'Amazing Sandwich Shop'...My Review.

doppa

cornish pasties, crap, actual sandwich, crap...and they didn't even get the order right when i also asked them for 2 pieces of apple crumble, got home, no apple crumble!

so i guessed it saved me eating them to discover they were also crap.

so in a nutshell crap.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to go to Amazing sandwich quite often and i dont think they are crap. I think they are quite good, much better than Subway and a good compromise in price relevant to other supposed high end sandwich shops.

There aren't may places you can get sauces like pesto, honey mustard and garlic cream cheese. I like them, but they do have new employee pains every once in a while, give them another go.

I always get the sub though, i never get the flat breads.

My personal created and favorite sandwich I have been eating once in a while the last 8 years. A wholewheat burger bun with creme cheese, cheddar cheese, salami, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato and salt and pepper. Really a delicious sandwich so no complains. Here in Thailand I always repeat my orders several times and check the food when take away!

A group of friends and myself ordered a chicken pie each last night, along with chips.

We all agreed that the pies were very tasty, and the chips luverly and crispy!

After a high recommendation of their Chicken Pot Pies and being assured they are a real pie fully wrapped in a crust (w/no bottom to soak up the juices it's just not right) I gave it a try, not very good, disappointed again! I have not find any pies of that sort that are good here, tried another brand that get raves reviews on TV and it was so dry inside, a lot like hard starch. I'm sad and pieless.

I found the ingredients to be decent quality. Like another poster I've always ordered subs. The ability to make your own sandwich rather than having to go to a store and buy packets of each ingredient is very useful. Never tried any of their other items like pasty or pie though.

I'd go more often if they had parking close by.

At first there is no "Amazing Sandwich Shop", but an "Amazing Sandwich Restaurant" on Huey Kaew Rd...

So did they really copy the original and served bad food on another place?

Over long years now my experience with the original Amazing Sandwich is exact the opposite than the OP's...

Hmmmmm...whistling.gif

Last few times I've been, admittedly a while ago now as I voted with my feet, it was their special offers that put me off. A screaming brat and a bible reading free with every meal! Sorry, each to their own, but its just not my thing!

• Like 1

I am always impressed by someone who in reviewing can only use one word to describe everything.

Have always found Amazing Sandwich to be excellent. The staff has always been efficient and attentive.

The order form is extremely easy to use and everyting we ever ordered came as expected. The value

of sandwiches far exceeds Subway and the side orders are a hidden bargain. The cole slaw, beans or potato

salad portions are enough for a meal in themselves. Only a complete fool would take this other fool's review

seriously anyway.

After a high recommendation of their Chicken Pot Pies and being assured they are a real pie fully wrapped in a crust (w/no bottom to soak up the juices it's just not right) I gave it a try, not very good, disappointed again! I have not find any pies of that sort that are good here, tried another brand that get raves reviews on TV and it was so dry inside, a lot like hard starch. I'm sad and pieless.

The only place I have found on this planet to get a good Chicken Pot Pie or any other pot pie is Australia.

re ,

At first there is no "Amazing Sandwich Shop", but an "Amazing Sandwich Restaurant" on Huey Kaew Rd

i called it a shop as well : ) .. and it IS much better than any subway

aristide ... try it ... you wont be disapointed !

bad dave2 : (

post-42592-0-07990700-1342343132_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05999800-1342343398_thumb.j

• Like 1

Have walked past many times .... now I'll just have to go and try Amazing Sandwich! smile.png

Almost opposite, there's another sandwich shop and a new Burger joint ... anyone tried them?

The burger joint you mentioned has already changed format and now serves Thai style food. I'm not a burger fan, but Hubby tried it a time or two and said the burgers were fine, but he didn't appreciate sitting on the sidewalk in the hot sun breathing vehicle fumes when he could go to Mike's burgers in the basement of KSK and have airconditioning.

I have much the same complaint about Amazing Sandwich. I like the sandwiches, but they never seem to have their aircon set to a cool temp and I just don't like to sweat when I'm eating. So, I go to the Subway in the basement of KSK (once or twice a week), get a sub, and eat at one of those white tables positioned directly under an aircon outlet in front of the big glass windows near the Subway restaurant.

Edited by NancyL

At first there is no "Amazing Sandwich Shop", but an "Amazing Sandwich Restaurant" on Huey Kaew Rd...

So did they really copy the original and served bad food on another place?

Over long years now my experience with the original Amazing Sandwich is exact the opposite than the OP's...

Hmmmmm...whistling.gif

thats cos it your shop lol

I used to go to the Amazing Sandwhich thingy on Huay Kaew Road for a Sunday breakfast which for me was a good start to the day after a night on the booze but did notice after about 9am or so the place got full with ex pat church goer's would go after church and there was many an ex pat and Thai there also.

Maybe it could have changed but the staff were good and I did enjoy the food but it just got a little crowded which is good for them

I am not crazy about Amazing Sandwich or Subway. I would put them both in the OK for Thailand category. IMHO, it is the Duke's for hot sandwiches and Butter is Better for cold ones - although some other places might have a decent sandwich or two on the menu, but not a variety of good ones like they do.

OP is not up to the job. Go study Jingthing's reviews and try a different style of criticism....yours has had the opposite effect than you wanted to create.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by smokie36

Nothing special at all. Can make a much better sandwich at home. Sandwiches for the Thai palate.

Besides pointing out the obvious in comparison to just about any other restaurant that person would have the skills to 'outcook' ;

You will also be spending 4-5 times what you would have to in acquiring the ingredients to make that sandwich.

Saying that they are sandwiches for the Thai palate when they are custom made sandwiches in which YOU choose the toppings from an extensive list of farang ingredients, is not only a misleading statement but a fairly inaccurate one.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

Nothing special at all. Can make a much better sandwich at home. Sandwiches for the Thai palate.

Besides pointing out the obvious in comparison to just about any other restaurant that person would have the skills to 'outcook' ;

You will also be spending 4-5 times what you would have to in acquiring the ingredients to make that sandwich.

Saying that they are sandwiches for the Thai palate when they are custom made sandwiches in which YOU choose the toppings from an extensive list of farang ingredients, is not only a misleading statement but a fairly inaccurate one.

I never considered a sandwich as being related to the Thai palate. Perhaps if it has rice on it. As for cost much cheaper to do at home. You are not going to be able to buy two pieces of bread you have to buy the loaf just buy ingredients to make more than one sandwich.

I never considered a sandwich as being related to the Thai palate. Perhaps if it has rice on it. As for cost much cheaper to do at home. You are not going to be able to buy two pieces of bread you have to buy the loaf just buy ingredients to make more than one sandwich.

Anyone who has a fridge must surely have enough ingredients to make a sandwich, unless it's something special that you wouldn't keep at home, or the fridge is full of beer. I don't quite see the point of going out for a sandwich.

Anyone who has a fridge must surely have enough ingredients to make a sandwich, unless it's something special that you wouldn't keep at home, or the fridge is full of beer. I don't quite see the point of going out for a sandwich.

Not all sandwiches are created equal ;)

its a solid place for the money if you make a custom sandwich. the premades are not as good, imo.

also, their baked beans are pretty awful. however, ive never had good baked beans in thailand so...

Don't see the need for all the negative posts. It is what it is - useful sometimes (for me, at least).

If I'm across the street (and E. a bit) shopping - or nearby - and I feel lazy and want another squirt of air-con, plus the ability to select my western-type sandwich (at a relatively small price), I'll go (or for a familiar style of breakfast). Otherwise, not. For some, A. Sandwich offers familiarity and acquaintances as well. I do not go there for excellence or even v. good quality chow - only when plain is OK and relaxing. Grab a paper to read.

I have had from time to time to ask for further assistance in getting exactly what ordered, but so what? Where am us, after all?

After a while here in Chiang Mai, I've learned that for myself Thai food can be delicious, fairly healthy, and very cheap. Also, it's always true that I can save money and produce superior results at home, saving exceptional restaurants.