World Cup

Siam_superfly

World Cup  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Can Australia beat Japan...

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I hope they beat Japan. In fact I would like to see them go all the way in their group. I've got to support Australia. After all they are part of Great Britain. :D

Hi Lampard.....havent heard from u in awhile...thought that u where dead......and looking at ur pic ( maybe u are) :o ....

bring on the World Cup..... :D

Head to head Australia look the better team. Almost the whole squad plays in Europe compared to only a handful of the Japanese squad, however Japan has World Cup experience to their advantage. After watching Japan through the Asian qualification campaign they don't look the same team as 2002 and I fancy Australia to take 3 points from their opening match.

• 2 months later...
I hope they beat Japan. In fact I would like to see them go all the way in their group. I've got to support Australia. After all they are part of Great Britain. :D

Sorry you are wrong Ausy is attached to NEW ZEALAND. :o The bottom end of N.Z. HAHAHAHA :D

Bit off topic but does anyone know which channel(s) will be showing the World Cup in Thailand and will we get English Commentary. I'm fairly certain it won't be on ESPNSTAR as they would have started advertising it about 6 months ago!!

Every single game will be shown live on Thai TV. People who have dual band and/or UBC will get the commentry in English.

Bit off topic but does anyone know which channel(s) will be showing the World Cup in Thailand and will we get English Commentary. I'm fairly certain it won't be on ESPNSTAR as they would have started advertising it about 6 months ago!!

Every single game will be shown live on Thai TV. People who have dual band and/or UBC will get the commentry in English.

The Farang Connection will be showing all games live, with a reduction in beer prices and free snacks when the kitchen is closed.

The Aussies have had problems with teams which play fast football especially through midfield in recent years which is why they always came unstuck againt the South American teams until now.

The Japanese side has a good mix of youth and World Cup experience. Most of the best known Aussies are now on the wrong side of their careers and there is a huge lack of experience of a big tournament.

In my head I see Japan running out comfortable winners. 2 or 3 goals to nil unless Aus can dominate the midfield and break Japan's tempo.

However............ this is the World Cup!!

I can't see the Aussies managing a point if they don't get anything out of the Japan game. I think they should treat it as their 'do or die' game and throw everything into the game and try and get their campaign off to a flier. Three points from this game gives them everything to play for. The Brazil game is a classic 'no lose' situation. Everyone expects them to lose anyway so they can throw caution to the wind and put it up the Brazillians and if noting else set up a scrap with Croatia for second spot. Could you imagine the spirit in the Aussie camp if they have 3 points in the bag heading into the Brazil game?

Ok, the above is maybe a little fanciful but we all know that the Aussies don't play to lose and will probably lack the true class to get through the group but they could make it a lot of fun!

Australia will win the group, anything can happen in the world cup.

See Sth Korea last year?? well australia will not only beat Brazil, they will do it easily and will get into the finals knocking out all the other great teams.

In my head I see Japan running out comfortable winners. 2 or 3 goals to nil unless Aus can dominate the midfield and break Japan's tempo.

Right on.

We'll need to bustle and "put the foot in" early as Asian teams don't like the physical game and crumble under that pressure especially away from home. An old time ankle hacker like Muscat would be great :o

It's critical we get the 3 points in the opener to have any chance of progressing as it will be tough getting any points out of Brazil or Croatia.

Sorry you are wrong Ausy is attached to NEW ZEALAND. :o The bottom end of N.Z. HAHAHAHA :D

At least Australia made it to the Cup and I guess along with all your Countrymen, You'll be watching it on tv. in Australia and barracking for any team that plays us!! :D

At least Australia made it to the Cup and I guess along with all your Countrymen, You'll be watching it on tv. in Australia and barracking for any team that plays us!! :D

Kiwi's watch football :D:D They still can't understand putting the ball in the goal instead of miles over the <deleted> bar.

Australia will win the group, anything can happen in the world cup.

See Sth Korea last year?? well australia will not only beat Brazil, they will do it easily and will get into the finals knocking out all the other great teams.

Refs helped SKorea, you were blind if you didnt see that. :o