Where Do I Sit?

krobert6

Where do I sit?

On your butt!

Seriously, would there be any danger of putting some more information in your posts?

You're asking for help, so at least try and make it easier for people

who can help you by putting some info in the 2nd line. It's been viewed

over a 100 times and this has been the only reply.

Topics like this one and one of your others titled "How long", really help

no-one.

It's not that hard.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

I think Will27's post meant to emphasize the importance of better defing the topic title, so we don't waste our time opening topics not of interest to us. However, "sitting" for an exam in an excepted way of descrinbing taking an exam, and the op needs directions.

I think Will27's post meant to emphasize the importance of better defing the topic title, so we don't waste our time opening topics not of interest to us. However, "sitting" for an exam in an excepted way of descrinbing taking an exam, and the op needs directions.

thanks One Zero, this member has had a go before and I now have hime on ignore.

• Like 1

Where do I sit?

On your butt!

Seriously, would there be any danger of putting some more information in your posts?

no-one.

It's not that hard.

Regards

Will

Seems to me that Robert is asking for information. The question gives all the information that a potential poster requires.

So here goes!!

As far as I am aware, you sit your motorbike/car tests at the same place where we obtain our licences.

Driving north out of town on the highway, cross over the bridge that spans the Mekok and turn right at the traffic lights on the other side of the bridge.

Go straight till you reach the next set of lights/intersection. A left turn there would take you to the airport. But you want to go straight on. after about a kilometer, the 2nd large building on your right is where you want to be.

Unfortunately, at the moment there are roadworks at the traffic lights after the bridge. And you may not be able to turn right. So an alternative way is to turn right at the King Meng Rai statue, drive past the sports stadium and turn left at the new intersection/lights there. then go right at the next intersection. Same again, 2nd big building on your right..

If you are not sure which building, just ask when you are in the vicinity for "khon song"(sp) You will get there.

If you already Have a bike licence they may not require you to sit the test.

Cannot remember the requirements for the car licence as it has been a few years since I got mine Robert. It may be the case that you need to have a 1 year visa to obtain your car licence(non "O" or similar). Perhaps somebody else can clarify this.

Hope this helps,

C35B.wai.gif

P.s. Its strange that you send Robert your regards after telling him to sit on his butt

• Like 2

thanks One Zero, this member has had a go before and I now have hime on ignore.

Hi krobert,

I had a quick flit through Google and nothing much popped up in the ChaingRai region. Why not give these people a buzz, they for sure would know what, how and when I would have thought.

http://crsaddlebags.com/contact.html

Good luck and let us know how you got on.

Eddie

Where do I sit?

On your butt!

no-one.

It's not that hard.

Regards

Will

Seems to me that Robert is asking for information. The question gives all the information that a potential poster requires.

So here goes!!

As far as I am aware, you sit your motorbike/car tests at the same place where we obtain our licences.

Driving north out of town on the highway, cross over the bridge that spans the Mekok and turn right at the traffic lights on the other side of the bridge.

Go straight till you reach the next set of lights/intersection. A left turn there would take you to the airport. But you want to go straight on. after about a kilometer, the 2nd large building on your right is where you want to be.

Unfortunately, at the moment there are roadworks at the traffic lights after the bridge. And you may not be able to turn right. So an alternative way is to turn right at the King Meng Rai statue, drive past the sports stadium and turn left at the new intersection/lights there. then go right at the next intersection. Same again, 2nd big building on your right..

If you are not sure which building, just ask when you are in the vicinity for "khon song"(sp) You will get there.

Cannot remember the requirements for the car licence as it has been a few years since I got mine Robert. It may be the case that you need to have a 1 year visa to obtain your car licence(non "O" or similar). Perhaps somebody else can clarify this.

Hope this helps,

C35B.wai.gif

P.s. Its strange that you send Robert your regards after telling him to sit on his butt

Thanks C35B - very much appreciated

Where do I sit?

On your butt!

no-one.

It's not that hard.

Regards

Will

Seems to me that Robert is asking for information. T

Where do I sit?

On your butt!

no-one.

It's not that hard.

Regards

Will

So here goes!!

Hope this helps,

C35B.wai.gif

So here goes!!

Hope this helps,

C35B.wai.gif

We will have to agree to disagree C35B.

The question of "where do I sit" gives no info at all.

The information came after the post was opened.

If the question "where do I sit my drivers licence in Chiang Rai",

was posted, those who cannot help don't have to open the post

Regards

Will

PS I admit to being some-what facetious but there was no malice in the post.

Edited by Will27

If you are expecting well thought out and detailed information provided in a gracious manner, shouldn’t you hold yourself to the same standards?wink.png

I thought I was... Just because the title was a bit of a teaser does not mean it was not. I think there are many members here just ready to jump into bitch/whinge mode as soon as someone does not conform to their standards. Did it really do any harm?

I sat for my Car and Motorbike License Renewal last week. I needed 2 copies Passport (photo page and Visa page) and same for my Tabian Ban (Yellow Book). Had to do the Stop Light test and then sit for 1 boring hour watching the Road Traffic Law Video. Good again for 5 years.

I sat for my Car and Motorbike License Renewal last week. I needed 2 copies Passport (photo page and Visa page) and same for my Tabian Ban (Yellow Book). Had to do the Stop Light test and then sit for 1 boring hour watching the Road Traffic Law Video. Good again for 5 years.

Thanks Gary - for 5 years it was probably worth it

Thanks Gary - for 5 years it was probably worth it

Like American Express Card advert " Cant leave home without it". hahahaaha

I’m with Will on this one. Having long been a proponent of intelligent questions, I find robert’s posting style lacking in both form and substance. When questioned he immediately blocks people and boasts of have dozens of people on his list to date.

I might suggest trying a little harder to be agreeable when one is obviously in such dire and frequent need of assistance.wink.pngbiggrin.png

I have found that there are many quality members on this site that graciously provide well thought out and detailed information on requests for help without being obnoxious or condescending.

To those who provide the information without the traits mentioned I say a big THANK YOU, to those who have to 'big noise' themselves I say no thanks.

I thought the post was rather clear in its intent although I admit I thought the user was using second language English.

I go to a place in Thoeng, maybe there's a more rural place near you. the advantages are that they are not quite used to farangs and you may forego the 1 hour traffic Law Video and just do the 5 minute traffic light test. smile.png

Edited by jubby

I’m with Will on this one. Having long been a proponent of intelligent questions, I find robert’s posting style lacking in both form and substance. When questioned he immediately blocks people and boasts of have dozens of people on his list to date.

I might suggest trying a little harder to be agreeable when one is obviously in such dire and frequent need of assistance.wink.pngbiggrin.png

I have found that there are many quality members on this site that graciously provide well thought out and detailed information on requests for help without being obnoxious or condescending.

To those who provide the information without the traits mentioned I say a big THANK YOU, to those who have to 'big noise' themselves I say no thanks.

I thought the post was rather clear in its intent although I admit I thought the user was using second language English.

:)

I go to a place in Thoeng, maybe there's a more rural place near you. the advantages are that they are not quite used to farangs and you may forego the 1 hour traffic Law Video and just do the 5 minute traffic light test. smile.png

I will

look into that.

Thank god for helpful members

They make you watch the entire video in Thoeng, at least they did last month.wink.png

OK , I was just wondering..... still seems strange.... the ignoring goes on anyway, I'm sure smile.png

anyway, see if there's a place in Chang Saen wink.png

I will try that Jubby - I will have a word with the wife's brother in law who is an official here

Edited by krobert6

When I first applied in Chiang Rai DLT for my drivers licenses for motorcycle & passenger car, I had to sit through the supposed 1 hour instruction video which was in English. I was pulled out of it about 30 minutes later for the reaction test. The shortened time frame I feel was just a tick in the box by the evaluator to say that I had seen the video. Since I already had foreign licenses and an IDP there was no requirement for a road test.

One of the most notable moments of the video (which had me in stitches) was the painted, pedestrian islands in the middle of the road. The video quite clearly said that this was a safe zone for pedestrians. No sooner had it sad that, then a Songtau and a Tuk-Tuk took a short cut straight through it.

• Like 1

When I first applied in Chiang Rai DLT for my drivers licenses for motorcycle & passenger car, I had to sit through the supposed 1 hour instruction video which was in English. I was pulled out of it about 30 minutes later for the reaction test. The shortened time frame I feel was just a tick in the box by the evaluator to say that I had seen the video. Since I already had foreign licenses and an IDP there was no requirement for a road test.

One of the most notable moments of the video (which had me in stitches) was the painted, pedestrian islands in the middle of the road. The video quite clearly said that this was a safe zone for pedestrians. No sooner had it sad that, then a Songtau and a Tuk-Tuk took a short cut straight through it.

lol thanks Garry - I am looking forward to the test now :)

must be one local, and do get back to us , I'd be interested to know wether you had to sit that Video.

// Baiting comments removed. //

Sorry Jubby, be assured I do not - only in retaliation for those type of comments