Great Year For Mangos

buadhai

I've had mango trees pretty much my whole adult life, but I've never seen mango trees flowering and setting fruit like this year.

Our mango tree started flowering several months ago and we've already had some fruit. It is still producing flowers and has dozens of ripening fruit. Last year this same tree didn't bear fruit until May or June and then we only had half a dozen or so. (And, they weren't that good.)

Must be something with this year's weather because every tree I've seen so far in this area is going wild.

Can't wait to start porking out on khao niao mamuang....

I've had mango trees pretty much my whole adult life, but I've never seen mango trees flowering and setting fruit like this year.

Our mango tree started flowering several months ago and we've already had some fruit. It is still producing flowers and has dozens of ripening fruit. Last year this same tree didn't bear fruit until May or June and then we only had half a dozen or so. (And, they weren't that good.)

Must be something with this year's weather because every tree I've seen so far in this area is going wild.

Can't wait to start porking out on khao niao mamuang....

How do you get the pesky birds from having a feast on them whilst the fruit are maturing? I have a number of trees in my garden, but have only one mango in the centre where the dozens of small birds I chase away every day can't get at. Lots of flowers and mini fruit, but they all get picked off. :o

How do you get the pesky birds from having a feast on them whilst the fruit are maturing? I have a number of trees in my garden, but have only one mango in the centre where the dozens of small birds I chase away every day can't get at. Lots of flowers and mini fruit, but they all get picked off. :o

So far, it hasn't been a problem. No birds eating the fruit. However, a few have been stolen by passers by. :D

I don't think you can do much about the birds. Perhaps some of those metallic streamers that the rice farmers would do the trick.

We aimed the web cam at the tree, but couldn't catch the human pests!