Where To Buy Material To Make A Fish Weigh Sling?

kawapower

I have Been to many fishing shops here and none of them sell anything to do with fish care as in the sport fishing, looked at getting from the UK but most do not deliver here, so I will have to make myself, where can I buy Pool liner(think pool liner will be to thick though) would be better to find the same stuff they make waterproof diving bags from? Also webbing straps will be needed.

maybe you try the canvas shop opposite the ptt station on chaofa east, they can stitch it together

Voted # 1 aka TMT canvas. Take a drawing of what you want. They'll probably use HD vinyl with welded seams + whatever else you want,webbing etc: Pockets to slide in carrier poles, whatever. Nice young Thai manageress speaks better English than most. They've done work for me for over 15 years from when they were on Koh Siray. Like everywhere good, measure twice, cut once might cost a little more but peanuts in the long run. Highly recommended.

Super Cheap Charlies won't make it for you. may have the bits but no ultrasonic welding process

Tight lines.

maybe you try the canvas shop opposite the ptt station on chaofa east, they can stitch it together

Voted # 1 aka TMT canvas. Take a drawing of what you want. They'll probably use HD vinyl with welded seams + whatever else you want,webbing etc: Pockets to slide in carrier poles, whatever. Nice young Thai manageress speaks better English than most. They've done work for me for over 15 years from when they were on Koh Siray. Like everywhere good, measure twice, cut once might cost a little more but peanuts in the long run. Highly

Super Cheap Charlies won't make it for you. may have the bits but no ultrasonic welding process

Tight lines.

Thanks for that, where are TMT canvas located?

Voted # 1 aka TMT canvas. Take a drawing of what you want. They'll probably use HD vinyl with welded seams + whatever else you want,webbing etc: Pockets to slide in carrier poles, whatever. Nice young Thai manageress speaks better English than most. They've done work for me for over 15 years from when they were on Koh Siray. Like everywhere good, measure twice, cut once might cost a little more but peanuts in the long run. Highly recommended.

Tight lines.

sorry, i just used the word stitch, they do all you mention, speak english and this guy (btw somchai) is a artist wthen it comes to draw up in front of you geting your idea on paper.

anyway, best is try booth shops, just thought this one is easy to find.

Thanks I have found TMT via google. Will be going this morning to find out about having the weigh sling made.

Cheers.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a fishing weight sling

When you catch a fish and need to weigh it you can do so safely with a weigh sling.

post-150763-0-31003100-1341974474_thumb.

Ever thought of using a canvas bag with a few holes in the bottom to drain the water?

Or even use something like this?

post-18822-0-00265100-1341982238_thumb.j

It's threads like this that make my day.rolleyes.gif

So you think the scales you have shown is suitable for fish up to and over 100kgs? You think a canvas bag is suitable and safe for fish up to and over 100 kgs? It's answers like yours that also make my day!!

Ever thought of using a canvas bag with a few holes in the bottom to drain the water?

Or even use something like this?

post-18822-0-00265100-1341982238_thumb.j

It's threads like this that make my day.rolleyes.gif

So you think the scales you have shown is suitable for fish up to and over 100kgs? You think a canvas bag is suitable and safe for fish up to and over 100 kgs? It's answers like yours that also make my day!!

No I don't, I said "something like this". I based the particular illustration on what I thought you were most likely to catch locally. I could've shown something like this:

post-18822-0-38962600-1341987562_thumb.j

I would be most interested to see pics of the 100kg+ fish you're catching near Phuket, and, in particular, you wrestling said fish into a sling when it's alive and kicking! ohmy.png

Sorry old croc I should have mentioned I do not fish in Phuket, I travel North, believe it or not these huge fish do not struggle that much when out of the water, as you can imagine it is difficult getting them out of the water in the first place, luckily there are always other people around ready to help!!

My biggest so far is 60lb, my friends have had 120lb and 100lb there are much bigger in the lake!!

Edited by kawapower

Sorted now, sling is being made, fish care is important so you need the correct equipment!!

What means fish care in sport fishing?

Sorted now, sling is being made, fish care is important so you need the correct equipment!!

I am talking about freshwater fishing catch and release, sea fishing is completely different!!

I am talking about freshwater fishing catch and release, sea fishing is completely different!!

My experiences of fishing is restricted to the times when I was kid. Got an fish, brought it to grandmother who made soup out of it. So I do not understand your answer of differences between freshwater and sea fishing when asked about fish care of sport fishing..please explain.

The fish you catch whilst sea fishing is mostly eaten, so obviously fish care is not going to be of great importance, freshwater fishing catch and release(you return the fish back into the water, is important, if you harm the fish through negligence it will die, the more fish that die in a lake due to improper handling will harm the fishing for others!!

Many people do not care about the fish, I have seen fish being thrown 10mtrs into the water, people dropping fish on to concrete, kicking the fish back into the water etc this is improper handling!!

Edited by kawapower

The fish you catch whilst sea fishing is mostly eaten, so obviously fish care is not going to be of great importance, freshwater fishing catch and release(you return the fish back into the water, is important, if you harm the fish through negligence it will die, the more fish that die in a lake due to improper handling will harm the fishing for others!!

Ok. Thanks. Although I don't understand why people wants to catch and release the fish. Fishing for eating is ok, but just play a while with an fish and then release it do not make sense.

you are fishing, but you dont eat the fish?

why do you take it out of the water? only to weigh it? and then throw it in again?

It's a sport which millions of people enjoy!! The fish are taken out of the water to be photographed and weighed, hopefully returned unharmed!! Horses for courses, many people enjoy catching fish from the sea and eating them, many people just enjoy catching the fish and returning them after a picture etc unharmed.

Take a look at magazines or on the Internet to see the sort of fish that are caught and released.

Edited by kawapower

i apologize, but the thai-island-murders reminded me of the nepal murders, because i believe the guy is at this time of the year (after the last murder in the beginning of june) as usual out of the country... and i thought, he could be here?

after an intense "profiling" on the nepalese cases some time ago, i came to the conclusion, that he is in fishing sports and that he (in most cases) wraps his victims into foil and weighs them down in the river (or lake)...

so, i came to this threat, when someone was asking for foil and wrapping things... ermm.gif

is this sport usually done from a boat?

i would think big fish are not close to the shores?