Thai Airways Date Change On Ticket. How Much Notice Will Benefit Me Financially?

Hi Can anyone shed some light if it is cheaper to notify Thai Airways sooner or later of a change to my return flight date.

Does it working on a sliding scale where the sooner you tell them the less it costs to change the flight?

Or is it a flat fee regardless of when they are informed.

Or alternatively the later I leave it, the more the cost and obviously the less chance of getting a flight around my chosen time to return to Heathrow from Bangkok.

Would it be better to inform them whilst I'm still in the Uk?

Many thanks in advance of any replies.

It really depends on what kind of ticket you bought but most have a fixed charge for changing no matter when it is done some tickets do allow free changing. To me the earlier you notify them the better, as there will be more chance of getting a flight on the date you want.

• Like 1

It really depends on what kind of ticket you bought but most have a fixed charge for changing no matter when it is done some tickets do allow free changing. To me the earlier you notify them the better, as there will be more chance of getting a flight on the date you want.

Many thanks

Its a deal ticket tied in with an internal return flight to Samui, I intend to contact Thai Airways but just wanted to check, before I do, if anybody could prepare for what to expect as a matter of the Thai airline policy, didn't want the wool pulled over my eyes.

Any change fees are detailed in the fare rules for the bucket you purchased; Flexi/ 1 yr, Flexi Saver/ 6 mos., Advantage/3 mos. (most expensive, least restrictive, to least expensive, most restrictive)

Typically changes in travel dates after departure require re-issuing of the ticket, which is dependent on fare-bucket availability. So you will may have to pay a re-issuing fee, and maybe buy up to a higher, but available fare bucket. I think the re-issuing fee is 2,000 THB. You might have to pay an additional 2,500 - 10,000 THB if you have to buy up, on this route.

Obviously the sooner you address this the better.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

The cost of changing you ticket depends on what class ticket you have "V" "W" which are cheaper tickets cost more (heard $100 AUD)

"Q" class change is less. Full economy "Y" might be free.

Internet tickets I don't know.

What was said before, if you were booked on "V" and there no "V" class on your change date you would have to move up to "W" class which would be dearer + the change fee I think.

The quicker you do it the better.

If I have to change a TG ticket I e mail my agent in SYD and he does it on his computer, any cost fix him up on retutn.

One of the advantages of not using the internet.

aussiep