How Many On Your Ignore List

krobert6

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure I am on the op's ignore list smile.png

The reason was I didn't believe his wife and kids lived on 34 baht each a day.

I don't post often mainly due to people like the op who makes a ridiculous post and disagrees when people pick holes in it. He then throws his dummy out and calls me a troll.

Ignoring people on TV due to one post in my eyes would be very childish. So if you can see this let me know if you ignored me op, I am the one crying in the corner sad.png

I think it called a few people a troll, a product of Glasgow University I believe it not!cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I think you should look at implementing a policy where if more than say 10 have you on the ignore list you are barred smile.png

How about the reverse?

If you put a lot of people on ignore then what's the point of joining.

Might as well start talking to yourself.

I got nobody on ignore btw.

I can't get anyone to fess up to having me on their hate and ignore group. biggrin.png

For the record no one is on my list.

That's right, not even him....laugh.png

I will quote you so they can see your post...

Come on, who hates smokie?

I am really offended cheesy.gif that krobert6 has me clap2.gif on his cheesy.gif ignore coffee1.gif list. I am sooooooo sad cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

There ya go.

People who put people on ignore are just extremely weak minded.

I just explained to you another way to use ignore. To remind you to be CAUTIOUS about a particular user based on previous experience. You can still read their posts. You can still reply to their posts. Be careful about making silly assumptions of the different reasons and motivations that people use the given TOOLS offered on this forum.

the point is i don't understand why caution would be required against words on a page.

I think you should look at implementing a policy where if more than say 10 have you on the ignore list you are barred smile.png

Not sure you'll last too long if they do tongue.png

oops - there goes another

Am truly hurt now, if i promise to be nice will you reconsiderlaugh.png , oh forgot you won't see this, cancel that

I can't get anyone to fess up to having me on their hate and ignore group. biggrin.png

If there's a prize on offer, i'll give it a gosmile.png

If there's a prize on offer, i'll give it a gosmile.png

Its a contest to find the prize buffoon. You can enter at your own risk....:P

• Like 1

I am really offended cheesy.gif that krobert6 has me clap2.gif on his cheesy.gif ignore coffee1.gif list. I am sooooooo sad cheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

There ya go.

I just explained to you another way to use ignore. To remind you to be CAUTIOUS about a particular user based on previous experience. You can still read their posts. You can still reply to their posts. Be careful about making silly assumptions of the different reasons and motivations that people use the given TOOLS offered on this forum.

the point is i don't understand why caution would be required against words on a page.

Paper cuts, they can hurt, especially between your toes.

Hint: moderation. As I mentioned, a large portion of the people on my ignore list got banned. Turns out they were indeed people you don't want to get into scrapes with, if you want to avoid the same fate. 'Nuff said. Not caution about the words. Caution about the PEOPLE behind the words and caution in the words you use responding to those people. Edited by Jingthing

There ya go.

Just filtering the interference

Yeah, ignoring the ignore list is best. If someone responds negatively to your comment, you can either go cry in the corner, pound your chest and say you make all the rules and run away with your metaphoric ball in hand, or act like an actual grown up. Either way, there will be a point when a chronic foot stamper has hit the ignore button so many times that he/she just might find itself all alone in the dark. If that weren't so funny I'd think it sad...or maybe the other way around - up to you.rolleyes.gif

Edited by DowntownAl

Yeah, ignoring the ignore list is best. If some responds negatively to your comment, you can either go cry in the corner, pound your chest and say you make all the rules and run away with your metaphoric ball in hand, or act like a actual grown up. Either way, there will be a point when a chronic has hit the ignore button so many times that he/she just might find itself all alone in the dark. If that weren't so funny I'd think it sad...or maybe the other way around - up to you.rolleyes.gif

Not likely at all considering the many thousands of posters here, plus like I said, you can still easily read and respond to posters that you have on your ignore list. I think people who have never used this tool don't understand that.

Hint: moderation. As I mentioned, a large portion of the people on my ignore list got banned. Turns out they were indeed people you don't want to get into scrapes with, if you want to avoid the same fate. 'Nuff said. Not caution about the words. Caution about the PEOPLE behind the words and caution in the words you use responding to those people.

Yes Mr. JT, you are a very powerful man. No doubt this post will bring me closer to the edge.w00t.gif

To the OP, may I suggest that you take your wife and children of your ignorelist. If I understand it correctly from another post of yours, (unlike you I read posts from posters I dislike) you have only been in Thailand this time for a couple of days, and already spending all your time in front of keyboard.

Could someone please quote this post for the OP to read, as I took the liberty to disagree with him on another topic, so no doubt I am on his black list (too).

Yeah, ignoring the ignore list is best. If some responds negatively to your comment, you can either go cry in the corner, pound your chest and say you make all the rules and run away with your metaphoric ball in hand, or act like a actual grown up. Either way, there will be a point when a chronic has hit the ignore button so many times that he/she just might find itself all alone in the dark. If that weren't so funny I'd think it sad...or maybe the other way around - up to you.rolleyes.gif

Not likely at all considering the many thousands of posters here, plus like I said, you can still easily read and respond to posters that you have on your ignore list. I think people who have never used this tool don't understand that.

I agree with you in principle JT but, I also think that the vast majority of people here are forum literate (here and other forums) and understand how an ignore function works. In that respect, the OP is simply blowing smoke, however, each to their own. Although, regardless of the numbers here on TV the OP is very quickly building the kind of schoolyard rep that will have all the kids after his/her butt at recess. That might cause a run on joining the club by being added to the somewhat infamous ignore list the OP seems to hold in such esteem. Although, it is kind of interesting in some ways trying to figure out which neurosis(s) is at play here.

I agree with you in principle JT but, I also think that the vast majority of people here are forum literate (here and other forums) and understand how an ignore function works..

I disagree. I think most posters here have never used the ignore list even once and thus couldn't know exactly how it works when it is used. It's just a tool. That's all.

Every member / everybody has a right to their opinion so long as it doesn,t intentionally harm or offend others.

Everbody has a right to ignore whoever or whatever they do not like or agree with.

I personally do not need an ignore facilty button to make instant / automatic choices for myself and prefer to make my own decisions based on the content of a particular post.

Contrary to the belief of some, we are members of a mature adult forum and should act as such when making decisions, based on the subject matter.

A quick look at any post gives you the instant right to move on to other offerings.

Simple and effective, just like the television remote.

IMHO as always

marshbags

If you ignore, then you have lost. sad.png

Do you get the point: you can still read people on your ignore list. You can still respond to people on your ignore list. You have actually lost absolutely nothing. You have in fact gained a reminder that the ignored poster did something in the past that inspired you to put him on the list. That's all is has to be. Edited by Jingthing