Active Expats In Town

Limbo

A nice thing of Chiang Rai is, that (almost) everything is possible in this town. If you have a good idea you will always find others to support you.

And I don't mean only fellow expats. Also Thai residents of Chiang Rai are open for ideas, even if these come from foreigners.

Big or small, there are many ways to contribute to social and cultural life in Chiang Rai.

I believe this (aside from the pleasant climate and its natural beauty) is a good thing for people who consider retirement in Chiang Rai. You can remain active, also inbetween your ears!

We all know the activities of Belgian Gerry1011: His art manifestations of which the benefits go to 'The Smiling Child'-project of the Rotary of Maechan, his Classic Car Show, the coming art manifestation at his house with a famous French sculptor, who is teaching his very special techniques to the students of two schools in Maechan and who will donate his art to the benefit of the same fund.

We think about Dutch Andre, who every Christmas organises a party for the students (466 this year!) of his village school. Many of them might have been eating the first apple of their life this year. Ok, it was visibly difficult to sing English language Christmas carols while chewing, but it worked.

We saw Australian Wayne organise a big party for the children of his village. He even managed to engage a real Santa Claus to drive around to bring candies to the children who couldn't visit his house. Superb food (thanks to Pineapple Bob as well) and funny games brought the people together.

Also German Klaus (no, not Kitty's, the other one) organises cultural meetings.

Another gentleman from Berlin, Harley D. Franky, took the initiative for a combined project of a Chiang Rai Rotary Club, the Kasemrad Sriburin Hospital, the local temple and the Non Formal School to bring elementary healthcare to Mae Yao Village. How did the Non Formal School fit in, you might ask yourself. Yes, they provided free haircuts. It was a big party with a lot of happy faces. Food, music and dance performances, healthchecks and even the rather old merry-go-round looked save with so many doctors around.

So aside from all sport facilities Chiang Rai has to keep your body fit, the mind gets its share as well! If you have an idea, don't hesitate to mention it here.

Limbo.

Looking for expat-photographers who would like to contribute to a photo-exhibition about Chiang Rai. Please PM or e-mail me.

Hi Limbo... i have read ur posts for awhile already and now its time for me to become a member.... hahaha. :o im in chiang rai also.....

Welcome 'unknown_user', happy to have you here, it will be a pleasure to find out who you are :D .

Chiang Rai is a small town! But anyway, big enough.

Limbo :D

hahaha find out yes!! i am still in chiang rai.. not so difficult to find me but yes im so ###### busy here......any nice resturant in town to recomment me?or any nice coffee shop? maybe i will take sometime to head to town...didnt go to town for awhile tho