Farang Bar In Khon Kaen

voodoomagicman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he means Villa Massage? local soapy place.

yes yes thats the place, thought it was a nightclub though, but i have never been in there since im allways caught up in a conversation outside. Maybe i will check it out inside next time i go to kk for fun.

Great. You eat your Roma-burger and walk across the street to the 'V' place ... and how many nights-weeks-years is that going to last you?

As many as i like, its up to me.

So about an hour to eat your hamburger and 90 minutes with the Poo. That leaves a lot of time. I have lived for almost 10 years in Khon Kaen and made several extended stays before that. I would have no desire to live anywhere else in Thailand. You better have something going for you in KK other than the above or else you'll end up in the bars a 8AM with a bunch of others and some of them don't look too happy about it.

Great. You eat your Roma-burger and walk across the street to the 'V' place ... and how many nights-weeks-years is that going to last you?

As many as i like, its up to me.

So about an hour to eat your hamburger and 90 minutes with the Poo. That leaves a lot of time. I have lived for almost 10 years in Khon Kaen and made several extended stays before that. I would have no desire to live anywhere else in Thailand. You better have something going for you in KK other than the above or else you'll end up in the bars a 8AM with a bunch of others and some of them don't look too happy about it.

you seem to to know the bar sceene pretty well at 8 am but dont worry you will be left alone from me with the real poo that i think youre quite able to atract because i dont drink. I dont live in kk and have no desire to do that but when i stay longer there you can find me down on nong wat road if you want to discuss my eating habits further.

The main bank branches near the bar farang ghetto open at 8:30 AM and the Thai Airways ticket office opens at 8 AM in the Pullman so I often drive by on the Honda Wave and and peek-in to see the early morning clientele.

I personally don't care much about your eating habits although you seem to think it is a highlight of the KK experience. The guys on the Western food in Thailand forum who discuss in minutiae the best hamburger I'm sure would be fascinated.

The main bank branches near the bar farang ghetto open at 8:30 AM and the Thai Airways ticket office opens at 8 AM in the Pullman so I often drive by on the Honda Wave and and peek-in to see the early morning clientele.

I personally don't care much about your eating habits although you seem to think it is a highlight of the KK experience. The guys on the Western food in Thailand forum who discuss in minutiae the best hamburger I'm sure would be fascinated.

Strange comment JL. You are up and about from 8 AM to see who is drinking in the bars, yet you don't go in bars yourself.

And you sneer at the things other people like to do. Very strange.

Edited by rott

Is the Blues Bar still owned by 2 ferangs one from Liverpool and one from scotland, I went to KK for two days and thought it was ok, but not much nightlife or girls, maybe i didnt go to the right bars?

I'm not a bar fly so I can't really answer that. As regards nightlife and girls it's not that sort of place.

To be honest it was a lot nicer ten years ago before the current rash of farang bars sprung up between the Kosa and Pullman hotels.

There is a nice expat crowd in the city but you won't find them in that area.

There is also a local website with a forum but it seems to be nothing more than a few US and Aussie expats who slag each other off.

If you are looking for a bit of excitement Khon Kaen is certainly not the place to go.

Blue's Bar still there.

First time one walks in you will very soon find out that the word Blue, in Blues Bar, is referring to the colour blue.

Not really as many ladies in these bars as mentioned.

A few cheap charlie customers playing pool, while zipping to their extremely dilluted (with ice) beer.

Nice layout, with some pool tables.

Can sit by the bar, or tables.

Music is basically techno music as long as none of the owners are there.

TheThai style where the music is played for the staff (screw the paying customers).

I was utterly disapointment, but im only one customer.

As for the website (other forum name removed), indeed there are some old dogs highjacking each and every thread, and turn it into a battleground.

Old dogs is a good description as one actually uses a dog type name. Most of the traffic appears to be started by a couple of regulars with obviously too much time on their hands posting nothing of interest which is then hijacked by a handful of others. It was quite a good source of local info several years ago but poor moderation has left it a mess.

Just as well this place is moderated well as trolling appears to be a source of pleasure for some expats.

One thing I don't want to know on forums is the minutiae of regular posters lives.

• Like 1

Strange comment JL. You are up and about from 8 AM to see who is drinking in the bars, yet you don't go in bars yourself.

All the bars are open and one can look in without even stopping the motorbike and many of the customers don't look too happy. But thank you, I am very strange.

I think this guy is going troppo with a clear cut case of the boredom blues in KK. It's a nice city if you have a life but for others is is the most boring place on the planet. Try having lunch at Ratchawaddee Resort followed by a swim or have an evening meal at Ton Tan. Golf is great at Singha Park or Dancoon.

Walk around the lake or try Smile restaurant.

Riding a Honda Wave past the Pullman at 8.30am shouts Troll to me. Better waste your time on the local KK site than posting here.

• Like 2

The Thai Airways ticket office in the Pullman opens at 8 AM; the post office at 8:30; the KrungThai Bank and Bangkok Bank Sri Chan offices open at 8:30 all near Farang Bar gulch. And you're right; I always shout TROLL as I ride by

• Like 1

All the bars are open and one can look in without even stopping the motorbike and many of the customers don't look too happy. But thank you, I am very strange.

If i was in a bar at 8am it would be from the night before and i don't think i would be looking happy...pissed yeah! you are strange.must be fun looking in all the bars to see peoples expressions at 8am in the morning wink.png wierdo.

You should try buying a beer in a bar much better than the 7/11 and family marts you know so well.wink.png then again some people have a budget so it is understandable that you would rather frequent the mini marts.

Please be aware of the TV rules in regard to your posting, specifically:

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

So please don't try to provoke other members with your comments.

Please be aware of the TV rules in regard to your posting, specifically:

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

So please don't try to provoke other members with your comments.

Agree as the thread is about "farang bar in khon kaen" then if you don't frequent the bars why bother to post? just to be a troll rolleyes.gif

The Number 1 bar has just been taken over by a new manager and i hope it is a success for them similar to a few other bars in khon kaen that are doing well.

One guy posted a bar review of one of the bars in KK Forum.

He was instantly attacked by some of the older members, who didn't even go to bars.

The tread has 190 replies, for a bar review.

Edited by Travel2003

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Blues Bar still owned by 2 ferangs one from Liverpool and one from scotland, I went to KK for two days and thought it was ok, but not much nightlife or girls, maybe i didnt go to the right bars?

I'm not a bar fly so I can't really answer that. As regards nightlife and girls it's not that sort of place.

To be honest it was a lot nicer ten years ago before the current rash of farang bars sprung up between the Kosa and Pullman hotels.

There is a nice expat crowd in the city but you won't find them in that area.

There is also a local website with a forum but it seems to be nothing more than a few US and Aussie expats who slag each other off.

If you are looking for a bit of excitement Khon Kaen is certainly not the place to go.

Blue's Bar still there.

First time one walks in you will very soon find out that the word Blue, in Blues Bar, is referring to the colour blue.

Not really as many ladies in these bars as mentioned.

A few cheap charlie customers playing pool, while zipping to their extremely dilluted (with ice) beer.

Nice layout, with some pool tables.

Can sit by the bar, or tables.

Music is basically techno music as long as none of the owners are there.

TheThai style where the music is played for the staff (screw the paying customers).

I was utterly disapointment, but im only one customer.

As for the website (other forum name removed), indeed there are some old dogs highjacking each and every thread, and turn it into a battleground.

went to blues bar found them to be quite agressive i was pissed .may go to kk again.not on my own and not to the blues bar

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He was instantly attacked by some of the older members, who didn't even go to bars.

I'm afraid that site has gone downhill and appears now to be just a dozen or so who talk to themselves.

It is nice to have a decent conversation with a few expats over a beer but I don't want loud techno music or see bar girls.

I'm afraid that site has gone downhill and appears now to be just a dozen or so who talk to themselves.

It is nice to have a decent conversation with a few expats over a beer but I don't want loud techno music or see bar girls.

True. I see most of the information in the main page is either outdated, or non-existing.