Led Photography Lighting

Was wondering if anyone has used LED photography lights and how capable are they for color accuracy. I am looking at a portable light source to attach to my GH2 for both fill lighting and indoor lighting both video and stills. I saw this one on B&H Photo but seems the color temperature is only 3200K and 5600K which may or may not satisfy general use. B&H LED Light. Some of the LED lights there have crazy prices though. The first one below seems to be targeting video mode dSLRs which is where I would primarily be wanting to use it. It's $89.95, the 2nd one around $169.00

783706.jpg

Another style:

863682.jpg

This article suggest that you will be OK with the colour temperature

but I think I would want to try it before spending my money

Thanks for that, does look like it is fine. Will have to look around Chiang Mai to see who has LED style and bring my camera along. Just looked for a Youtube clip to see how it works.

I'm on my iPhone right now so I can't be bothered to multitask and find the models in question, but the led light panels trump the old tv-style spotlight.

Larger, softer light with better consistent temperature when dimming. However temperatures are not always consistent across-brands. Which can sometimes be an advantage as long as you keep track of which one is warmer by how much.

There were a couple models I used that had a temperature dimmer that would warm up the LEDs manually, and that was a neat alternative to gelling. Pricier though.

Another thing to consider is battery. I preferred the AAs to keep consistent with my flashes but a few colleagues swore by the Sony li-ions that held better charges and were neater to install.