Fishing For Siamese Carp At Cha Am Fishing Park

UKJASE

Hi guys..... i need some tips

my friend and i went to Cha Am Fishing Park today..... weather was sunny, and we had a good day..... the highlight for me was losing a 40kg+ siamese carp metres from the net :o(

now i cant stop thinking about it..... it feels worse than being dumped by my first love when i was 16....

it was the third time i have fished Cha Am, and the first carp i have hooked i think

i am now determined to catch one, and need some tips on how to catch one as i dont want to spend the next 3 weeks there every day, as our lass would not be happy

any tips on how to catch siamese carp at this venue? we fished on the opposite bank to the wooden platform, and i fished small piece of bread on 13kg hook length, with small hook, and swim feeder with bread.... i was casting just a few metres out, and we fished 9am - 6 pm

i was not annoyed by the catfish too much

i did not feed too much extra bread apart from what was in the feeder

any tips on how to hook into another of these beautiful fish? any one landed one or more from here, what methods did you use?

Unfortunately you can not say I want to catch a carp otherwise I will not go fishing!! All you can do is try to avoid the mass of Sawai and Mekong by fishing in close, best bait is bread on the bottom, float fishing, free lining and legering all work on there day, you hooked one so you did something right, a friend caught carp of 120lb, 100lb, 68lb, 62lb recently legering, maybe 6 to 8 meters out, if you want to catch a certain species you can blank often so it is just a matter of perserverence I am afraid!! Been here a week and only 2 small Siamese 25lb and 17lb, John next to me caught one of 66lb but did foul hook it, still they all count!! Also I believe you need a very bright hot sunny day to improve your chances greatly, last day today so not looking good, might have to resort to Mr Mekong just to get some big Fish action!!

I was here a few weeks ago and had one of 60lb caught legering with lumb and bread, this was the same time as my friend caught the big carp as mentioned!!

Pacu have been a menace if you fish to far out, lost 4 sets of tackle because of these feckers grrrrr !!

Edited by kawapower

thanks for response kawa......

i have talked my wife into spending this evening in the small hotel / rooms that are by the lake, so tonight and 2moro i am going fishing!! fingers crossed

can you tell me whereabouts on the lake your mate was fishing who caught all those carp?? what a great day he had!!

i have been told by a guy who used to be a guide there, that near to the restaurant is a good place to fish for the carp.....

thanks for response kawa......

i have talked my wife into spending this evening in the small hotel / rooms that are by the lake, so tonight and 2moro i am going fishing!! fingers crossed

can you tell me whereabouts on the lake your mate was fishing who caught all those carp?? what a great day he had!!

i have been told by a guy who used to be a guide there, that near to the restaurant is a good place to fish for the carp.....

Nice meeting you and your wife at Cha Am, people who tell you where a good spot to fish is had a good day or days, that does not mean it will always be a good spot to fish!! Best choose your own place to fish then you can not be disappointed by advice from others, Russel had his Carp in the same spot as myself and John were fishing all week, not sure if he had them all in one day though, I should hopefully be going back to Cha Am the last week of August, determined to catch the monster!!

was good to meet you too Kawa mate thumbsup.gif

the reason i fancied the top end of the lake, was one that guy who had been fishing there 13 years said it was good for the carp, and 2, a guy i know who used to guide there, also said that was the place to go... so i figured there must be some truth in it

i didnt get a carp, but catching a redtail catfish was just as good, and i am still buzzing about it now

did you or john get anymore before you packed up?

i hope the trip back down south was ok for ya mate...... PM me next time you are coming up, and i will pop over for a days fishing again

speak soon mate

• 4 weeks later...

Hi lads....I too have been hunting the illusive Gahor that Cha am holds,ive fished there about 6 times over 9 years....now that i live in koh Samui i will be visiting the lakes more...Lek the owner,is a sound chap,he let us fish in one of his other lakes around the back for pla chon.Last time there we rented the specimen lake...and took 6 Araipama upto 100kgs, and aligator gar to 10 kgs.....no redtails though. maybe ill bump into you guys up there one day...All the best.

yea nice one appy..... was thinking of maybe heading there over the next few days so if you are heading up, get in touch, and we can both not catch kahors together :)

you will have to pick Lek's brain and find out how is the best way to catch some of his lovely Kahors......

you should of seen the size of the one i lost mate...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...