepapan, a 41-year-old correctional officer at Phuket Provincial Prison.

Mr Darunun was not at the house when police arrived, as the same resident who reported the incident had taken him to Phuket International Hospital for treatment to his neck and shoulder.

An examination of the vehicle revealed a bullet hole in the driver's side window and blood stains on the driver's seat.

Col Sirisak interviewed Mr Darunun at the hospital.

“Having spoken to Mr Darunun, I’m under the impression that the cause of this incident was a business conflict. Both men invested in the same construction project, but unfortunately couldn’t agree on how to divide the profits. So, his partner decided to shoot him and take all the money,” explained Col Sirisak.

“We already know who the suspect is and where he lives. We’ll arrest him as soon as possible,” he added.

Mr Darunun was last reported to be in stable condition.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16286.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-06-28

So, a policeman with 2 millions , a prison officer with 3 millions ..... I should apply to be civil servant in Phuket ..apparently its quite ..rewarded ... I feel sorry for that crime but another FISHY story coming up ... sounds a daily dish .

Maybe the two are connected?

Sounds an AMAZING place does Phuket, the streets must be paved with gold with all the civil servants, cops etc earning this kind of dosh , I think i may settle there and buy some land, there seems to be a lot of it being sold recently.

What a bloody farce , they catch 4 guys heading for Malaysia straight away after some super fast detection work and yet they know who this bad boy is and have yet to apprehend him , after he shot some one ( admittedly not directly a cop ).

AMAZING !!!

• Like 1

Is there corruption in amazing Thailand

Miracle year amazingThailand

Thanks for that.

Didn't realise that I am now in the Miracle Year of Amazing Thailand.

http://www.tatnews.o...eases&Itemid=87

Can't say I was amazed by the Amazing Thailand episode.

Maybe the odd divine miracle might help.

In the meantime I'll carry on breathing.

The only people amazed by Thailand are those who have not lived here for a few years.

But a miracle? WOW, now THAT would amaze me.

How about repealing that stupid law against buying a bottle of beer between 14:00 and 17:00 for a starter? Like just a small, tiny, weeny miracle to get the Big Miracle thing going???

Edited by 12DrinkMore
  • Like 2

Must agree with the above. Phuket is THE place to be for all the newly rich and infamous.

But there does seem to be a little gamesmanship here. A police officer for 2 million, a corrections officer for 3 million. Hmmm.... Seems to me that the next crime should be a government prosecutor or maybe a judge for between 5 and 8 million.

Q - I wonder if I can place a bet on that?

A - No! Gambling is illegal in Thailand.

“We already know who the suspect is and where he lives. We’ll arrest him as soon as possible,”

hahaha!!!

so,, lets give him time to run away first! lets tell the news and reporters that we will be coming to arrest him shortly. lets close our eyes and count to 10!

is that how they caught the guys who stole the other policemans 2million baht on a motorbike?