Lesson Plans For Prathom 4-5-6

hi everyone. i am teaching english in a goverment school for prathom 4, 5 and 6. school asked me about my lesson plans. i really don't have any time for making lessons plan. if anybody have lesson plans for this levels i will be very happy and will save alot o time. thanks in advance

• Like 1

hi everyone. i am teaching english in a goverment school for prathom 4, 5 and 6. school asked me about my lesson plans. i really don't have any time for making lessons plan. if anybody have lesson plans for this levels i will be very happy and will save alot o time. thanks in advance

A teacher that isn't prepared to spend time making lesson plans, I've seen it all now!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Cihan

Lesson plans are the basis of your topic, not written in stone but as a guideline to what your aim is.

You don't have time write your lesson plans, or is it a case of I don't have the inclination or possibly the knowledge to write lesson plans ?

Looking at your post I am indeed wondering if you are actually qualified to teach any subject ?.

i am asking for lesson plan i am not asking for your advice. i dont want to spend my time on a plan that i will never use it. i am teaching each classrom 1 hour per week. at the end of the year they wont learn too much things. i cant understand why these people start to judge me here before looking at their selves. maybe there are some unemployed native speakers here and they are jealous of me :) anyway i wont follow this lesson plans coz every classroom is different from the other some of them are really good the others even cant read basic sentences. it will be just for show.

cihan.

You are as bad as those students you are judging, teachers are meant to lead, to inspire,, your attitude is apaling Motivated by money and nothing else.

Indeed when one reads your posts it is plainly obvious your are not the most erudite person posting here or elsewhere. You are the problem not the school or the students.

I don't think anyone is jealous of you, the only emotion you trigger is one of pure disgust. .

Marriage visa causing problems along with funds perchance?.

I suggest that you fly back to Turkey where you claim to be from and try to master the English language and then educate your fellow countrymen and women.and of course yourself.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

i am asking for lesson plan i am not asking for your advice. i dont want to spend my time on a plan that i will never use it. i am teaching each classrom 1 hour per week. at the end of the year they wont learn too much things. i cant understand why these people start to judge me here before looking at their selves. maybe there are some unemployed native speakers here and they are jealous of me smile.png anyway i wont follow this lesson plans coz every classroom is different from the other some of them are really good the others even cant read basic sentences. it will be just for show.

i am asking for lesson plan i am not asking for your advice. i dont want to spend my time on a plan that i will never use it. i am teaching each classrom 1 hour per week. at the end of the year they wont learn too much things. i cant understand why these people start to judge me here before looking at their selves. maybe there are some unemployed native speakers here and they are jealous of me smile.png anyway i wont follow this lesson plans coz every classroom is different from the other some of them are really good the others even cant read basic sentences. it will be just for show.

Quite obviously you are NOT a teacher and never will be.

OP............you are one lazy individual. I genuinely feel sorry for the poor students you will attempt to "teach". Please, Please, Please leave them be.....they don't need someone like you......

I prefer writing unit plans and setting the unit objectives and standards. Then focus on each lesson.

But honestly, if you don't have time, then you don't have time to be a teacher.

The Olympics are coming up, use that as a jumping point.

You dont know the conditions in my school so please do not comment. i do my plans weekly but next week someone from the education office will visit our school so i need that plans ready i do not have enough time to finish it. and siampolee : i have enough funds in my account to renew my visa please do not worry about me too much. you just save your self. i am doing this job because the school couldnt find a teacher and they dont want to hire alcoholic truck drivers this year and they ask me to do it. i really dont need the money from this job. i am just trying to keep my self busy. i wont do this job for the next year please calm down.

So there you have it from the OP. It's not a case of sheer laziness. I have seen it before when there is an scheduled visit by someone up the food chain and the workload suddenly increases. If you can help, please do so; if not please refrain from off-topic remarks.

• Like 1

I'm a little bit confused, as I don't know if you'd just like to have some worksheets/ handouts to show, or actually lesson plans.

If you meant lesson plans, wouldn't you have to have the lessons/worksheets coming with them as well?

Especially when guys from any higher institution come to check on it. Please clarify what you'd like. wai.gif

After teaching five years in Thailand I have found it is very time consuming. For every classroom hour you have you can probably plan on at least 1 prep hour and if you have never taught before that can increase to 5 or 6. As for all of a sudden having to produce lesson plans, I suggest you bite the bullet and do it. Last year I had to produce 20 lesson plans over a week end. If you are teaching P4,5,&6 all you have to do is produce one per week, and then dummy it down or smarten it up depending on the level of the class, it is not that difficult. I have attached a Lesson Template I use that may help you out. Issageorge.

Lesson Plan Template.doc

It's not a difficult task. Any teacher setting foot in the classroom should have a solid lesson plan. Not only does it provide you with clarity about what you are doing, it helps focus tasks and manage time effectively. It's about long term planning. Then you can reflect on what went well and what didn't go so well and modify as required for the future.

I write lesson plans that are quite detailed for my classes. It takes me about an hour to do the lesson plans each week. It's making the worksheets that takes a lot of time. Thankfully, I made them all for my course last year. I just have to modify them a bit to account for the problematic areas I discovered last year.

• 5 weeks later...

Whilst I agree that cihan is not what I would call a teacher in the true professional sense, the real issue is that here in Thailand if you are pink (or vaguely pinkish), breathing and can speak some English then you can be hired. I do not blame cihan for trying to do some teaching but I do lay the blame firmly at the foot of governments of all persuasions who for years have ripped off Thai children by employing anybody who rocks up to a school looking for a job. This education culture is the problem, not people like cihan. I'm guessing that with ASEAN in 2015 the Thais will learn a bitter lesson but I'm not holding my breath waiting for the system to catch up. Personally I wouldn't bother getting out of bed for the money most language schools are offering.

• Like 2

The real issue with a broad request like this, is the simple fact that we don't know the curriculum you are suppose to be following. You need to make lesson plans that at least resemble what academic goals ministry of education and your school are following. Before the semester even begins I make a detailed list of what units and broad topics I will need to cover week to week. It takes me about 4-5 hours, but that is for the whole year. Then I look at that basic syllabus and break down what I cover in the class.

Topic: also include a list of vocab. etc.

Objective: Students will....

Method: what you actually do: videos, power points,

Reinforce Practice: activities, exercises, drills, worksheets, etc.

Evaluation: What students do to demonstrate that they learned: observation, quizes, HW

If you don't have time to fill out something like this quickly for each class, then you are not teaching you are just a puppet in the class.

• Like 1