Mini Oven ?

seasia

If you're not so pressed for space, these Minoyas are great value for around 3,000 THB from Makro

spd_20090908133130_b.jpg

I've done legs of lamb, joints of pork, chicken, pizzas and all sorts. Cooks perfectly well. The spit roast is rubbish, and the timer only goes up to 1 hour, but for the money it's brilliant.

Nice one. I'd say that any oven capable of cooking a leg of lamb well would be good enough for practically anything.

we had one of these minoya ovens in our old restaurant i did xmas lunch for 22 people out of it, used every day for a year still going strong when we sold the place, as to the timer i used to jam a spoon under the knob to halt the timer so the oven ran constant and yes they get very hot and there is no seal around the door so not very good at retaining heat when i cooked a pizza put the temp on high it never got to full temp i dont think but still did the job. now have the luxury of a full size electric fan oven

• 2 weeks later...

get the round glass convection oven. i could vaguely remember that it cost alittle more than 2000thb. able to roast one whole chicken and enough to do your weekly sunday roast stuff in it. the convection oven actually make roast more crispier and juicer than the traditional ovens with just heat rods

I bought a Toshiba convection/microwave oven, top of the line, with all the bells and whistles for 20k baht. Don't waiste your money. All the features are never used. It must have been designed for the cooking idiot. You just need something that can hold the temperature for the length of time you need.

• 1 month later...

After deliberating for months and looking at benchtop ovens everytime i go near an electrical store i bit the bullet and bought a Tefal Delice.

Cost about 4300baht.

Its bloody big and gets plenty hot,

Ive only had it a week and so far ive done nachos, garlic bread, a couple of pizzas with home made base, baked chicken and pasta, now ive got an eggplant parmigiana about to come out..

It goes great!

Slowly working my way up to doing a roast..

• Like 1

One of the best things I've ever bought is my spaceship oven - I've made cakes, biscuits, bread and am currently experimentig using it as slow cooker as it goes from 80degrees C to 240degreesc - for those who don't do celcius, that's a fair bit under boiling point to max of a normal oven. There were lots there, and I chose to get the more expensive one, I think TB5,000 before 20% discount then anther discount and some other special - I ended up paying about 4,000. It's fan forced, you cook everything as you normally would temperature-wise, but maybe because it's smaller everything cooks quite a lot quicker.

Not the exact model in the photo, but to show what I mean by space ship. It has 3 removable racks, and if I don't over-fill I can do 2 pizza's and a garlic bread at the same time. I'm going to try and make my next batch of yoghurt in it tomorrow, it's starting to cool down a bit here in CM.

I would recommend this to anyone - best thing is I can plug it in on the balcony so the kitchen doesn't get any hotter than it has to.

post-71952-0-75789900-1348927293_thumb.j

If you're not so pressed for space, these Minoyas are great value for around 3,000 THB from Makro

spd_20090908133130_b.jpg

I've done legs of lamb, joints of pork, chicken, pizzas and all sorts. Cooks perfectly well. The spit roast is rubbish, and the timer only goes up to 1 hour, but for the money it's brilliant.

I've also got one of these from Otto

CO-707H.gif

Which is actually a better over, great when I was living in the condo but a bit restrictive on space.

Do you think that's big enough for a 5kg turkey?

spd_20090908133130_b.jpg

I've also got one of these from Otto

CO-707H.gif

Which is actually a better over, great when I was living in the condo but a bit restrictive on space.

Do you think that's big enough for a 5kg turkey?

I have one of these. A 5kg turkey "should" fit in it fine. You will be hard pressed to make your roast potatoes to feed the amount of people that a 5kg turkey will in the same oven at the same time. You would have to slightly over parboil them and pre-heat the oil in the baking tray on the stove then remove the cooked turkey, cover in foil and sit to rest in a HOT place whilst you cook your potatoes. You could then carve the turkey just before the potatoes are ready and return the carved meat to the oven in tin foil for 5-10 minutes to get steaming hot again. Should allow you to get EVERYTHING out to the table at serving temperature.

• 8 years later...
On 7/8/2012 at 1:02 AM, PoorSucker said:

Be careful, I got a real nasty electric shock from one before I threw it away and bought a real oven.

Do not touch it while the cord is in the wall.

What a ridiculous post….all portable ovens are dangerous??

My current oven came with a 3 pin plug but I was still getting shocks from it.

When I opened it up I found that the wiring was only 2 flex, so while there was a dedicated Earth position in the oven, there was no wire to attach to it.

Simple solution was to replace the whole cable with 3 flex and connect the earth up, never had a pisser since.