Advice On Taxi From Udon Thani

finsbury

The teerak and I are due to fly into Udon Thani next month on a weekday, arriving circa 7.30 pm.

The plan is to (hopefully) find a taxi at the airport to go straight to her village, which is about halfway between Udon and Sakhon Nakhon (just over an hour's drive).

Do you think we will struggle to find a driver for that journey at that time in the evening? If we will, do you know of any reliable driver that I can contact and pre-book for the journey?

I am budgeting circa 1500-2000 bht for the trip. Does that sound about right?

I've done Udon Thani to Loei by taxi, about 2 hours. I think I paid about 2000. Judging by that your figure sounds about right. No need for meter and they'll gladly do for flat fee.

You shouldn't have a problem finding a taxi. Suggest you ask to see his taxi before locking deal away. His idea of near new and yours maybe totally different.

We often arrange a meter cab to bring live fish to Sawang Daen Din for us, its always 800 baht which is cheaper cash and time wise than me driving along to pick them up.

There are mini buses at the airport who drop you where-ever you want in Udon for a few baht (50 baht a head from memory) get them to drop you at the bus station and negotiate the trip with one of the many cabs there.