Dream Box Satellite Tv

CMNightRider

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a photo of the box I use. the cream cable in the back connects to my True dish, The black to another dish. White HDMI to my TV.

I have researched this some more and I don't think you are being honest with us. This box is used for gmm channels on Thiacom. I don't think you are getting the TRUE 17 HD channels and all the plat package.

You should do more "research" before you accuse someone of being dishonest. I have the same box and my guy reset it to the Vietnamese feed a couple of days after the True switch. It gets all of the channels sharex mentioned (plus Starsports). I ignore for now all the Vietnamese channels. I guess it has less than the True Platinum since it does not have all the True sports channels (or TCM) but for now its just fine. I will wait a few months and see how all this sorts out. Maybe the True Platinum will get hacked or maybe I will spring to pay for it (but I doubt it).

So now you are stating for the record that it does NOT get the TRUE HD channels like he insinuated? I asked him clearly what sat and he said TRUE. So now you are saying you don't get the TRUE plat channels on this box but the channels being offered on Vinesat with this box. Is that correct? And do you use internet with your box for CS or does the box do it all.

I asked many question from the OP before accusing him of being less than honest. I am already able to get all the vinesat channels. When he went off saying he pays one off fee for the hardware and gets the TRUE channels my ears perked up. Now the truth is coming to light that it's not all the TRUE channels he gets but the Vinesat channels.

Perhaps you should read back through his posts to see what he said and what I have asked before assuming he is being honest. Fact is, I'm more likely to assume he just doesn't know what he's talking about than actually being intentionally dishonest. Most folks that pay for pirate TV have no clue how to operate the remote more or less what sat they are actually pointed at or what provider they are watching. I'm now assuming that this guy is no different.

I sent him PM's trying to get him to confirm his info. He said he would post videos. There has been no follow through and I am reasonably CERTAIN that he is not viewing the plat or HD channels from that box alone. Are you standing up for him and saying he is? Why don't you then since you have the same box?

Edited by Jayman

Chiang Mai really is full of cheapskates.....or at least this section of Thaivisa is!!

Smiling again as I watch glorious High Definition Olympics coverage on almost 24 hours a day!!

Well done True, on this occasion you are a star!!

• Like 1

Chiang Mai really is full of cheapskates.....or at least this section of Thaivisa is!!

Smiling again as I watch glorious High Definition Olympics coverage on almost 24 hours a day!!

Yes yes..everyone in Thailand has free access to hd feeds for all the Olympic games thanks to YouTube. All the scheduling, each event, all live, and in multiple feed qualities.

Well done Google! Once again you prove to be a star in a country that is charging far too much for a product that is being legally offered for free.

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic

Edited by Jayman

I serious doubt if most of the people on Thai Visa can't afford True TV, and could be watching the Olympics in HD right now on True if they wanted. True charges way too much for what they provide. I have faith in the pirates ability to crack this new code and put the dream box people back in business soon.

I serious doubt if most of the people on Thai Visa can't afford True TV, and could be watching the Olympics in HD right now on True if they wanted. True charges way too much for what they provide. I have faith in the pirates ability to crack this new code and put the dream box people back in business soon.

I fail to see how " True charges way to much for what they provide " my current gold subscription works out to to near 50 Thai baht a a day or 1 GBP,have you any idea of the cost of Pay to view TV in the west,as I am subscribing to mostly western TV channels isn't it likely that the cost is going to be comparative to that back home,although its still slightly cheaper here.

Some people are just content on making excuses and cheating the system,whatever system that may be,I know people who use red diesel in the UK because fuel prices are to high,I know people who cheat the benefits system,I know people who cheat immigration,I know people who cheat fruit machines,I know people who deal drugs,I know people who evade tax,the list is endless,it's human nature to get something for nothing,the problem is that we all know 9 out of 10 times when we get something for nothing it's usually to good to be true or involves breaking the law.

My dreambox seems to have failed since last month. Don't know why?

Internet connection is up and good. Where did I connect wrong?

Call the guy that install it, he say, solutions will come in a few weeks time.

Understood, but so do most places charge too much for a small beer or sub standard snacks and that doesn't seem to be an issue.....plus a non cheap charlie tip of course. If people look at their daily spending, will they really miss 50 Baht from it for decent TV?........As you said most likely not. I'm harping on, because I heard this very same discussion in a bar where large Chang's were flowing freely........."it's the principle!"blink.png

True has announced that there will be no signal for anyone, between 11pm and 9am tomorrow

........will be interesting to see this thread after 9am tomorrow

It didn't disappoint. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

Is there any who there had the same problem ?

My Openbox can not see any True channals now, it is all scampled !

2 days ago i could see all the Thai programs and a few english ones.

Had tried to run a re-scan etc.

I was just watching Fox a few hours ago so unless something has changed recently then I'm not in the same boat as you.

I was just watching Fox a few hours ago so unless something has changed recently then I'm not in the same boat as you.

Please tell me that's Fox Movies and not Fox News. bah.gif

Understood, but so do most places charge too much for a small beer or sub standard snacks and that doesn't seem to be an issue.....plus a non cheap charlie tip of course. If people look at their daily spending, will they really miss 50 Baht from it for decent TV?........As you said most likely not. I'm harping on, because I heard this very same discussion in a bar where large Chang's were flowing freely........."it's the principle!"blink.png

It goes beyond principle. The pirates have to make a living too. If everyone did what Mr. Postman does and subscribe to True, then the pirates would be out of business. smile.png

It goes beyond principle. The pirates have to make a living too. If everyone did what Mr. Postman does and subscribe to True, then the pirates would be out of business. smile.png

Beyond principle and into the realms of philanthropy......yeah, that's OK. thumbsup.gif

Just for the record, I have no objections to whatever system anyone wants to use - I just can't be bothered with all the nonsense when it goes wrong......but hey if someone can get a good deal for 300 Baht good luck to them.

• Like 1

uptheos !!

If you read the whole thread will you see most of the lines are written about bad True service !

Not about all the pirates etc.

So the nonnesns is actually between all these who is trying to say it is ok to pay 2000-2500 baht a month for a lousy service !

Pirates doies not complain much, just a little sad it not there anymore, and waiting for a new solution !

All the real bad words had been used by paying subscribers with True !

uptheos !!

If you read the whole thread will you see most of the lines are written about bad True service !

So the nonnesns is actually between all these who is trying to say it is ok to pay 2000-2500 baht a month for a lousy service !

Pirates doies not complain much, just a little sad it not there anymore, and waiting for a new solution !

I don't pay that much, I have the gold package + BBC Entertainment.

If I've ever had a problem over the years it's got sorted out, like most other problems.

Sure I'd like it to be cheaper, I'd much prefer to put 10 Baht coin in my tin. smile.png

uptheos !!

I would like to see that quantified.... I generally turn the tv, it works. On the rare cases it does not, I call the call center , and a guy comes out and fixes it mostly the next day. Monday I had the dish moved as it was blocked by a tree which has grown. They told 500 baht for the visit, and 25 baht for every meter of coax.... 1150 baht in total..... Frig, u can't even buy a decent meal in oz for that in a restaurant .

So what's so bad?.... If u don't like the Programme line up, then why subscribe anyway. I have been on true visions for years, and if it's so bad, maybe time to get a reality check back home. My sister is constantly b^}^{%ching about Telstra.

Edited by skippybangkok

actually don't think TRUE has fox news... they have fox movies and fox. I am talking about the normal fox channel that shows stuff like simpsons.

and most of the reasons I don't pay for TRUE is the programming is garbage. I watch very little TRUE programming other than a few channels like history and discovery. Every show I want to watch is years behind on TRUE. I wake up in the morning and my TV has already downloaded all the shows I like to watch in perfect HD. Like The Daily show. Colbert. The Newsroom. Breaking Bad. Weeds. Modern Family. Simpsons. Workaholics. and so on....

You will not get this programming on TRUE no matter how many thb you put in the tin. All the Olympic coverage is FREE and in HD for all of Thailand to enjoy legally via youtube. I can even stream it live or recorded on my phone no matter where I am. All english. Every event. I can stream them live or watch an event I have missed. Doe TRUE give you that? Hell no. Also, my equipment doesn't get obsoleted every time true does an upgrade. I am still using the same equipment I have been for many years. None of my stuff is a paper weight. I have freedom to watch many different sat feeds. I have freedom to watch unedited NEW movies. I would much rather pay TRUE for my high speed internet which is a fraction of the price of their crappy sat service.

i have no issues with those of you that pay TRUE for sat. Most folks here have no clue how to program a VCR more or less stream content from the net. I am a tech geek and as such I love to play with such things. I find it a challenge to do things on the tech side that most only hear about. As for illegality... blah.. TIT after all.. Ever the local cable company here in Pattaya has 10 sat dishes on the roof and steals signal from all over and sells it via cable to their local customers.

Edited by Jayman

I haven't heard hardly anyone talk about the Vietnamese Sat TV. Just a few questions. Will my open box work getting the these channels? What needs to be done? Does the box needs to be reprogrammed? Still need an internet connection to work? Hasn't anyone switched from True to the Viet channels???

I haven't heard hardly anyone talk about the Vietnamese Sat TV. Just a few questions. Will my open box work getting the these channels? What needs to be done? Does the box needs to be reprogrammed? Still need an internet connection to work? Hasn't anyone switched from True to the Viet channels???

discussion of how to steal TV from vietnam is prohibited from discussion here. whistling.gif

discussion of how to steal TV from vietnam is prohibited from discussion here. whistling.gif

SO, what do you think has been going on throughout this thread from the beginning???

actually don't think TRUE has fox news... they have fox movies and fox. I am talking about the normal fox channel that shows stuff like simpsons.

and most of the reasons I don't pay for TRUE is the programming is garbage. I watch very little TRUE programming other than a few channels like history and discovery. Every show I want to watch is years behind on TRUE. I wake up in the morning and my TV has already downloaded all the shows I like to watch in perfect HD. Like The Daily show. Colbert. The Newsroom. Breaking Bad. Weeds. Modern Family. Simpsons. Workaholics. and so on....

You will not get this programming on TRUE no matter how many thb you put in the tin. All the Olympic coverage is FREE and in HD for all of Thailand to enjoy legally via youtube. I can even stream it live or recorded on my phone no matter where I am. All english. Every event. I can stream them live or watch an event I have missed. Doe TRUE give you that? Hell no. Also, my equipment doesn't get obsoleted every time true does an upgrade. I am still using the same equipment I have been for many years. None of my stuff is a paper weight. I have freedom to watch many different sat feeds. I have freedom to watch unedited NEW movies. I would much rather pay TRUE for my high speed internet which is a fraction of the price of their crappy sat service.

i have no issues with those of you that pay TRUE for sat. Most folks here have no clue how to program a VCR more or less stream content from the net. I am a tech geek and as such I love to play with such things. I find it a challenge to do things on the tech side that most only hear about. As for illegality... blah.. TIT after all.. Ever the local cable company here in Pattaya has 10 sat dishes on the roof and steals signal from all over and sells it via cable to their local customers.

............doth protest too much, methinks. wink.png

Enjoy your downloads.

SO, what do you think has been going on throughout this thread from the beginning???

Certainly not HOW to it.. Why do you think folks are asking? The discussion is that it can be done.. The "how" is prohibited.

Certainly not HOW to it.. Why do you think folks are asking? The discussion is that it can be done.. The "how" is prohibited.

Right, thanks. Maybe someone will PM me with some answers.

But we are in Thailand, and here can you eat 30 days for 1150 Baht at a street restaurant !

Also some of the most expensive cable i heart about, it cost 4-5 baht a meter in the local shop !

Errr..... I have not seen any locally produced BBC or Discovery. A bit like saying how come a Channel bag does not cost 4000 baht here..... Cause I can get a Thai meal her for 30 baht instead of 600 baht in the UK

I am really Pissed off with BMW 7 series, it should cost only 450,000 baht new as a meal is only 30 baht here

Wake up, your using western generated content.

Edited by skippybangkok

But we are in Thailand, and here can you eat 30 days for 1150 Baht at a street restaurant !

Also some of the most expensive cable i heart about, it cost 4-5 baht a meter in the local shop !

Errr..... I have not seen any locally produced BBC or Discovery. A bit like saying how come a Channel bag does not cost 4000 baht here..... Cause I can get a Thai meal her for 30 baht instead of 600 baht in the UK

I am really Pissed off with BMW 7 series, it should cost only 450,000 baht new as a meal is only 30 baht here

If you read again, would you see i was replying on 1150 Baht for a dish move compared to European food !

If you not know you had been pissed of for 1150 for moving a dish, you not know what is going on in Thailand !

Where the programs are made was not a part of that !!!

If you read again, would you see i was replying on 1150 Baht for a dish move compared to European food !

If you not know you had been pissed of for 1150 for moving a dish, you not know what is going on in Thailand !

Where the programs are made was not a part of that !!!

Non- comprende ... I think ur saying I am complaining about the tech fee ? ..... The visit fee was 500 baht. A taxi to my place one way from bts is already 150 one way....

The 1000+ baht not an issue