Farang Bar In Khon Kaen

voodoomagicman

it is 30 thb for what they call a large draft, which is about 325 ml. Small bottles of Leo are 55 THB. I did a few and went back to the 4 large bottles for 200 at the Thai place, which unfortunately was lacking in the female department, except for the stunningly beautiful Leo Girl. I'm not sure if I'm old and grumpy enough for a full night at No. 1 bar. I did pop my head into Harem and they are charging 129 FOR A SMALL LEO. Thank you Chinese businessmen.

Harem some nice eye candy in therewink.png hah draft Leo now i get you, still not a bad deal, have you tried Tawan Dang yet? I enjoy going there and also Top West i like too.

Anyway offers there for monday night cheers. nev

Where is the new Dawan Daeng? Only been to the old one.
Well to confuse you even more...the old one is now the new one(REFURB). biggrin.png which is opposite big C .....The other one is in the centre of town if going under the arch at central carry on past the temple roundabout over two cross junctions which have lights and then turn left if you go at night just ask for directions in that area and you should end up in Kalasin tongue.png
Ok I am confused. So go past 2 traffic lights. That would be turning left at Siam Commercial Bank, just after my dentist and Kiang supermarket? Lang Muang?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is 30 thb for what they call a large draft, which is about 325 ml. Small bottles of Leo are 55 THB. I did a few and went back to the 4 large bottles for 200 at the Thai place, which unfortunately was lacking in the female department, except for the stunningly beautiful Leo Girl. I'm not sure if I'm old and grumpy enough for a full night at No. 1 bar. I did pop my head into Harem and they are charging 129 FOR A SMALL LEO. Thank you Chinese businessmen.

Harem some nice eye candy in therewink.png hah draft Leo now i get you, still not a bad deal, have you tried Tawan Dang yet? I enjoy going there and also Top West i like too.

Well to confuse you even more...the old one is now the new one(REFURB). biggrin.png which is opposite big C .....The other one is in the centre of town if going under the arch at central carry on past the temple roundabout over two cross junctions which have lights and then turn left if you go at night just ask for directions in that area and you should end up in Kalasin tongue.png

Opposite to Big C?

One the other side of the highway?

I love the merchants of doom on this forum. I am a regular visitor to Khon Kaen and love the place. To my knowledge all of the farang bars make money. It may be a struggle for some, but I know of one that is reportedly making 100,000 baht profit a month. I am guessing the guys who slag Khon Kaen, have only spent a couple of nights there and don't know the place.

100k per Month hahahahahahahahahaha come on mr kk guru tell us where is this gold mine ??? I have lived here for 5 years and seen bars and restaurants come and go farang and thai, some like erics and leos are still there but the owners change like underwear. The best farang restaurant in town is for sale started at 3 mil down to 600k and still cant find a buyer.Most of the owners come and buy then wait till their money runs out trying to keep it open then find another fool to buy it (theres gold in them rice fields in khon kaen). Udon or nong khai might have better luck I dont go there much. Neversure you are right it is damn hot here most of the time,and basically khon kaen is pretty boring for most, thats why you dont have many long term expats living here or a market for them.

• Like 1

khon kaen is pretty boring for most, thats why you dont have many long term expats living here or a market for them.

People ask me: Why do I live in Khon Kaen, it's so boring. I answer: I like living in Khon Kaen because it's boring. If you want to live here, making it non-boring is up-to-you.

• Like 1

Let me clarify in case of a misunderstanding, most westerners who come to the northeast cant make it here due to the reasons they came to thailand, This isnt pattaya,phuket or chang mai etc.. Personally I enjoy a quiet and laid back lifestyle. Although it was much better before central plaza and the building boom we have experienced the last 3 years causing traffic to get so bad. One more off to college and we will prob go farther east around roi-et/kuchinarai.

• Like 1

I would presume you mention the Kalasin/Roit Et area as that is where your wife's family is from. Mine is from Khon Kaen itself so what's a fellow to do? I just avoid the heavy traffic areas and go out early. Why, the Thai folks ask, are you up so early? I say no roadblocks because the police are still asleep.

The refurbished one is called sang chan,, i have a 20% discount card which comes in very handytongue.png

No -- go left at the next one is Rob Muang with a car repair station on the NW corner with a jog in the road so you can't see it from Sri Chan.

OK, I know where you are - I remember seeing them building a nite club there.

Sorry, wasn't there for years. Is the Italian with his delicious food still around? Was near a big hotel......coffee1.gif

Yes it is on the road at the side of the Pullman called Pomodoro and the food is still good.

I heard good things about Pomodoro.

Best Pizza in KK

100k per Month hahahahahahahahahaha come on mr kk guru tell us where is this gold mine ??? I have lived here for 5 years and seen bars and restaurants come and go farang and thai, some like erics and leos are still there but the owners change like underwear. The best farang restaurant in town is for sale started at 3 mil down to 600k and still cant find a buyer.Most of the owners come and buy then wait till their money runs out trying to keep it open then find another fool to buy it (theres gold in them rice fields in khon kaen). Udon or nong khai might have better luck I dont go there much. Neversure you are right it is damn hot here most of the time,and basically khon kaen is pretty boring for most, thats why you dont have many long term expats living here or a market for them.

Absolutely agree, from someone who won't go back

Sorry, wasn't there for years. Is the Italian with his delicious food still around? Was near a big hotel......coffee1.gif

Yes it is on the road at the side of the Pullman called Pomodoro and the food is still good.

I heard good things about Pomodoro.

Best Pizza in KK

Yes it's brill

I'm not sure where you got the idea that Leo's changes owners on a regular basis. I've been around KK for 13 years and remember the place opening.The first guy sold out to Duncan who has been there for several years and is the longest serving bar owner in the city.

As for being boring I also disagree. There is plenty to do. However it is not Pattaya or Phuket which for most of us is a blessing.

Is the Blues Bar still owned by 2 ferangs one from Liverpool and one from scotland, I went to KK for two days and thought it was ok, but not much nightlife or girls, maybe i didnt go to the right bars?

Is the Blues Bar still owned by 2 ferangs one from Liverpool and one from scotland, I went to KK for two days and thought it was ok, but not much nightlife or girls, maybe i didnt go to the right bars?

I'm not a bar fly so I can't really answer that. As regards nightlife and girls it's not that sort of place.

To be honest it was a lot nicer ten years ago before the current rash of farang bars sprung up between the Kosa and Pullman hotels.

There is a nice expat crowd in the city but you won't find them in that area.

There is also a local website with a forum but it seems to be nothing more than a few US and Aussie expats who slag each other off.

If you are looking for a bit of excitement Khon Kaen is certainly not the place to go.

Yes Blues is still run by Dave and Mark. There are plenty of women if you know where to look but there are not much in the farang bars to be honest.

I'm not a bar fly so I can't really answer that. As regards nightlife and girls it's not that sort of place.

To be honest it was a lot nicer ten years ago before the current rash of farang bars sprung up between the Kosa and Pullman hotels.

There is a nice expat crowd in the city but you won't find them in that area.

There is also a local website with a forum but it seems to be nothing more than a few US and Aussie expats who slag each other off.

If you are looking for a bit of excitement Khon Kaen is certainly not the place to go.

Blue's Bar still there.

First time one walks in you will very soon find out that the word Blue, in Blues Bar, is referring to the colour blue.

Not really as many ladies in these bars as mentioned.

A few cheap charlie customers playing pool, while zipping to their extremely dilluted (with ice) beer.

Nice layout, with some pool tables.

Can sit by the bar, or tables.

Music is basically techno music as long as none of the owners are there.

TheThai style where the music is played for the staff (screw the paying customers).

I was utterly disapointment, but im only one customer.

As for the website (other forum name removed), indeed there are some old dogs highjacking each and every thread, and turn it into a battleground.

Edited by metisdead

Yes Blues is still run by Dave and Mark. There are plenty of women if you know where to look but there are not much in the farang bars to be honest.

I take it that means there is a soi soarng-loi baht in KK, just like UR! Of course inflation has taken its toll but the name remains.

khon kaen is pretty boring for most, thats why you dont have many long term expats living here or a market for them.

People ask me: Why do I live in Khon Kaen, it's so boring. I answer: I like living in Khon Kaen because it's boring. If you want to live here, making it non-boring is up-to-you.

Khon Kaen isn't boring. I'm here now and the place is as happening as anywhere else - the bars are full of customers, I really don't see the difference between here and say Chiang Mai other than Chiang Mai having 2 Centrals (and one more under construction) more restaurants, more bars and more foreigners. If you mean boring because there aren't many westerners - who cares. Learn to mix with the locals. I hang out mostly with locals and I feel perfectly comfortable doing so.

The bars are full of customers because the people are bored silly. As for learning to mix with the locals, great advice. I'll have to try it some time ... some days, I even get to practice my English.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Khon Kaen isn't boring. I'm here now and the place is as happening as anywhere else - the bars are full of customers, I really don't see the difference between here and say Chiang Mai other than Chiang Mai having 2 Centrals (and one more under construction) more restaurants, more bars and more foreigners. If you mean boring because there aren't many westerners - who cares. Learn to mix with the locals. I hang out mostly with locals and I feel perfectly comfortable doing so.

I agree kk isnt boring at all.

Place outside Roma served me the best hamburger i had in Thailand, it tasted like burger king.

Alittle bit up the road across 7-11 is a pink nightclub in the walkway to the busparking, there the local delicascies can be found.

I agree kk isnt boring at all.

Place outside Roma served me the best hamburger i had in Thailand, it tasted like burger king.

Alittle bit up the road across 7-11 is a pink nightclub in the walkway to the busparking, there the local delicascies can be found.

Just curious, as I never heard about this pink club.

What is the name of it?