Uttaradit & Surrounds

thaijett

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm been teaching here for about 1 year, there are two golf courses although I haven't played on them. You can rent an apartment for about 3,000 baht per month and the food here is very very cheap.Internet is good and SAT tv same as anywhere in thailand. Fairly quiet place in general. Not a lot of farangs here really! if anyone here wants to go for a drink or wants some info, pm me.

i live approx half way between Uttaradit and Sirikit Dam and is a beautiful place to live and generally very quiet . the 2 golf courses are good but prefer the sirkit course , better to play and cheaper everyday price 900 bht .the lotus tesco expansion is almost complete and should be much better when finished .great place to live you can pm me anytime .

Udit is where my wife is from and we have built a home in Wan Dang near Tha Pla which I am thinking is near where Kieth 101 is. Im not a golfer but I got draged around Sirikit gold course until I comandeered a buggy and quite enjoyed the course itself. My sister in law married into family that lives up in Sirikit dam. I am assuming you are new to the area so I will try to give info accordingly. The Sirikit dam is 55-60 kms from Uttaradit, a pleasant drive and a nice place to spend an afternoon. There is'nt a great deal there, a couple of restaurants, gym, golf etc. When I say Sirikit Dam I dont just mean a body of water. The Sirikit Dam is a

hydro electric power pacility.

8037851830_ee60ffaaa6.jpg

SSA40478 by damotucker, on Flickr

and from below the dam wall.

8037849085_6dd59b66c4.jpg

SSA40475 by damotucker, on Flickr

The whole dam, power plant, etc is a comunity bourne from the development of the hydro power facility. As a once off visitor to the Sirikit Dam Hydro Electric power facility you may not realise that all of the area there, housing, everything is there because of the facility. Even the golf course.

The Sirikit Dam.

8038016814_c3ac07ed88.jpg

SSA40484 by damotucker, on Flickr

There is accomodation at the dam for weekend stays and it is a beautiful place, there are places for massage, to drink, photograph,eat, play snooker, golf. My sister in laws ~ father in law is one of the founding members of the golf club at Sirikit Dam.

This place is nice for a day trip too,

8035645727_9c896711fc.jpg

SSA40198 by damotucker, on Flickr

It is still a part of the Sirikit Dam water way but is known as Din Dam. they have little there, it is more an outlet for locals to buy fish, there are restaurants there apon the landings. if you choose you can hire a landing or houseboat and have an overnight stay apon the dam itself,

8035644393_b8ede98e15.jpg

SSA40200 by damotucker, on Flickr

My Experience with the areas surrounding Udit itself are generally limited to the Northern areas as that is where my wife is from. There some other places that maybe of interst to yourself. Mae Phun waterfall in the Laplae amphor is another nice place to spend a day. In general I would say that as far as attractions are concerned there is very little as Uttaradit is generally a rural province in every sence of the word. I passed alot of time by "cruising" on my scooter, taking photos, meeting people, drinking, eating, drinking. The people in Udit are beautiful and amongst the nicest I have ever met in Thailand. The city itself is run down yet easy to navigate, the folk are curious and everything is cheap. The poeple are genuinely honest as there are limited amounts of Farang. There are no tourists, postcards, foriegn exchange booths, scooter hire or beer bars in Uttaradit. I dont even think ther have watches or clocks there. Popular places to entertain yourself after dark used to be India Daeng, Crystal Palm, Baan Mai.

Last month, September was the time for the annual festival Langshart. It is a night time event and a nice attraction to visit. There is often live performance there, general sideshow type stalls, food etc. The event runs for 10 days.

There is a nice park in the inner North of the township itself.

8037936971_789541217d.jpg

SSA40300 by damotucker, on Flickr

There is a driving range just North of the Army base and my sister in law has some land just nearby. The area Mon Din Daeng. If you would like to lease this land I can pass the info on so you can take it further. There is 1/2 rai, Im not sure how much she wants but I think its very reasonable, about 200,000 baht which I think i s good as it's allmost in Uttaradit itself.

I hope this givesw you some general information, PM me if you would like to know any more.

Damo.

• 1 month later...

I have lived in Uttaradit for 8 yrs now. It is usually a very quiet town with some nice restaurants to eat at. The people are pretty friendly. As posted before me, the Tesco is coming to the end of its refurb soon. Hopefully with more selection of treats from home. It is not too far from CM for a weekend trip or P'Lok / Sukhiothai and there are some nice places to visit.

Tony

• 5 months later...

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I am living in Uttaradit for about 6 years and I like it,good restaurants and cheaper than Pattaya etc. I would like to know if some Farlangs in this area are interested to start a Farlang group, Engish or German speaking.

• 4 months later...

im still looking for people interested in playing golf in Uttaradit and or surrounding Provinces , pm me any time .

I used to play on public courses around Perth many years ago.Enjoyed it at the time but I was never much good.One of those people that would use a 7 iron no matter what the shot was.I lent my clubs ( all 2nd hand ) to a nephew around 30 years ago,never saw them again and have not been on a course since.

im still looking for people interested in playing golf in Uttaradit and or surrounding Provinces , pm me any time .

I used to play on public courses around Perth many years ago.Enjoyed it at the time but I was never much good.One of those people that would use a 7 iron no matter what the shot was.I lent my clubs ( all 2nd hand ) to a nephew around 30 years ago,never saw them again and have not been on a course sinc

im off to Chiang Mai on saturday for a week to plat with a club from Pattaya on their annual away games there . never been before and looking forward to the trip . i try to go to Pattaya once a year to meet up with the guys from Perth on their golfing+ trip but cant always go but will be going again next year . they are all members of the Peninsula golf course in Maylands .

if you ever want to get together pm me and we can meet up for a chat somewhere .

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

And gym or fitness with weights or cardio machines around the city?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Should anyone be interested:

There is afaik only one non-hotel gym in Uttaradit. If you go past the hospital, so the hospital is on your left hand side, after one km or

so you will reach a traffic light. Continue past that traffic light for another km, and turn right into the soi where a green building is facing the street. 200m down that soi, there is a gym. The name is "Extreme Gym & Fitness" and it has no cardio equipment, just an mediocre (by local gym standards) selection of machines and free weights. It does however have a squat rack.

The Seeharaj hotel also has a gym, though not sure if it is open to non-guests. Probably it is, but the gym is poor, although they do have some aerobic classes there in the evening.

If not entering the soi with the gym, you can continue down the same main road till you reach the roundabout. Take a right at the roundabout, and after a km or two, on your right hand side, there will be a 400m running track nestled in between various school buildings.

Should anyone be interested:

There is afaik only one non-hotel gym in Uttaradit. If you go past the hospital, so the hospital is on your left hand side, after one km or

so you will reach a traffic light. Continue past that traffic light for another km, and turn right into the soi where a green building is facing the street. 200m down that soi, there is a gym. The name is "Extreme Gym & Fitness" and it has no cardio equipment, just an mediocre (by local gym standards) selection of machines and free weights. It does however have a squat rack.

Sorry about the wrong info. There is a second floor to the gym, and that floor has plenty of treadmills, bicycles, and eliptical machines.

I have lived in Uttaradit for 2 years around Thong San Kan. I had a lot of negative experiences in a village there. I think part of the problem was my wife

had no family from the area and we moved there because of property. I sold everything and moved back to Phitsanulok were I fill more welcome.

Muange Uttaradit was pretty good for the most part when I visited. The only thing I did not like was the hospital, it was the goverment hospital

so the nurses there were pretty rude. My daughter was sick one time when we took her, the service we got was really poor so we just checked her out

and drove to Phitsanulok 100k away to a private hospital.

I did do a few days on a hose boat like boat at the Sirikrit dam that was a pretty fun trip and around the area by Kun Fung have some beautiful spots.

Over all in the city your ok, in a village 40k from the city up to you.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. I am living in Uttaradit for about 6 years and I like it,good restaurants and cheaper than Pattaya etc. I would like to know if some Farlangs in this area are interested to start a Farlang group, Engish or German speaking.

I would be up for your suggestion, we have a house in Wung din about halfway between Uttaradit and Sirikit Dam. I have attached a photo of my house, its about 17 years old now,and the road outside and needs a coat of paint, maybe of interest, I just like taking photos' when its raining for some reason!. I am looking forward to retiring there soonish, it is quiet but as others have pointed out they are plenty of things to do.

Not sure of my next trip yet but would definitely be interested in getting involved in a 'Farang' group.

post-211538-0-24762800-1438940521_thumb.

post-211538-0-00212400-1438940548_thumb.

I passed through there and spent a few days there. It seems the entire town hangs out at tesco lotus and when that closes they mob the 7/11. One place there that I really enjoyed was a restaurant called ( I think) the new York steak house. It's run by a gernan guy and even though I didn't try the steak I went back three times to have his pork steak with French fries. Simple I know but it was very very good.

Really really interesting thanks guys. There's a thai lady in Utteradit I would love to date. Unfortunately has 2 kids already but hey, this is Thailand. Trouble is she is a Go go dancer in Suggababes Walking Street, Pattaya. Answers on a postcard please.

• 2 months later...

Really really interesting thanks guys. There's a thai lady in Utteradit I would love to date. Unfortunately has 2 kids already but hey, this is Thailand. Trouble is she is a Go go dancer in Suggababes Walking Street, Pattaya. Answers on a postcard please.

I think you would be better off thinking about her the person and not what she has needed to do to support her family .

I think you would be better off thinking about the person she is rather than what she needed to do to support her family

Keith. You are obviously referring to Miss Ells. Dancer in Suggababes from Utteradit with 2 kiddies. Sorry to tell you this mate : she is hard as nails, uncooperative, She will empty your wallet quicker than many other girlies in Walking Street and leave you standing out in the cold. Frankly leave well alone. It looks angelic but will devour you and all your assets. My friend sent her money to her village, quite a considerable sum and when he went into Suggababes knowing of her return she ignored him completely and wouldn't even sit next to him. That's what she is like !

Choose again, that's my advice.

Keith. You are obviously referring to Miss Ells. Dancer in Suggababes from Utteradit with 2 kiddies. Sorry to tell you this mate : she is hard as nails, uncooperative, She will empty your wallet quicker than many other girlies in Walking Street and leave you standing out in the cold. Frankly leave well alone. It looks angelic but will devour you and all your assets. My friend sent her money to her village, quite a considerable sum and when he went into Suggababes knowing of her return she ignored him completely and wouldn't even sit next to him. That's what she is like !

Choose again, that's my advice.

i am married to a wonderful lady in Uttaradit and with being back in Aus now she is self sufficient and has only asked me for 5,000 bht in 7 months .not all women are like the one you spoke of.

Archived