Got Problem With Thief. Need Advice

maidu

"[As for the money which was stolen, I got 11% of it back. Cops claimed it was all they found, though I can't be sure, because there was a 3 hour discussion about the money (to be given to me) between the cops and the two women friends of mine who were there also.]"

Can you elaborate on this? Are you suspicious of the cops or your two women friends?

Since you asked, I'm suspicious of the cops. At one point they asked me 'how much would you like back?'. I tried to say, 'well, I lost X amount of money (don't want to say in this forum how much), so if I'm the only one who was robbed, whatever money you (the cops) found at the kids' hideout should go to me.' I don't speak Thai well, but it seems rather obvious, that if cops found a stash of money and stolen goods at that particular hideout, and some of the stolen items are things I described earlier (to them), then the cash too would very likely have been mine.

The women friends were my agents, so to speak. I didn't have much bargaining power. In other words, it was up to the mercy of what the cops thought was fair to give to me. I didn't know then, and will probably never know exactly how much cash was recovered from the thieves.

Anyhow, I'm relieved to get some items and cash back. And even more appreciative that the little thieves have been apprehended. Though, because of their age, their still out in our neighborhoods.

I had plans to continue to develop a 'tent resort' at a beautiful rural 10 rai site near town, but due to this robbery, I'm re-thinking whether I can afford (or even want) to invest yet more money and devotion to project(s) in Chiang Rai.

• 2 weeks later...