Snake In My Kitchen - What Is It?

trigger571

Hi Everyone,

Just went to make a cup of tea in my kitchen and found my two cats playing with this snake. I managed to catch it just in case it's poisonous and bit one of them, but I cannot seem to find what kind of snake it is. Anyone recognise it and know if it's poisonous?

snake.JPG

I am terrified of snakes and am constantly being presented with these gifts (especially cobras) from my cats. Sad thing is when I call for help from the locals the snakes get killed. How did you manage to catch the snake? I guess I need to face my worst nemesis and try and save these creatures in the future.

I have a resident Keelback same as this. It keeps my frog population down.

NO snake is a threat here unless it's threatened. And I mean aimed towards with a large stick/scythe. Even if you were to find a Cobra/Python in your kitchen, just leave it an exit, go have a coffee/beer, and by the time you get back, it's gone. don't call the idiot Thais who'll kill anything without firstly identifying whether it's dangerous or not. A dead snake's better than a live one. bahtwise, to them.

Edited by silsburyhill
  • Like 1

I have a resident Keelback same as this. It keeps my frog population down.

NO snake is a threat here unless it's threatened. And I mean aimed towards with a large stick/scythe. Even if you were to find a Cobra/Python in your kitchen, just leave it an exit, go have a coffee/beer, and by the time you get back, it's gone. don't call the idiot Thais who'll kill anything without firstly identifying whether it's dangerous or not. A dead snake's better than a live one. bahtwise, to them.

I agree. My dog alerts me about any snake around and she usually wants to kill them and has, including cobras and red necked keel backs. But I try to get her to come in, or we go out and let the snake to go on it's way.

if you were to find a Cobra/Python in your kitchen, just leave it an exit, go have a coffee/beer, and by the time you get back, it's gone

Maybe, but gone where? Never leave until it's out of the house.