Dream Box Satellite Tv

CMNightRider

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While shopping for a new satellite system last week we were told that the Dream Box will no longer work after 15 July 2012.... due to True changing Satellites.

We have no idea if this is true or not, but I guess everyone will find out in the next day or so.

We ended up purchasing the Supernet HD Box.

About four months ago I wanted to get a Dreambox installed at my house and when I finally got the Thai installer guy to come he said that instead of Dreambox had a new box called "Openbox" which was "newer". I dont know anything about this stuff so I said OK. The Openbox has been great, gets all of the True Platinum channels plus several in HD. I hear that Dreambox will no longer work after next week. I dont know if that applies to this "Openbox" also. Does anybody else know?

We got in touch with our mechanic and seller of dreambox when I saw the thread that all dreamboxes are going to be shut down and what he told me was simply that the old dreamboxes were going to be useless after the 16th but the HD boxes were still going to be fine. We have had a HD dreambox for the past 11 months and everything is still working great.

True has announced that there will be no signal for anyone, between 11pm and 9am tomorrow (I think I read it right). They say it's because they are changing their system or something like that........will be interesting to see this thread after 9am tomorrow,

It was on that ticker tape thingy and see George's post below.

Edited by uptheos

Apparently the encryption has improved. And to a level that makes it unlikely to crack it in the usual ways.

I can see alternative ways to get the same content to a TV screen near you of course, but that may take some time to come up with something convenient.

As said earlier, we have the dreambox HD but unfortunately it seems to have stopped working this morning. Havent really had too much of a chance to re scan the programmes but will do so later and see if its on but as yet, I can say that the Dreambox HD seems to be not working.

Falcon

The HD Dreambox suppose to still work, anyone have one and is it working?

Mine works fine for the non-premium channels.

Not that it gets used for anything except Lakorn Tv, since our village got internet.

Trues quality sucks big time, I use the internet to download HD everything.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I went with the pirates when UBC (now True ) would not pay back my

4K deposit that I had from when they were IBC, so in the end I got more

than my 4K back, but now its gone!, but not to worry, go to plan B

Last night streamed,Garrows Law,Wallender,AFV, Burn Notice to

my LED tv, picked what I wanted to watch and when ,

regards Worgeordie

Even if you wanted to come clean and sign up for True, it probably couldn't have been done yesterday. Went by the True office a couple times at Kad Suan Kaew and the place was mobbed with angry-looking Thai people, standing around because there's really no place to sit. They had four or five staffers behind the counter and they looked very, very busy.

Even if you wanted to come clean and sign up for True, it probably couldn't have been done yesterday. Went by the True office a couple times at Kad Suan Kaew and the place was mobbed with angry-looking Thai people, standing around because there's really no place to sit. They had four or five staffers behind the counter and they looked very, very busy.

Most likely they were demanding to know how much compensation they would get for the 10 hours True was down.........or they were all complaining that their dreambox isn't working. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

I dropped in to check on moving my telephone service over to True, and they were so rattled they asked me to please go see DTAC.