Recommendations For The Best Braided Fishing Line Available Here In Thailand

kawapower

Don't all rush to answer lol. Sorted now with Power Pro 50lb.

Was hoping someone else would come up with an anwer, Fact is i tried maybe 20 brands of braid and found that in the heat of thailand they all have a life span of a matter of months before they start breaking,

I use 50lb braid for lure fishing coz it cuts through the vegetable and 80lb for sport fishing, Still hav,nt found anything better than power pro but be prepared to replace it after some months or keep it in the fridge.

Don't all rush to answer lol. Sorted now with Power Pro 50lb.

Was hoping someone else would come up with an anwer, Fact is i tried maybe 20 brands of braid and found that in the heat of thailand they all have a life span of a matter of months before they start breaking,

I use 50lb braid for lure fishing coz it cuts through the vegetable and 80lb for sport fishing, Still hav,nt found anything better than power pro but be prepared to replace it after some months or keep it in the fridge.

My last Power Pro was on the reel for well over 1 yr and was still fine, I now have 50lb Dark Green Power Pro excellent line.

I usually use Berkley whiplash but also power pro. They seem identical from experience.

I've had terrible experiences fishing braid on pay lakes though, Every time another angler had a fish it would run through my floating braid. Either I had to reel in or untangle my line from theirs. That was fishing with a float. It's not too bad for bottom fishing but the braid is still floating gradually back up to your rod at the bank. An angler fighting a fish near your rod can still tangle with the braid. Back leads are an option but it's too much hassle for me. I swapped to spooling 50% braid and 50% 70lb mono, joined with a braided FG knot.

Edited by jackinbkk

• 2 months later...