How Many On Your Ignore List

krobert6

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ignore list would be empty if I removed ex girlfriends and ex wivescoffee1.gif

I wonder if there is a limit smile.png I have 20 already

At what stage do you stop calling it a list and refer to it as a directory? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'd like to be able to Ignore some of my recent topics; threads that I wish I'd never got involved in, but keep on popping up on my most recent theads, and I lack the discipline to avoid seeing what's going on, and feel obliged to wade through pages of bickering or spleen, on the off-chance that someone has posted something interesting. I suppose I should learn to better restrain my posting-finger.

I'm still interested to know how many Ignore lists I appear on...

SC

I'd like to be able to Ignore some of my recent topics; threads that I wish I'd never got involved in, but keep on popping up on my most recent theads, and I lack the discipline to avoid seeing what's going on, and feel obliged to wade through pages of bickering or spleen, on the off-chance that someone has posted something interesting. I suppose I should learn to better restrain my posting-finger.

SC

since no one is answering it would appear too many as they can not read your questiongiggle.gif

• Like 1

SC

I would like to know if there is a way to stop those threads popping up also....some are of no interest any more and they take up valuable real estate.

the point is i don't understand why caution would be required against words on a page.

Hint: moderation. As I mentioned, a large portion of the people on my ignore list got banned. Turns out they were indeed people you don't want to get into scrapes with, if you want to avoid the same fate. 'Nuff said. Not caution about the words. Caution about the PEOPLE behind the words and caution in the words you use responding to those people.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if many of them are banned, why keep them on your ignore list? Seems a bit pointless.

• Like 1

SC

I would like to know if there is a way to stop those threads popping up also....some are of no interest any more and they take up valuable real estate.

actually you can, just go to manage topics(in your profile) and unsubscribe

Congratulations for posting the only useful information on this entire thread. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

the point is i don't understand why caution would be required against words on a page.

Hint: moderation. As I mentioned, a large portion of the people on my ignore list got banned. Turns out they were indeed people you don't want to get into scrapes with, if you want to avoid the same fate. 'Nuff said. Not caution about the words. Caution about the PEOPLE behind the words and caution in the words you use responding to those people.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if many of them are banned, why keep them on your ignore list? Seems a bit pointless.

The only reason I even KNOW they are banned is when I periodically CLEAN UP my ignore list. Then when I see on the list the members that are banned, I then delete the banned members. That's what I meant by cleaning up the list. It isn't really necessary to do so which is why I so rarely bother.

OK, now I realize you really didn't understand me at all. As I previously mentioned, the only reason I will put someone on the list is if they are very prickly and pest-like to me ... personally. In other words -- what some people call BAITING behavior. I am human. I am baitable so I have to watch out for posters like that. If they aren't dealt with with CAUTION you can put yourself at risk of meeting their same fate IF you fall for their BAITING tricks ... high chance of being banned. The ignore indication gives me a hint that I need to be cautious around those members. I do read and reply to ignored posters. I really only want a RED FLAG indicator to serve the real purpose that I use the ignore feature for.

I understand my situation, having so many members over the years personally bait me relentlessly is not typical, and my use of the ignore feature not typical either. Yes often they are the same members. The banned members often DO come back and start their schtick all over again, ending up on the same list.

Another point: no, members are NOT notified automatically of being ignored. Many years of experience has taught me these lessons:

-- Do not PM a member that you have ignored them

-- Do not post in a post that you have ignored them

In the majority of cases, if you ignore for the reasons I do (baiters) they will massively overreact to this notice on the forum, so basically what you might think as a polite courtesy BACKFIRES.

Take that advice or not.

Edited by Jingthing

The only reason I even KNOW they are banned is when I periodically CLEAN UP my ignore list. I mentioned this before on this thread, the thing about cleaning up the list so no I don't take it the wrong way, because you didn't get the point, it's you who took it the wrong way. Then when I see on the list the members that are banned, I then delete the banned members. That's what I meant by cleaning up the list. It isn't really necessary to do so which is why I so rarely bother.

sounds like a part time job you have there.

The only reason I even KNOW they are banned is when I periodically CLEAN UP my ignore list. I mentioned this before on this thread, the thing about cleaning up the list so no I don't take it the wrong way, because you didn't get the point, it's you who took it the wrong way. Then when I see on the list the members that are banned, I then delete the banned members. That's what I meant by cleaning up the list. It isn't really necessary to do so which is why I so rarely bother.

sounds like a part time job you have there.

I hope youse all get it now.

He puts people on ignore so that he knows he can respond to them if he wishes to after reading their posts.

Edited by samsiam
  • Like 1

Jeesh, I never realised the politics behind all of this gubbons ! You people make life so complicated!blink.png

Do you mean all of us people, or just some arbitrary sub-set?

I think you meant "Y'all" - sorry, wrong thread; should've been posted here

SC

EDIT: Is it racist to use black font?

Andwhitabootleanin' taetheright, eh?

Jeesh, I never realised the politics behind all of this gubbons ! You people make life so complicated!blink.png

SC

Y'all it is, being one to keep on the right side of the PC group that prevails. Not wishing to enter into the convo of black on black, the black font is used for emphasis purposes only within this context!

Do you fancy joining my group btwintheclub.gif I am a bit short of takersrolleyes.gif

Edited by edwinclapham

SC

Y'all it is, being one to keep on the right side of the PC group that prevails. Not wishing to enter into the convo of black on black, the black font is used for emphasis purposes only within this context!

Do you fancy joining my group btwintheclub.gif I am a bit short of takersrolleyes.gif

I've never understood what PC meant. I guess must be some sort of Cowboy from somewhere else.

I thought i was already signed up for the cricket team...

SC

TV Cricket

Show us your knees!

• Like 2

Would you like to be on my waiting list for my group of one? I have placed a limit on the size of the group. It is one.

Well JT lucky that one member is not theblether ... he just seems to be everywhere.

So, if you are true to your policy of not posting on threads that have your 'ignored member' on it (and that was theblether) ... it would really cramp your prolific writing style ... biggrin.png

Would you like to be on my waiting list for my group of one? I have placed a limit on the size of the group. It is one.

Well JT lucky that one member is not theblether ... he just seems to be everywhere.

So, if you are true to your policy of not posting on threads that have your 'ignored member' on it (and that was theblether) ... it would really cramp your prolific writing style ... biggrin.png

Edited for clarification

Huh? Not posting on threads with an ignored member? Who said that?

Edited for clarification

Huh? Not posting on threads with an ignored member? Who said that?

It was worth a try, David