BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
meatboy

Do I Deserve A Bollocking

its not the belly they keep cool, its there heart, thats why they go into the water heart between front legs,

ill try and get a pic of our just laid in the pond not a care in the world,

jake

Thick haired dogs can get "hotspots" which, frankly after years of trying to deal with our dog's hotspots could only be solved with clipping her hair off. She loved it and she would present her back and rotate it round for maximum affect when I would clip her.

As well as the big blanket for the back seat please tell us that you also purchased a suitable harness to ensure the dog is safe in the event of an accident. Even if you are good drivers there are many loonies out there that can cause you to brake sharply resulting in a dog hitting you in the back of the neck; would do neither of you any good.

Bestselling-Solvit-dog-car-harness.jpg

As well as the big blanket for the back seat please tell us that you also purchased a suitable harness to ensure the dog is safe in the event of an accident. Even if you are good drivers there are many loonies out there that can cause you to brake sharply resulting in a dog hitting you in the back of the neck; would do neither of you any good.

Bestselling-Solvit-dog-car-harness.jpg

hi cuban where have you been i missed you,yes we got to get a harness the mrs is going to day,thats a fine looking dog,since we had ours clipped he is more lively doesnt drink as much,he is still the same dog but with a different suit.

I smiled when I read you original post, our small dog was virtually shaved a few years ago between my wife and the place that said it was a grooming parlor. Our most recent dog a Golden Retriever had to be part shaved due to an injury and minor surgery a few weeks ago, he looks happier for it.

I'm considering if it's better to adopt a policy of removing much of his fur around March next year, to allow it to grow back for cool season. Our dogs are pets so I'm not subject to "demands" of the breed for showing etc. On reflection from your current experience would you make this a regular seasonal change for your dog? I know when I cut my hair very short it felt odd at first but now love it in the hot weather. I have no reason to consider a dog would not also enjoy the freedom of cut down coat.

I know that the primary cooling mechanism is panting (Our GR has a huge tongue) and there are no sweat glands in the body (few in the feet) but a GR in Thailand does not get subjected to snow or jumping in cold water, so are we just keeping his thick flowing coat as decoration, seems selfish to me.

Any thoughts?

if he feels better in himself,which he is i will keep it short i have got used to seeing him like this so i dont care what others think as long as he is happy,he has taken to sleeping all night on our bed and curled up in his chair during the day,only now he thinks he's a greyhound he keeps running round the house at speed that worries me a bit after having trained greyhounds for 20years i have seen enough injury's so i try to slow him down,where did you get the harness i had one sent to us but it was too small for him i will see if the company that i got the furminator from stocks them,well it looks like its stopped raining because he is pawing to take him out.

Well done with the speedy doggie, an interesting change - maybe suggestive that loosing the fur coat is totally the right course of action. Our GR is loosing his puppy fur atm, lots of combing out so something we might do.

That image I posted was just from a random Google search for a dog harness, we currently have less fancy ones as the dogs seldom travel these days. I am looking to get something custom for GR when he finishes growing. My wife thinks it should be a new pick-up. ermm.gif

Well done with the speedy doggie, an interesting change - maybe suggestive that loosing the fur coat is totally the right course of action. Our GR is loosing his puppy fur atm, lots of combing out so something we might do.

That image I posted was just from a random Google search for a dog harness, we currently have less fancy ones as the dogs seldom travel these days. I am looking to get something custom for GR when he finishes growing. My wife thinks it should be a new pick-up. ermm.gif

ordered a harness this morning from shamuquaterly and something we have been after for a while a dog tag,name&tell.no.they have a massive range to choose from including food.

Don't worry about the mirror. Dogs can't recognise their own reflection. The "mirror test", which is purported to show self-awareness, has only been passed by great apes (humans, gorillas, chimpanzees, &c.), dolphins, killer whales, elephants and (rather surprisingly) magpies.

Even the odd australian has been known to pass the mirror test!!cheesy.gif