Hat Yai

drum

The wife (Thai) and myself go to Hat Yai on the occasional shopping trip and both of us never feel in danger. As I grew up in the 80s in London I felt there was much more of a chance of being caught in a bomb planted by the IRA than by these "insurgents".

It really is overblown (pun unintended), the risk of getting killed by a bomb is relatively small compared to the chance of being involved in a road accident etc., as somebody has already mentioned.

It's a decent city for shopping, eating and getting to your next destination. Why worry about living there if you don't?

• Like 2

Well, to be honest, it is quite unusual to fly into to Thailand and head straight down to Hat Yai for tourism purposes.

Nonsense, loads of non drinking non whoring Muslims go straight to Hat Yai on a regular basis for.............you guessed it. wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

<p>

Well, to be honest, it is quite unusual to fly into to Thailand and head straight down to Hat Yai for tourism purposes.

Nonsense, loads of non drinking non whoring Muslims go straight to Hat Yai on a regular basis for.............you guessed it. wink.png

OK If they are non drinking and non whoring I can not guess what they would be in Had Yai for???

Edited by beammeup

Indeed, Hat Yai is a shopping Mecca.

Not just Malaysian Muslims, but Chinese and Indians too. Tuk-tuks brimming with overlarge Indian families is a familiar sight in Hat Yai at weekends and holidays.

Most tourists to Hat Yai are from Malaysia and Singapore, it's not really on the western tourist route except as a transit point for backpackers.

Edited by Stocky