BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
CMNightRider

Dream Box Satellite Tv

No.

Also with a dreambox you need to make a distinction if the satellite signal is lost, or the server connection. Or that the think just locked up.

No.

Also with a dreambox you need to make a distinction if the satellite signal is lost, or the server connection. Or that the think just locked up.

Okay thanks.

While shopping for a new satellite system last week we were told that the Dream Box will no longer work after 15 July 2012.... due to True changing Satellites.

We have no idea if this is true or not, but I guess everyone will find out in the next day or so.

We ended up purchasing the Supernet HD Box.

About four months ago I wanted to get a Dreambox installed at my house and when I finally got the Thai installer guy to come he said that instead of Dreambox had a new box called "Openbox" which was "newer". I dont know anything about this stuff so I said OK. The Openbox has been great, gets all of the True Platinum channels plus several in HD. I hear that Dreambox will no longer work after next week. I dont know if that applies to this "Openbox" also. Does anybody else know?

If you are receiving True by any means other than paying for a regular subscription, expect your service to go down this weekend.

I read somewhere recently that True had found away to block its signals going to Dreambox - all to do with their signal leaking out that meant they couldn't show the European football championships.

I give it one week until an upgrade or replacement system is in place. People have too much money to lose.....

• Like 1

We got in touch with our mechanic and seller of dreambox when I saw the thread that all dreamboxes are going to be shut down and what he told me was simply that the old dreamboxes were going to be useless after the 16th but the HD boxes were still going to be fine. We have had a HD dreambox for the past 11 months and everything is still working great.

True has announced that there will be no signal for anyone, between 11pm and 9am tomorrow (I think I read it right). They say it's because they are changing their system or something like that........will be interesting to see this thread after 9am tomorrow,

It was on that ticker tape thingy and see George's post below.

Edited by uptheos

UPDATE:

All TrueVisions channels will go black from 11pm tonight. 9am Monday more HD channels will be added. Only TrueVisions legal HD boxes will be functional from Monday 9am.

Source: http://www.truevisio...ages/index.html (Thai language)

Does that mean everyone will be refunded for the 10 hrs lost viewing time!! whistling.gif

Does that mean everyone will be refunded for the 10 hrs lost viewing time!! whistling.gif

Well we did get a tiny rebate after the Euro 2012 fiasco, so you never know!

OpenBox S10 does not have all the hD channels and English programmes today !

Any heard about a solution ?

I had made a re-scan of programs etc. but the info text does not fir with the new channels settings etc.