Farang Bar In Khon Kaen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please be aware of the TV rules in regard to your posting, specifically:

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

So please don't try to provoke other members with your comments.

Please be aware of the TV rules in regard to your posting, specifically:

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

So please don't try to provoke other members with your comments.

Agree as the thread is about "farang bar in khon kaen" then if you don't frequent the bars why bother to post? just to be a troll rolleyes.gif

The Number 1 bar has just been taken over by a new manager and i hope it is a success for them similar to a few other bars in khon kaen that are doing well.

My first post on this topic (#32)was a response to someone asking directions to a bar. And as long as I follow forum rules, I'll post anywhere I d-mn well feel like it.

One guy posted a bar review of one of the bars in KK Forum.

He was instantly attacked by some of the older members, who didn't even go to bars.

The tread has 190 replies, for a bar review.

Edited by Travel2003
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the Blues Bar still owned by 2 ferangs one from Liverpool and one from scotland, I went to KK for two days and thought it was ok, but not much nightlife or girls, maybe i didnt go to the right bars?

I'm not a bar fly so I can't really answer that. As regards nightlife and girls it's not that sort of place.

To be honest it was a lot nicer ten years ago before the current rash of farang bars sprung up between the Kosa and Pullman hotels.

There is a nice expat crowd in the city but you won't find them in that area.

There is also a local website with a forum but it seems to be nothing more than a few US and Aussie expats who slag each other off.

If you are looking for a bit of excitement Khon Kaen is certainly not the place to go.

Blue's Bar still there.

First time one walks in you will very soon find out that the word Blue, in Blues Bar, is referring to the colour blue.

Not really as many ladies in these bars as mentioned.

A few cheap charlie customers playing pool, while zipping to their extremely dilluted (with ice) beer.

Nice layout, with some pool tables.

Can sit by the bar, or tables.

Music is basically techno music as long as none of the owners are there.

TheThai style where the music is played for the staff (screw the paying customers).

I was utterly disapointment, but im only one customer.

As for the website (other forum name removed), indeed there are some old dogs highjacking each and every thread, and turn it into a battleground.

went to blues bar found them to be quite agressive i was pissed .may go to kk again.not on my own and not to the blues bar

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He was instantly attacked by some of the older members, who didn't even go to bars.

I'm afraid that site has gone downhill and appears now to be just a dozen or so who talk to themselves.

It is nice to have a decent conversation with a few expats over a beer but I don't want loud techno music or see bar girls.

I'm afraid that site has gone downhill and appears now to be just a dozen or so who talk to themselves.

It is nice to have a decent conversation with a few expats over a beer but I don't want loud techno music or see bar girls.

True. I see most of the information in the main page is either outdated, or non-existing.