Photographic Lighting Equipment Shops In Bangkok?

What brands are you in to?

As far as pro-level stuff goes, I know they sell Elinchrom monos at AV Camera on Sathorn by the river.

Capa Foto has a nice selection but they're all no-name brands I've never heard of before.

I would say it's cheaper just to order from Paul Buff and AlienBees than to go with random made-in-china lights. Or do the strobist and stick with speedlights.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated.

I was in MBK last week in "the Canon shop" on the 5th floor, looking at flash heads. They had some Chinese rubibish 400 joule heads for 4,800 baht - approximately a quater of the price of the Elincrom units. I've always been a Bowens man in the UK, - where my kit still is - but at 4,800 baht, those chinese units could blow 3 times and I'd still be in pocket.

Got some decisions to make!

Marvo.

Edited by Marvo

I've used a range of made-in-china copies of photo gear, and though my experiences with imitation studio lights is brief, I've found they've got inconsistent power output, a slow flash duration, and sometimes finicky color temperature. But they will trigger every time, unlikely to break (I mean what are you doing in a studio anyway :P), and are, like all the other copies, cheap and replaceable.