Women Robbed At Gunpoint On New Jomtien Second Road

Rimmer

Money and Gold taken in armed robbery on new Jomtien Second Road

PATTAYA:--On Friday afternoon two women were robbed at gunpoint on the new Jomtien Second Road.

Khun Chompoonoot aged 33 reported the crime at Dongtan Police Sub-Station on Jomtien Beach and explained how she was on her way to the bank with 120,000 Baht in cash on her motorbike when a man drove up beside her and produced a gun. He demanded all cash and valuables should be handed over.

The cash along with a Gold necklace and mobile phone were given over. The assailant then drove off in the direction of Sattahip. The victim reported the bike used by the armed suspect was a Grey Honda Wave with no license plate.

Full story:http://www.pattayaon...y-jomtien-road/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-07-13

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Police are now urgently hunting for the armed suspect who Police fear, will strike again if not caught.

Need to get that 120k before it's all spent. rolleyes.gif

Inside job by the sound of it.

Probably, but I'm sure Inspector Morse, CSI, Miss Marples and crew will be along shortly to tell us who dunnit, I'll start with boyfreind or husband.coffee1.gif

This town is going to the dogs! Not exclusive to Pattaya or Thailand though. Anybody who keeps up to date with news from around the globe will know that this sort of thing is the norm everywhere now. Everyone is at it, politicians, bankers, grab what you can, fill your boots, no example is being set by those who should know better. It is fast becoming a case of every man for themselves. Very sad.

Presumably this was market stall or shop takings or similar being taken to the bank, and presumably she did it often enough for people to get to know about it.

Even so, armed robbery in broad daylight on Jomtien 2nd Rd strikes a bit close to home; I walk along there most days to get my lunch. I hope that at least it was the semi-deserted part at the south end rather than the busy part near the north end.

I think if the police check in with this girl in a few days they will see that somehow her gold necklace will have mysteriously made it's way back around her neck and she will be sporting a new iPhone 4s

Presumably this was market stall or shop takings or similar being taken to the bank, and presumably she did it often enough for people to get to know about it.

Even so, armed robbery in broad daylight on Jomtien 2nd Rd strikes a bit close to home; I walk along there most days to get my lunch. I hope that at least it was the semi-deserted part at the south end rather than the busy part near the north end.

I would say it was planned. Time of day, quiet location, no number plate, gun.... they knew what they were after.

I think if the police check in with this girl in a few days they will see that somehow her gold necklace will have mysteriously made it's way back around her neck and she will be sporting a new iPhone 4s

That would be an interesting twist.

An ex-gf was robbed and kidnapped in the Philippines about 10 years ago. She just happened to be on her way to the bank to deposit about 1/4 million peso (so the story goes) when the kidnappers got her. I was in Australia at the time and the kidnappers were texting me... "money or she die". I told them they can kill her.

• Like 1

An ex-gf was robbed and kidnapped in the Philippines about 10 years ago. She just happened to be on her way to the bank to deposit about 1/4 million peso (so the story goes) when the kidnappers got her. I was in Australia at the time and the kidnappers were texting me... "money or she die". I told them they can kill her.

Well played.

Is that why she is an ex-girlfriend?

Well played.

Is that why she is an ex-girlfriend?

Yes, but not because they killed her.