Dream Box Satellite Tv

CMNightRider

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing!! You ve all been carping on for ages about how crappy True programming is, and yet some of you now seem excited at the possibility of getting a Vietnamese system with 30 Vietnamese channels, virtually no sport and certainly none of the BBC type channels!! Sounds like crap to me.......so admit it guys, the truth and reality is, youre all just a bunch of............

CHEAPSKATES!! Pathetic. Pay the price and get decent stuff. The Open and The Grand Prix in HD were AMAZING.......but of course, you highly principled lot (pirates to boot) would rather miss all that just to save a few hundred baht.

You are beyond belief, all of you!!!

Probably a fee. The Dreambox service fee for True content was about 200-250 baht per month. Also for the new setup I imagine someone needs to run a server somewhere, which isn't free. I hope it's cheaper though, 250 baht is kind of a lot every month.

That's more than 80 satang a day!

Edited by Thailand

CHEAPSKATES!! Pathetic. Pay the price and get decent stuff. The Open and The Grand Prix in HD were AMAZING.......but of course, you highly principled lot (pirates to boot) would rather miss all that just to save a few hundred baht.

It was AMAZING on Russia's 200px-Sport_1_rusTVchannel.png too. Which channel has F1 in HD by the way?

You can get a legal K+ box and card at a reasonable price - has anybody done it?

http://www.satthai.t...tcard_kplus.php

That's a good selection I have to say.. even ESPN and Start Sports. Just no EPL I suppose.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Amazing!! You ve all been carping on for ages about how crappy True programming is, and yet some of you now seem excited at the possibility of getting a Vietnamese system with 30 Vietnamese channels, virtually no sport and certainly none of the BBC type channels!! Sounds like crap to me.......so admit it guys, the truth and reality is, youre all just a bunch of............

No need to scream at people. Apparently you cant read very well. I watched the Open in HD last night also. BBC is on as I write this. I never complained about the True (Platinum) programming. I just refuse to pay 2000 Bt a month for it. I wont miss the 20 Thai channels nor do I care about the 30 Vietnamese ones. I am sure I'll more than enough football to suit me as well. I was watching too much of that last year anyway.

Any who have a channel list for this Vietnamese system ?

I am mostly interested in Discovery, Animal planet, History channel etc.

History Channel - would be interesting to see an account of the Vietnam war from a Vietnamese perspective.

I never heard anyone complain about "how crappy True programing is." True just charges too much for what they provide. I don't think there is any reason to get your panties all bunched up over this, lol.

I never heard anyone complain about "how crappy True programing is." True just charges too much for what they provide. I don't think there is any reason to get your panties all bunched up over this, lol.

Its 2000 baht here, thats 40 quid UK money. Do you know how much Sky is in UK including movies sports and free channels? 70 quid!!! ....and dont say its much better....it aint....I was in UK for 6 weeks recently!!

Its 2000 baht here, thats 40 quid UK money. Do you know how much Sky is in UK including movies sports and free channels? 70 quid!!! ....and dont say its much better....it aint....I was in UK for 6 weeks recently!!

Don't look now but we are in Thailand. Most people think 2000 baht a month for TV programing in Thailand, is a little over the top.

Don't look now but we are in Thailand. Most people think 2000 baht a month for TV programing in Thailand, is a little over the top.

.....like everything in Thailand should be cheaper than UK?! Are you real?! Have you tried buying a car, or wine, or many other western products here? Are they cheaper than back in UK? ( I dont need to answer that!!), so why should Satellite TV cost a pittance?????????

• Like 1

.....like everything in Thailand should be cheaper than UK?! Are you real?! Have you tried buying a car, or wine, or many other western products here? Are they cheaper than back in UK? ( I dont need to answer that!!), so why should Satellite TV cost a pittance?????????

You make a good point especially with the cars.

The word from my guy is that true is changing the code everyday so they can't get around it.

It's much more complex than that; there are several fundamental differences in the way the new True system works, which makes the piracy method previously used by Dreambox more or less impossible to implement.

For 2000B, you're getting a reasonable line up of western channels, and as they're western channels, you pay western prices. get over it.

I've got my GMM box. No monthly charge and a few English language channels. Bargain.

Hello!

Nds change the card every 5 years!

There are some company's in Taiwan selling true movie access over ip box stream!

You can watch them anywhere in the world!

Open box is a old receiver long time on the market!

For full package , every where in the world the coast are 50€ month!

Without many the cannot buy any programm rights !

On sky uk here in Europe is defenatly to much advertising!

And the movies are old!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

!!!

• Like 1

Hello!

Nds change the card every 5 years!

There are some company's in Taiwan selling true movie access over ip box stream!

You can watch them anywhere in the world!

Open box is a old receiver long time on the market!

For full package , every where in the world the coast are 50€ month!

Without many the cannot buy any programm rights !

On sky uk here in Europe is defenatly to much advertising!

And the movies are old!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

!!!

Check , Pound Sterling or Euro????

Since Hubby is a Vietnam War vet, I rather like the idea of pirating TV from the People's Republic of Vietnam. That channel list looks promising. We never watch sports anyway -- just movies, news and sometimes Discovery and History. The channel list looks better than WeTV, which is the only other game in town.

• Like 2

> No worries though, because all over Thailand, dream box crews are working on restoring

> Satellite TV at a reasonable price.

LOL........... anyone taking bets ! smile.png

I'll take that bet. Note that the key word here is 'Satellite TV'.

For 2000B, you're getting a reasonable line up of western channels, and as they're western channels, you pay western prices. get over it.

I've got my GMM box. No monthly charge and a few English language channels. Bargain.

I looked around the GMM site but it's horrible for finding anything. Do you know where I can find the channel list?

So to clarify, will I need a new dish if I wanted to use my Dreambox for the Vietnam signal, and keep my GMM Tv box for the Mrs and Thai TV?

They are different satellites, and these simple dishes don't typically have motors to move them on the fly. So either you get a second dish, or you get the Thai channels through a regular antenna on your roof.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote removed

I looked around the GMM site but it's horrible for finding anything. Do you know where I can find the channel list?

No idea, but I'm currently getting Eurosport and National Geographic with choice of Thai or English audio, others intermittently with English available.

They plan on charging for this but don't have a licence to do so yet.

Not an option for any serious TV watcher, but keeps the gf happy and givea me something for a few hours a week.

I think the pirates will have the new True cracked in six months (but maybe needing new equipment).

On the other hand IPTV (various flavours) seems to be proliferating at a tremendous rate, and may well kick Trues satellite arse.

True doesn't have anything I want, quicker (and better quality) to download US/UK movies/series in torrents.

I think the pirates will have the new True cracked in six months (but maybe needing new equipment).

On the other hand IPTV (various flavours) seems to be proliferating at a tremendous rate, and may well kick Trues satellite arse.

True doesn't have anything I want, quicker (and better quality) to download US/UK movies/series in torrents.

I was hoping the pirates could crack the code in less time but I think you are right. In the meantime, I sure miss my dream box. sad.png

I think the pirates will have the new True cracked in six months

Never say never, but I very much doubt it....

For True, and True's subscribers there is one major benefit of a secure conditional access system and that is availability of decent content. When it's known an operator has a compromised CA system many content providers are reluctant to provide content or even totally deny access to it (particularly in a country like Thailand). True has been in this situation for several years where they have not been able to get the best content, or have had to pay through the nose for it, simply because their system has been hacked and that content is not secure.

Now True should be in a position to negotiate for better content and eventually get a channel line up more in line with the prices they charge.