Watutsi'S Photos ----"Bangkok Street"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous.

I've never been to that area in Bangkok ... do I assume that it's China Town?

Almost every photo speaks to me.

The colours in 'taking a moment' play tricks with my eye.

The feeling of 'after' is of pity and loneliness.

May I ask what shutter speed you used to the feeling of movement (blurred man walking) yet froze the

movement of the dishwasher whose arm would have been moving?

There is an Alien feeling to 'yang &yin wait'

Thanks for sharing ...

Thankyou both for your comments

David48, the movement is like so many photographs,more accident than design,i was using a slow shutter speed because of the dark areas,he is beginning to react to the realisation he is about to collide with the other man.His movement is just faster than everything else going on in the photo. I photographed the collision but other elements of the photo had changed, so this is the one i went with.Thankyou again for your comments, i think i will post a few more pictures in a couple of days

I'm jealous.

I've never been to that area in Bangkok ... do I assume that it's China Town?

Almost every photo speaks to me.

The colours in 'taking a moment' play tricks with my eye.

The feeling of 'after' is of pity and loneliness.

May I ask what shutter speed you used to the feeling of movement (blurred man walking) yet froze the

movement of the dishwasher whose arm would have been moving?

There is an Alien feeling to 'yang &yin wait'

Thanks for sharing ...

Yes, agree with all that David says and I also would like to know aperture and shutter speed.

Great photos...

I'm in awe at your work. The content element is superb but what hits me the most is your post processing. Absolutely exquisite. The control over light and yet still providing tantalizing shadow detail, realistic colour rendition and delicate sublety of tones is par excellent. The atmosphere in each and every shot is incredible.

Well done. Amazing work and photojournalism.

This will come across as negative ... but it's not.

The only one that didn't speak to me was 'location location'.

Some of the subtly is amazing ... or pure luck.

For example in "then she said that he said" there is a cord connecting the Monk and the girl

... as it would in a Temple setting. Plus how did you 'take' the photo as the Monk cares not that you are there.

Yet "in this'n that" ... if the girls didn't look at you, I believe the photo would be less for it.

"news of the fire" ... is a great pun on the phrases ... but also, as another poster mention, so atmospheric.

• Like 1

Plus how did you 'take' the photo as the Monk cares not that you are there.

I do a bit of street photography in Bangkok too, and I would say every people react differently, to my opinion there are 3 cases :

1 - people that don't want to be on a photo, they can turn the head in opposite direction or avoid being in front of the camera walking behind you (common case)

2 - people that don't care, sometimes they look at you for one second and after they watch another things (this is the right time to shot the picture)

3 - people that enjoy to be in front of the camera, they look at you and sometimes young people do a "V" with the fingers (not interresting because not a candid bahaviour, not natural)

so the more interresting case is the number 2, before or after looking at your lens. With a special function : I shot 3 pictures each time I press the button, so sometimes in the 3 pictures : one is the good. What I do sometimes is to sit or stand up at the same place for a while with an interresting background, and I'm waiting something happen. If I stay 20 minutes at a place I shot easily 100 pictures, and usually 2 or 3 or 4 pictures are good to keep.

This is an example of place where I stayed more than 30 minutes to get only one good picture :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ooka-medias/7396278474/in/photostream

some people like mototaxi was looking at me often, probably asking them why I stay here while they don't see something interresting for a photo. lol

If you are interrested by the street photography, there is one photographer at Bangkok who work mainly on that subject :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/seua_yai/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im interested in your post processing.i really like the colours and grain you are getting.

what software are you using, and are you shooting from raw?

I am using a " relatively" small sensor Fuji camera, this accounts for the colour and the grain + basic post production of jpeg in Photoshop

• Like 1

Thankyou both for your comments

David48, the movement is like so many photographs,more accident than design,i was using a slow shutter speed because of the dark areas,he is beginning to react to the realisation he is about to collide with the other man.His movement is just faster than everything else going on in the photo. I photographed the collision but other elements of the photo had changed, so this is the one i went with.Thankyou again for your comments, i think i will post a few more pictures in a couple of days

Like your work mate. Great pics.

Without being too technical... what sort of camera setup do you use?

• 4 weeks later...

Astounding photos

Thanks for sharing

And still no click on the "Like" Button by your good self wink.png

Well at least some members do use them. Give it a try 'astral' thumbsup.gif and help us all out w00t.gif

Win coffee1.gif

Edited by Kan Win