Bf Brings Duchshand Pet

Buki

hi, my boyfriend will be bring our pet duchshand next month. What does he need to prepare and how much money do we need to pay. and what is best way to go through the process without any hassles.

We brought our dogs in 2004 from the Netherlands. We only needed the rabiescertificate and a certificate of health (it was legalised by the Dutch cattle & meat government department. I don't know if you have such an organisation in your country). The dog will arrive on the bagagebelt where you collect him and then go to the vetoffice at the airport (near to the bagagebelt). They only took the papers and we could take the dogs! No money involved! I don't know if they have changed the rules by now. Good luck!

hi, my boyfriend will be bring our pet duchshand next month. What does he need to prepare and how much money do we need to pay. and what is best way to go through the process without any hassles.

We brought our dogs in 2004 from the Netherlands. We only needed the rabiescertificate and a certificate of health (it was legalised by the Dutch cattle & meat government department. I don't know if you have such an organisation in your country). The dog will arrive on the bagagebelt where you collect him and then go to the vetoffice at the airport (near to the bagagebelt). They only took the papers and we could take the dogs! No money involved! I don't know if they have changed the rules by now. Good luck!

thanks for sharing. I also read somewhere in this forum that they paid some fees (5oo baht) and there was another one that states that if your pet as excess baggage, you dont need to pay import fees and other fees.

I have a question, where you vacationing on a specific number of days (less than 6 months?) I read that if you are, you dont need to pay some fees but if you are staying for more than six months, you need to pay something.

i'm bit confused.

thanks for sharing. I also read somewhere in this forum that they paid some fees (5oo baht) and there was another one that states that if your pet as excess baggage, you dont need to pay import fees and other fees.

I have a question, where you vacationing on a specific number of days (less than 6 months?) I read that if you are, you dont need to pay some fees but if you are staying for more than six months, you need to pay something.

i'm bit confused.

I can understand the confusion, because we had asked around so much that we didn't know what to do anymore! :o

Our dogs travelled as excess bagage, not cheap about 50 euro per kilo! No import fees or what so ever. If you send them as cargo, it is much cheaper but the dog might not be on the same plane! :D Maybe then you will need to pay import fee? By the way, we live in Thailand, so not on vacation, but they didn't ask us about it at the vetoffice on the airport.

i'm bit confused.

I can understand the confusion, because we had asked around so much that we didn't know what to do anymore! :o

Our dogs travelled as excess bagage, not cheap about 50 euro per kilo! No import fees or what so ever. If you send them as cargo, it is much cheaper but the dog might not be on the same plane! :D Maybe then you will need to pay import fee? By the way, we live in Thailand, so not on vacation, but they didn't ask us about it at the vetoffice on the airport.

i know. So many people are saying this and that. 50 euros per kilo? Wow. thats mighty expensive. I did try to check my airline carrier, its about $9 per kilo. I got mini dachshund, so she will probably weigh plus the cage, about 12 kilos or something.

I will have to arrange for him to arrive on a weekday on a morning or afternoon, where their thaivet is around. I heard stories about arriving very late, and the thaivet was already off. So passanger had to get a private vet to check her pets, and got more expensive that it is. :D