Espresso Machines In Thailand, Why Is It So Expensive?

balo

5 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Yes great machines but 32,000 on your link site????

Actually a range from 15-52k in quick read.  The Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine at 19,500 looks rather professional to me.  

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually a range from 15-52k in quick read.  The Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine at 19,500 looks rather professional to me.  

The one I got from eBay in the UK is 32,000 I did note the barista at 19,500 but the grinder is square both should be near identical before the jump in price to the duel boiler models and the top of the range oracle mine has been churning out up to 8 cups a day faultlessly for 2 years if it helps????   

On 2/3/2013 at 6:38 PM, candypants said:

that is a pretty foolish assumption.

why would every major department store offer 6 or 7 options if foreigners are the only market.

dont kid yourself, for every foreigner that can afford one of these items 20 Thais have already bought one.

liking coffee is not an exclusively foreign thing. It is ignorant to assume it is.

Look at the number of coffee shops. 

• 5 weeks later...

Actually in Thailand there are a lot of decent choice at reasonable prices, ( just consider that all imported single group head coffee machines and coffee grinders as well are charged with a 30% duty fees plus the 7% v.a.t....but from China there are 0% duty fees) but of course a price could not be reasonable if does not match with our budget, as well the quality and result in cup are always related to our necessity or expectation, so if for somebody a 15K coffee machine is good, for else could be a toy or too expensive.

Even the region/area where we live it has effect on the final price.

As always have a good kuppa.