20 Thb At Fruit Carts In Kk......

Thighlander

Seems like I had only paid more than 10, once in 14 years, and that was before I boarded a bus on Koa San Rd.. Is this inflation or another case of two tier pricing?...It seems to mostly happen when other thais are standing around...they were kind of chuckling today, when I said sipb or soon....take your pick. Any clues?

Mate 20 baht was right i have paid this at a few places here, you get over twice what you get in bkk or pattaya, well thats what i have experienced in kk, take pineapple you get a half a pineapple.

• Like 1

yeah 20 baht for a bag of sliced pineapple is pretty much the norm

it's even 10 for pineapple on KSR. Bumper crop this year 880,000 tones...government price support at 4 thb per kilo. Quite a few 10 thb fruitcartsw in BKK, I say sip and they rarely decline, but those who point and pay may likely be paying twenty.

yeah 20 baht for a bag of sliced pineapple is pretty much the norm

it's even 10 for pineapple on KSR. Bumper crop this year 880,000 tones...government price support at 4 thb per kilo. Quite a few 10 thb fruitcartsw in BKK, I say sip and they rarely decline, but those who point and pay may likely be paying twenty.

I am talking about the large bags as pointed out by Nev. I can knock one of those of in a single sitting. Of course your superior Thai language skills as demonstrated in your post obviously put you at a distinct advantage over others when negotiating prices. biggrin.png

Edited by mca
  • Like 1

i havent seen the "big bags"... in BKK they charge 20 for the "normal bags", which are about 1/4 pineapple... and its the foreigner price...

The bag load you get in kk is well over half a pineapple i have bought small bags in bkk pattaya and other areas of thailand for 10 baht, and they are very small servings, i do not know why6 this is even a debate i am happy paying 20bt for my big bag of pineapple if i am not or think i am getting ripped off i will not buy, even my girlfriend when she buys pays the same price.

• Like 1

Why would they only sell double portions? Produce prices can fluctuate rapidly, and also consider that once, cut, its shelf-life is about 1 day--if refrigerated.

Don't know mate, maybe up here in kk we can afford 20 baht for a bag of fruit, but on KSR they cannot go figuresmile.png