How Many On Your Ignore List

krobert6

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just testing... can you see this post?

I certainly get your point, Brit, but it's rather amusing. It's like telling an audience, "those who can't hear me, raise your hands."

But in fact, I'm responding in case he does have you on Ignore, so he can see your comments now. Unless he also has me on Ignore.

• Like 1

Agree with Berkshire above; if they annoy you, have some fun with them. There never should be any need to throw the teddies and rattles out of the pram on an internet forum........................w00t.gif

I certainly get your point, Brit, but it's rather amusing. It's like telling an audience, "those who can't hear me, raise your hands."

But in fact, I'm responding in case he does have you on Ignore, so he can see your comments now. Unless he also has me on Ignore.

Thanks. He already told me he put me on his list, which was quite an honour.

Given his strong feelings against Farangs, his list will probably grow quite rapidly.

• Like 2

Got it - now I cannot see you or Brit

I think you should look at implementing a policy where if more than say 10 have you on the ignore list you are barred smile.png

If you hadn't already ignored me, I would explain to you the irony in that post...

• Like 2

I use the list for sure. Won't be bothered to count the names. Keep in mind that just because a person is on your list doesn't mean you still can't very easily still read their posts. Every time an ignored post appears, you can just choose to view that post. The poster remains on ignore. The ignore clue tells me that there has been an issue with that poster. Before I asked the board to add a COMMENT field so we could easily remember what the issue was that inspired the ignore. That was sadly not done which means I don't really remember WHY I ignored members in the first place, but there was a good reason at the time! I never ignore a poster because I don't like their opinion. The reasons are always related to some kind of offensive behavior of that poster towards me personally. Every couple of years I clean up my ignore list. The last time I did that half the names on the list had been BANNED.

Anyway, the main point I want to make is that if people tell you they have you on ignore, they might do, but be skeptical that they don't still read your posts. They likely still do. And they likely will still reply to your posts if there is a reason to.

I would like another tool that doesn't force you to switch on posts of ignored members. In other words, an option to still show all posts of a flagged user. I would just like some COLOR INDICATOR, something like a RED FLAG that appears on posts of posters you choose to be cautious about.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I won't put people on ignore because to me that would indicate that they've bugged me in some way or another and I like to think I'm bigger than that.

Plus of course it highly entertaining to read some of the utter monkey spunk posted that these guys most probably consider witty and informed. Or the troll posts from someone who is at such a low point in their worthless existence that trolling an internet forum is the highlight of their otherwise unlivable day. Some friendly advice. Cut your losses. Kill yourself. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I never put anyone on ignore, what is the fun of a forum where everyone has the same opinion.

* I just meet the most annoying ones and bash their brains in. biggrin.png

Edited by robblok

I am really offended cheesy.gif that krobert6 has me clap2.gif on his cheesy.gif ignore coffee1.gif list. I am sooooooo sad cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

There ya go.

People who put people on ignore are just extremely weak minded.

I just explained to you another way to use ignore. To remind you to be CAUTIOUS about a particular user based on previous experience. You can still read their posts. You can still reply to their posts. Be careful about making silly assumptions of the different reasons and motivations that people use the given TOOLS offered on this forum.

I am pretty sure I am on the op's ignore list :)

The reason was I didn't believe his wife and kids lived on 34 baht each a day.

I don't post often mainly due to people like the op who makes a ridiculous post and disagrees when people pick holes in it. He then throws his dummy out and calls me a troll.

Ignoring people on TV due to one post in my eyes would be very childish. So if you can see this let me know if you ignored me op, I am the one crying in the corner :(

• Like 1